ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Travis Graf just posted this on HOB...

Physical therapist just sent me this.

I’m assuming the sprain caused quite a bit of swelling that they’re having trouble trying to go away. The boot doesn’t do much for swelling, and him putting pressure on it may be aggravating the healing process, resulting in more swelling. A hard cast is probably an attempt to keep the swelling out to speed up the healing process a bit more. If I were them, I’d shut him down for the whole week (at least), but they need him asap so they’re trying to speed this healing process up a bit

Hopefully that’s the case.

This sounds like out for the weekend.

Without knowing which ligament he injured, it’s kind of hard to say.

My concern would be it’s his Lis Franc ligament, which would be a big deal and he’d be out for 6 weeks.

You don't put on a hard cast on for precautions the day we start tournament play. Seems like another protect the NBA stock move by Cal.

Whoever said it above is correct, it is a huge red flag that the team mentioned they have been working Keldon Johnson at the 4 suddenly this past week. A few days after Cal says they don't want to change how they do everything going into the tournament.

I remember someone saying Cal was pretty straightforward with injuries when I compared Cal to Belichick with the vague injury reports. I'd be fairly surprised if we see PJ in a Kentucky jersey again.

Just texted a buddy who's an ER doctor and did a sports medicine fellowship, so basically all he does is take care of folks with injuries that do not need surgery...

Sent him a pic of Cal's statement. His response: "Yea, that doesn't make sense."

But I'm sure we're all wrong...

:flush:

Is there a chance that what would not make sense for a desk jockey like me is not necessarily what would not make sense for a professional level athlete? I really don’t know.

You don't put on a hard cast on for precautions the day we start tournament play. Seems like another protect the NBA stock move by Cal.

Whoever said it above is correct, it is a huge red flag that the team mentioned they have been working Keldon Johnson at the 4 suddenly this past week. A few days after Cal says they don't want to change how they do everything going into the tournament.

Did you miss the part about the hard cast may have been put on to help get the swelling to go away ? With the boot he was putting too much pressure on the foot causing the swelling to linger. The cast will take pressure off the foot, thus help reduce swelling.

Or you could keep thinking the worst and maybe amputation is the only reasonable solution.

Yep, my first thought was...." Hopefully it's not his Lis Franc or his Suzy Rottingham ligament".

11154581_10152936784158845_7259455243370641749_o_1.jpg

FWIW (probably nothing), a PT friend of mine said that using a hard cast for more comprehensive compression can be a viable treatment for swelling. But they're not sure if it's ever been utilized as just a 1-2 day fix.

Swelling isn’t the reason PJ ain’t playing. It’s the cause of the swelling, which they have said is a ligament injury.

Now one of the main reasons you put somebody in a hard cast instead of a boot is compliance. Maybe PJ doesn’t think he’s needs it and isn’t wearing it like he’s supposed to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT