ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
They can't shut it down from a sheer financial standpoint. Even if they trot a bunch of walk-ons out there the school will still make money but zero chance they shut the program down for a year and take that kind of hit. Its simple... remove everyone associated with Pitino and Jurich from the athletic department and move on (which is what should have been done after Katina). You aren't going to be able to field a basketball team worth going to the tournament for three years so bite that bullet too.

* Also, hopefully this ends the NCAA in some form too. Their clinging to the "student-athlete" while funneling ass loads of money to administrators and sponsors is how you get to this point.

John-Schnatterweb.jpg

I have heard it mentioned several times that the NCAA does not want to use the Death Penalty again. But why not? Wouldn't it put some stop or at least pause to rogue programs like UL?

I want to believe that UK is above all this tawdry pay-for-play funneled through the shoe companies. I want to believe that any hint of a recruit wanting to get paid was a flashing red light for Cal, that this player wasn't of good character and we should terminate our recruitment of that player and find players who bought into Cal's system. I want to believe that the players UK recruited wanted to do it the right way, were convinced that a legit and bigger payday was just around the corner, and therefore they listened to Cal, kept their noses clean and worked toward getting drafted.

I hope what I want to believe is actually reality.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
I mean with the sheer number of high profile guys that have come through here, I'm not nervous about our coaches but am a little bit about these management groups being linked up to one of our guys. Let's be honest it'll be Daniel Orton.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
My kid goes to school with jurich jr. Im around him casually from time to time. His sister, Tom Jurichs daughter works for Addidas and handles the UL account.

One of the Associate AD's also goes to school with our kids - be curious how far or many people fall out from this.

The UofL fans I spoke with last night at soccer want both gone

Keeping Pitino or Jurich is basically daring the NCAA to not even spit on it before they bend UL over.

I'm all for it, but UL fans acting like Tomma is their one true savior need to realize his political clout in a mid-level river town won't keep the NCAA from calling his bluff

I'm all for it, but UL fans acting like Tomma is their one true savior need to realize his political clout in a mid-level river town won't keep the NCAA from calling his bluff

The NCAA worries about preventing teenagers from getting too many bagels.

Let's not go out on limbs.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Yeah according to the SHERIFF this doesn't rise to the level of death penalty.

I figure the NCAA, after handing down repugnant sanctions against the school for prostitution will tread lightly on the CARDS since they waited 6 weeks to broker a 100K pay for play deal in a Las Vegas hotel, that just so happen to contain video surveillance, that also just happen to contain Federal Wire Taps, that also just by chance contained under cover Federal Bureau of Investigations officers.

Now the EFFIN clowns want Scotty Damn Davenport to take over [laughing][laughing][laughing]

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Here is what the Sheriff was focusing on last night...the ASM FBI raid in New York. And here is a list of their current NBA clients:

http://www.asmsports.com/asm-family

Basically saying that Kentucky should watch out b/c of Marquis Teague, and that he might be the whistleblower, and that this investigation will reach all schools before it is over.

I want to believe that UK is above all this tawdry pay-for-play funneled through the shoe companies. I want to believe that any hint of a recruit wanting to get paid was a flashing red light for Cal, that this player wasn't of good character and we should terminate our recruitment of that player and find players who bought into Cal's system. I want to believe that the players UK recruited wanted to do it the right way, were convinced that a legit and bigger payday was just around the corner, and therefore they listened to Cal, kept their noses clean and worked toward getting drafted.

I hope what I want to believe is actually reality.
Gtfo

Reactions: Crankdatmustard
They’re not getting the death penalty.... but I wouldn’t be surprised if part of their sanctions include banning them from playing any non-conference games for a year or two. That was one of Baylor’s big penalties about 10 years ago. It’s a way to financially crush a program without hurting the conference. Imagine taking 24-28 home dates over 2 years. Shew.

Last edited:
A ton of revenue lost, but voluntarily shutting the program down for a year "saves" them from the stigma of the NCAA imposing the death penalty, which is absolutely a possibility.

Someone on 790 just suggested they go get Fred Hoiberg as interim coach and he could possibly even be the permanent coach if it works out. I'd like to see the inverse correlation between listening to Schaudenfreude radio and feeling sympathy for this goofy-ass fanbase.

"There is a real possibility that Rick Pitino and Tom Jurich will both step aside on Wednesday or by the end of the week. Jurich has been at odds with interim President Greg Postel since his appointment last winter after Dr. Neville Pinto bolted for squeaky clean Cincinnati.

In July, Dr. Postel presented Mr. Jurich with a list of tasks. Point #1 was to fire Rick Pitino over the stripper scandal that led to a program beatdown from the NCAA.

Jurich refused Postel’s directive.

http://www.heyterry.com/blog/

The radio personalities are hedging and hoping Tommy is retained.

Here is what the Sheriff was focusing on last night...the ASM FBI raid in New York. And here is a list of their current NBA clients:

http://www.asmsports.com/asm-family

Basically saying that Kentucky should watch out b/c of Marquis Teague, and that he might be the whistleblower, and that this investigation will reach all schools before it is over.

That's the defense right now. Everyone is getting busted. Up to 30 schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT