ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who left this peppermint bark in the office, but it’s delicious. Good thing about tuxedos, they have that adjustable waist band.

Learned to tie bow tie last night. No clip on for this guy.

I’m insanely bored right now.

Reactions: rudd1
Observation:

We’re at the point with my father (70 years old) where he’s Benjamin Button’ing, and turning back into a child.

- you need to speak to him in loud, clear words
- close parking is a must
- we have to travel with a big bag of stuff for him (he takes his laptop/toy everywhere)
- everything takes 2-3x longer than normal
- we have to plan out our day around his eating schedule
- everywhere we travel we pre plan to make sure he has somewhere comfortable to sit down

I honestly thought this would come much later. It only gets worse, I assume??

(ps god bless my mother. she is a saint)

-Well you actually have to advance to State, you don't just get to walk in. How was your state performance Bob?

-0% chance Mags could pin me and the ^ Fake Matt account has even less than that.

-After basically only sipping on barrel proof stuff lately a couple scotches finished in sherry or port barrels really hit the spot last night.

-Well you actually have to advance to State, you don't just get to walk in. How was your state performance Bob?

-0% chance Mags could pin me and the ^ Fake Matt account has even less than that.

-After basically only sipping on barrel proof stuff lately a couple scotches finished in sherry or port barrels really hit the spot last night.

Pretty sure I could pin you.

Reactions: jayroon
Anyone talked to justa lately?

Looking to snag one of those “The Mitch and Rich Farewell Tour” t shirts as a last minute stocking stuffer.

My grievance is wishing people a Merry Christmas today....on Christmas EVE.

Probably shoot fireworks off on the 3rd too.

I wish I had a couple to sell ya. Haven't seen the one I had in about 10 yrs.

I'd like to find some of my old date party/formal tees as well just to see the stupid ish we came up with to put on them.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
I mean you got your start stealing info from the biggest douche to ever grace the UK sports message boards. Is Orlando Antigua going to leave UK and take that Murray st job? Gyero loves you because old frat boys still need to feel relevant and heard. But you are unoriginal and plagiarized your way to being a cheap and disrespectful Oscar combs knockoff. You do good at lawyer talk. So there is that.
This is ignorant

Reactions: Hoops244
Both guys celebrating before it goes in is shades of Steph.

Everyone on all sides, please get the Jones/Rowland drama out of here. And if you haven't posted in here more than 50 times, minimum, now's probably not the time for your big debut. GTFO and let the guys who run Gyero clean up your mess. (And no, don't worry, I don't think I'm in that group.)

I didn't watch but if your the mom/sister of someone in the military and get invited to something honoring him and you DON'T expect him to pop out you're effing retarded.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I use retarded daily. Eff it.
It's a way of saying something is dumb and/or useless like a cell phone or a bad idea, or a stupid person by comparing them to the medical diagnosis of people who can't speak for themselves.

It tells those with intellectual disabilities that they're like whatever dumb thing you're calling "retarded." It tells the people around you that it's no big deal and they don't need to be mindful of the inadvertent comparisons they make. And yes, they absolutely do make the connection and are cognizant enough to understand what it means.

It absolutely, 100% alienates people around you without you knowing on a daily basis who feel strongly about it, but they're not saying anything, because they're tired of bringing it up and making things awkward, or they're afraid of being called politically correct, or thought of as "no fun." But it's nails on a chalkboard to them, and they just remember that you say it all the time and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. People you probably don't think of as being "politically correct," but they just happen to have someone they love who is hurt by that word.

Also, it's really easy to use a dozen other words that are funnier and have no connotations.

But sure, giddy-up. Ugh, "political correctness" yuck! So gross.

Last edited:
It's a way of saying something is dumb and/or useless like a cell phone or a bad idea, or a stupid person by comparing them to the medical diagnosis of people who can't speak for themselves.

It tells those with intellectual disabilities that they're like whatever dumb thing you're calling "retarded." It tells the people around you that it's no big deal and they don't need to be mindful of the inadvertent comparisons they make. And yes, they absolutely do make the connection and are cognizant enough to understand what it means.

It absolutely, 100% alienates people around you without you knowing on a daily basis who feel strongly about it, but they're not saying anything, because they're tired of bringing it up and making things awkward, or they're afraid of being called politically correct, or thought of as "no fun." But it's nails on a chalkboard to them, and they just remember that you say it all the time and it leaves a bad taste in their mouth. People you probably don't think of as being "politically correct," but they just happen to have someone they love who is hurt by that word.

Also, it's really easy to use a dozen other words that are funnier and have no connotations.

But sure, giddy-up. Ugh, "political correctness" yuck! So gross.

People who use that word daily are the very definition of dickhead.

Way too worked up over words. Sucks how people these days revel in the smugness of being offended.
You assume you know a lot more than you do about strangers. It's really easy just to assume everyone else has the same story as you. Sometimes what you see as smugness and being offended for no reason or to get attention has a huge story behind it that's extremely personal to a family, that involves blood tests, and ultrasounds. Stories that involve holding your kid down while he cries and is clearly terrified, and he begs you with his eyes to help him as a doctor feeds a tube down his nose. Stories that involve time spent in the hospital wondering if everyone is going home.

You think these people are just being offended for no reason, to push you around and make you feel bad. More often they're just afraid of the world their loved one is growing up in and wants to do their part to make sure it's as good of a world for them as it can be, because what's a safe world for you isn't always safe for them.

You assume you know everything about someone and that they have the same story as you and they just want attention, because then you can write them off and you don't have to put any thought into it and it's really easy. And like I said earlier, for every one person telling you they're offended, and you think they're a smug little prick like you probably think I am right now, there's ten people who just quietly think you're gross and learn to avoid you.

Probably an unpopular take in here but the public military surprise reunion seems to be borderline propaganda.

If i have been away from my family, I want to be reunited as soon as possible. If UK told me I could dress up as Scratch and reveal myself to my kids at a Jagoff State game but I would have to wait a day to see them I’d tell them to piss off.

Now dogs greeting a serviceman/woman...I love those videos.

You assume you know a lot more than you do about strangers. It's really easy just to assume everyone else has the same story as you. Sometimes what you see as smugness and being offended for no reason or to get attention has a huge story behind it that's extremely personal to a family, that involves blood tests, and ultrasounds. Stories that involve holding your kid down while he cries and is clearly terrified, and he begs you with his eyes to help him as a doctor feeds a tube down his nose. Stories that involve time spent in the hospital wondering if everyone is going home.

You assume you know everything about someone and that they have the same story as you and they just want attention, because then you can write them off and you don't have to put any thought into it and it's really easy. And like I said earlier, for every one person telling you they're offended, and you think they're a smug little prick, there's ten people who just quietly think you're gross and learn to avoid you.

Thank you for stating what is obvious to countless families that have to deal with ignorant people “daily”. Walk a mile in someone’s shoes before you judge if words are hurtful. My family knew that our child was going to be “different” 3 months before delivery. Now that child is in school and has to deal with classmates who say hurtful things “daily”

Children have brains that aren’t fully developed and I can excuse their behavior somewhat for that reason. Adults who use that word are assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT