ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why wasn't UofL explicitly identified?
I don't think they ever handled any of the bribe payments personally, or as an institution. Seems to me that, if the SDNY wanted to be really aggressive, they could maybe hook the UofL coach with conspiracy. The risk of that is introducting a flimsy charge when you have slam dunks on the other charges....

UL is not involved in the indictment where the 4 coaches are named. Adidas used the UL coaches to steer Bowen (maybe others) to UL with money and presumably a promise to sign with Adidas when he got to the NBA.

So, ostensibly no crime by the UL coaches.

Reactions: SAECATFAN
That's twice today Chad has blatantly recycled one of my takes.

Richie does this to me all the time. Hank does it to everyone. Drives me nuts.

There's a good chance UofL wouldn't be involved in any of this mess if they had fired Pitino back when he was banging some skank on a restaurant floor.

That's it. This untouchable environment was bred into the culture at the entire University. We saw it happening for a decade and they buried their heads in the sand. Gotta say, 2 months after the NCAA release to be back doing this for a low 5* is mind bottling.

Reactions: TheShowKiller
It's very GYEROMan to be such a baller that you've got corporate execs throwing cash money at you for your hopeful matriculation, but so very LOUISVILLEMan to be desperate enough to do so.

And speaking of Cash Money, I watched the Bengals game on Sunday next to Mannie Fresh.

We agreed to pay a $1,500 guarantee to have Taywan Taylor come sign autographs at the store for Titans/WKU fans. The next f'n week this happens. Is there anybody at Twitter that could just delete Trump's account for the safety and well being of our country?

From HOB, but :cool2: if true...

"I got a buddy that works in the UL athletic department. He just snapped me a pic of the FBI walking inside..."

But, to be fair, this seems unlikely. The FBI probably would've executed a search warrant before the public release of the complaints and indictments this morning. Less time to destroy evidence....

I'm guessing Lorenzen has already cashed in though.

v7g3Q6o.png

So basically UL signs an agreement with Adidas for 140 million, Adidas then decides UL isn't going to be that good so they steer the last remaining, unsigned top recruit their way for a cool hundry grand. And to top it off the UL coach admits, on tape, that it needs to be on the down low because of prior trouble.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Reactions: Hankshaker
From HOB, but :cool2: if true...

"I got a buddy that works in the UL athletic department. He just snapped me a pic of the FBI walking inside..."

But, to be fair, this seems unlikely. The FBI probably would've executed a search warrant before the public release of the complaints and indictments this morning. Less time to destroy evidence....
Well, Kim did say the covert part of the investigation is over and now it's overt.

I'm no FBIball.

They deserve every bit of it but being a UL fan has to suuucccckkkkkk. Football team is amateur Bengals, basketball program keeps shooting themselves in the dick, and your biggest rival fan base is one of, if not the most obnoxious fan base in all of sports.

WHY WE DO THIS tho

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

THE FBI! BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Louisville is legitimately amazing. God bless them.

The only surprising thing is that there was a federal corruption indictment that didn't involve Baloney Head.

UL fans seem to be split. They're mentally programmed to follow the sequence ingrained into them by Lord Jurich and some are working the others are revolting. My poor uncle, who has always hated Pitino, is furious. Just retired from UL fandom until the house is cleaned. Said he's tired of making excuses for scandals and, coaches and hires.

UL fans seem to be split. They're mentally programmed to follow the sequence ingrained into them by Lord Jurich and some are working the others are revolting. My poor uncle, who has always hated Pitino, is furious. Just retired from UL fandom until the house is cleaned. Said he's tired of making excuses for scandals and, coaches and hires.
The fans I know are universally fed up and done with all of it- which frankly is hopefully how I would be too.

They have to clean house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT