ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope they don't clean house. I will miss the joy/insanity of tuning into Louisville radio to hear how they react to scandal after scandal. Today has been a great day so far.

Any chance it’s more than Pitino getting fired? That’s big news but it’s kind of expected at this point.

h/t to a source of mine in the FBI that told me the agent in charge of this operation was

giphy.gif

pointbreakgarybusey.jpg

- Imagine being an Arizona fan- your team is getting ready to be preseason #1 and then this shit happens.

- Guess you can remove Miller from the Cal replacement list.

- I've always been curious why Cal seemingly passed on a few studs we could have gotten (ie Ayton). We never even gave Bowen a sniff.

There's no way Bill Self isn't involved in stuff like this. He and his staff are just infinitely smarter than idiot losers like Sean Miller, Bruce Pearl, and Rick Pitino.

Reactions: Rex Kwon Do

Good call, WS. I read his book, The Cartel, which this came from.

The crux:

The NCAA is all a big bluff, one of the longest-running scams in history.

Today, much of the NCAA’s moral authority—indeed much of the justification for its existence—is vested in its claim to protect what it calls the “student-athlete.” The term is meant to conjure the nobility of amateurism, and the precedence of scholarship over athletic endeavor.

But the origins of the “student-athlete” lie not in a disinterested ideal but in a sophistic formulation designed, as the sports economist Andrew Zimbalist has written, to help the NCAA in its “fight against workmen’s compensation insurance claims for injured football players.”

Reactions: Mashburned
The crashing-to-earth reality that long-time UofL media pawns, blinded or forced, are experiencing today makes me take pause. Imagine devoting yourself to such a machine for so long and finally realizing, painfully, you absolutely have to cut bait to save your livelihood from EFFING UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE SPORTS REPORTING.

I can't imagine what this feels like for them.

Feels hilarious to me, tho.

Last edited:
They think it "might" be too bad for Pitino to stay. And that UL is definitely going to be in "flux".

Delusional can't begin to describe them

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT