ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not on social media so I'm really kind of lost on WTF anyone's talking about and my god I couldn't be happier. After that god forsaken fourth quarter shitshow I can't imagine reading about whatever the hell a bunch of idiots are outraged about this week, social media seems like such a needless annoyance.

We just completed a bomber/intelligence flight off the coast of North Korea over the weekend per the US Pacific Command.

Let me know when the fighting starts.
We'll find out on Twitter.

Hopefully via The Rock again.

screen_shot_2011_05_02_at_1.43.58_pm.png

Yeah, Korea is certainly not a place I'd like a family member serving right now. Not with these two lunatic's fingers on the red button. No thanks, I'd prefer to go some other way than instantly being converted to dust.

Yes, please do let me know when something other than two hot headed idiots tweets or says something completely asinine.

Until fighting actually happens, then last I checked, there has been NO fighting.

Jesus Christ.

Reactions: TheySoSensitive
There was an article somewhere recently that laid out a not too implausible scenario where Dwayne Johnson and John Cena were the two major party nominees for president in the near future.

We live in the dumbest time.

There was an article somewhere recently that laid out a not too implausible scenario where Dwayne Johnson and John Cena were the two major party nominees for president in the near future.

We live in the dumbest time.
Been talking myself into President The Rock lately. The bar has been lowered.

KNEE TAKE

Upon reflection and as it grows, the knee protest really is genius because it's driving *the right* people absolutely insane. I mean, for that reason it's working, and is one of the more effective peaceful protests I've seen. I love it. Best of all, it's totally protected by the first amendment, which is frankly reinforcing my respect/love for the country.

Only in America, folks. Enjoy it, I say. Our freedoms at work. It's pretty F'n awesome to see.

Actually it's disrespecting the sole symbol of this country that thousands of men have died for. The men who died to give these same athletes that right to protest.
Our constitution allows it, but it also allows me to laugh at you and these idiots too stupid to realize they are degrading the people who gave them this right.

KNEE TAKE

Only in America, folks. Enjoy it, I say. Our freedoms at work. It's pretty F'n awesome to see.

Counterpoint: The players are taking a knee to protest Trump calling them sons-of-bitches. It has nothing to do with the initial protest, which you could argue was over a real social issue. So protesting over a reaction to a protest.

Meanwhile, health care debate rolls on uncovered by the media, and Puerto Rico, which is now apparently as American as Motherhood and Apple Pie, has been turned into Haiti 2.0.

Because you/we were really paying attention when a few hundred black men and women gathered down around City Hall asking for justice all those times...

Well, they've got the floor now, don't they?

They've got the floor about like the Dixie chicks did. Let's see how much protesting they do once it affects their pockets.
On a side note, I thought the cowboys did it correctly. You can protest without disrespecting the symbol that represents the very people who died giving you this right to protest.
And let's be honest, people like you and chase would applaud pissing on a soldiers grave if you thought it would get you some Facebook likes.

They've got the floor about like the Dixie chicks did. Let's see how much protesting they do once it affects their pockets.
On a side note, I thought the cowboys did it correctly. You can protest without disrespecting the symbol that represents the very people who died giving you this right to protest.
And let's be honest, people like you and chase would applaud pissing on a soldiers grave if you thought it would get you some Facebook likes.

People did die to give them their rights... and they'd like to see those rights come to full fruition. That's literally the whole point.

Kneel, stand, sit, I don't really care about that.

What's bullshit is when a former U.S. Army Ranger, who was awarded the bronze star and did three tours in Afghanistan has to apologize for coming out to stand for the anthem.

Not sure if he was forced at gunpoint by the Steelers to backtrack on that decision or what, but the fact that he even feels compelled to ask forgiveness for honoring the flag is ridiculous.

Protesting has become a fad. While all the attention goes to stupid shit like what the NFL supports politically, rest assured you're getting f'd on something else.

Reactions: roguemocha
I mean really shouldn't citizens be more offended by NFL teams bilking taxpayers and public services out of billions of dollars of tax money to buy new stadiums or the department of defense paying the NFL millions of dollars for a PR stunt they tried to make look like a totally organic/heartfelt "support the troops" campaign while the NFL actually took credit for "raising" money for charities?

We can all rally around that right?

It's actually NOTprotected by the 1st Amendment.

Just sayin'...
o_O

They're not protected from being fired/fined whatever by their employer but they're certainly protected from government sanction.

Same thing with everyone who's mad about the protest.

Also 73 yard passes on 3rd and 8 can EAD.

Bomani Jones nailed it yesterday...the owners weren't on the field to support a protest against racial injustice/police brutality. They were on the field to protect their product and support their players. But that support only goes as far as the public backlash starts to affect their bottom line. The owners really don't give a crap about the stuff Kaepernick was protesting in the first place. So the show in force was really about something else...protecting the shield. Jerry Jones wasn't on the field to stand against police brutality. He wanted the respect of his players. Nothing more, nothing less. But if the ratings go down and public backlash grows, don't expect the charade to go on much longer.

With that said, Trump needs to let it go.

KNEE TAKE

Upon reflection and as it grows, the knee protest really is genius because it's driving *the right* people absolutely insane. I mean, for that reason it's working, and is one of the more effective peaceful protests I've seen. I love it. Best of all, it's totally protected by the first amendment, which is frankly reinforcing my respect/love for the country.

Show me where the nationwide oppression exists and general lack of opportunities for minorities and I will support you. Did this plight start January 1st of this year? Or perhaps the voice is stronger now because the protesters had to be careful as to not offend the chosen one the last 8 years? Guess what big guy...whatever issues exist right now were in full effect the last 8 years and longer.

News flash for you...racism towards ALL of humanity has existed forever, and it will continue. Can we make it better and is it better...of course. But according to the NFL, Lebron, and a slew of "the left" people, we have reverted back to the 60's and George Wallace is leading the country.

Protest...fine. Do it constructively. Hold community meetings, run for office, or even get a group of players and go talk to the current administration and communicate exactly what you are protesting instead of continuing to alienate those who revere the flag and the anthem.

Could Trump have been more PC in his comments...definitely. But he isn't wrong and thankfully we have a true leader who wants to defend this country. He may not be Churchill, but he isn't going to stand idly by with tea and crumpets and apologize for wanting to defend us.

Your entire post was written with a smirk, nothing more. You openly admitted you are happy because the right is upset. You offered as much to combat the issue as those taking a knee....nothing. But that is typical of the left these days...they offer nothing constructive, but would prefer to be destructive in fighting for the cause they believe in.

Reactions: Stonewall12
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT