ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Shows and Pat Adams just hit their tag team finisher on LSU.

Naz Reid shoves the screener before a Florida 3 - correct foul call, but they count the basket. Ball wasn't in the air yet. Shows rallies the troops for a huddle and they count it.

Benford rightly argues the call, Adams swoops in for the tech.

Nice little 6-point possession for Florida, went from down 3 to up 3.

I didn't watch the game, but if refs actually ever do intentionally affect the outcomes of games intentionally, the fix should've been in to get that LSU team out of Nashville.

Thanks for embarrassing yourselves and the conference and for winning a soon-to-be-vacated regular season conference title. Also for hanging losses on both the potential one seeds in the conference with your store-bought players. Now kindly see yourselves the f*ck out.

Remaking Magnum PI sans Selleck should be considered a crime against humanity.

They did include the old T.C. as the new T.C.'s barber/confidant. Selleck was invited but wants no part.

MV5BMjIwMzUyMWItMmFjYy00ZjExLWE1NzEtMjY1ZGI1ODExYjVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYwNDA2MDE@._V1_.jpg

And seem a saint, when
most I play the devil"

I've spent a great portion of my years fighting a losing battle. Tooth and nail, blood and bone, quip and keyboard have been the viscera and the tools of my war. I've used logic, reason, appeals to rational minds and every weapon at my disposal. I've gone through opinion, fact, statistics and old fashioned common sense in the way an archer goes through arrows. My quiver is empty now, I have nothing left to shoot. But I will not stand down.

We're cheaters, we're "everything that's wrong with college basketball," we're "crazy." These, and a host more, are the things said about UK over the years. Rick Pitino is the coach? He's a cheater and too slick. Adolph Rupp? He was a racist and your titles don't count. Tubby Smith? You ran a great coach out of town… but we don't want to hire him because we laughed at you when you were down under him and proclaimed your fall from grace to be a permanent state of affairs. Nothing a Kentucky coach does, or a fan says, or how a player performs will ever change that. We will not be respected (For the most part) for our dedication, passion and pride. Our tradition and history will be vilified and have aspersion cast upon it in an attempt to blacken their achievement and merit. The hypocrisy of others will be ignored, the shaky foundations of a system whitewashed so that its stains can be overlooked in the pursuit of the false idolatry of the "student athlete," as the stones are cast against us in the name of sin.

I never wanted to accept this role. I wanted folks to see the good and take the bad with a grain of salt because, in the end, we're all guilty of something. I know now that it is never going to happen so I have chosen to embrace what so many have wanted to thrust upon us: We are the villains of this play and we are going to play the role to the hilt. We are the evil that is coming for you out of the dark. We are going to be every ugly, hateful and spiteful that you've said all along. We're going to crush your Cinderella, beat the crap out of her Prince and then burn her house down with her wicked stepsisters in it crying for mercy.

Why? 'Cause that's what villains do. We're not redeemable, we're not anti-heroes and in the words of the American poet Common:"We straight nightmares."

And seem a saint, when
most I play the devil"

I've spent a great portion of my years fighting a losing battle. Tooth and nail, blood and bone, quip and keyboard have been the viscera and the tools of my war. I've used logic, reason, appeals to rational minds and every weapon at my disposal. I've gone through opinion, fact, statistics and old fashioned common sense in the way an archer goes through arrows. My quiver is empty now, I have nothing left to shoot. But I will not stand down.

We're cheaters, we're "everything that's wrong with college basketball," we're "crazy." These, and a host more, are the things said about UK over the years. Rick Pitino is the coach? He's a cheater and too slick. Adolph Rupp? He was a racist and your titles don't count. Tubby Smith? You ran a great coach out of town… but we don't want to hire him because we laughed at you when you were down under him and proclaimed your fall from grace to be a permanent state of affairs. Nothing a Kentucky coach does, or a fan says, or how a player performs will ever change that. We will not be respected (For the most part) for our dedication, passion and pride. Our tradition and history will be vilified and have aspersion cast upon it in an attempt to blacken their achievement and merit. The hypocrisy of others will be ignored, the shaky foundations of a system whitewashed so that its stains can be overlooked in the pursuit of the false idolatry of the "student athlete," as the stones are cast against us in the name of sin.

I never wanted to accept this role. I wanted folks to see the good and take the bad with a grain of salt because, in the end, we're all guilty of something. I know now that it is never going to happen so I have chosen to embrace what so many have wanted to thrust upon us: We are the villains of this play and we are going to play the role to the hilt. We are the evil that is coming for you out of the dark. We are going to be every ugly, hateful and spiteful that you've said all along. We're going to crush your Cinderella, beat the crap out of her Prince and then burn her house down with her wicked stepsisters in it crying for mercy.

Why? 'Cause that's what villains do. We're not redeemable, we're not anti-heroes and in the words of the American poet Common:"We straight nightmares."
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT