ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you meant to say Starkvegas and it probably sucks. Aside from that, my buddy still has tickets to sell for that game (shocking, I know).

[laughing]

That's even more UK football than not having enough guys on the field to defend a play.

Don't worry guys, we're going to make sure THIS TIME that we have two, highly dedicated staff members to ensure we are playing a fair game of 11 on 11. All good. Sorry about that gut-wrenching loss that you'll never forgot and be sadpissed about for the next millennia.

It really just depends on how many years of coaching experience they have
Lol, was just getting ready to say that sounds like exactly something one of my younger managers would do. Rather than hold the idiot who's responsible over the coals, just throw labor at it. Now 2 people can point fingers at each other. I'm sure you know all about that stuff.

-Starkville is by far the worst SEC road trip. Absolutely nothing enjoyable about it. Shitty town, annoying cow bells, poor tailgating, strangely arrogant fan base, nothing to do within 100 miles.

-Cal making an effort recently on getting in with guys earlier? Seems like he's personally getting on the 19-20 class more than I recall.

Its time we all come to grips with the fact that you can probably catch the CTE from years of repeated GYERO. There have definitely been a few posters that disappeared all of the sudden and without much warning. Head trauma is the only realistic explanation.

1. I got nothing for you. I don’t. This is supposed to be about Florida and I can’t even write about Florida in the positive or the negative because Kentucky’s here, and if Kentucky football is here it will control what happens, and not in the good way for Kentucky football. There are curses and they are real and you have one of them, Kentucky, and a battalion of warlocks working overtime for months on end wouldn’t be able to scrub it off your program.
  2. I don’t even know if it’s funny. It didn’t feel funny, the way watching your opponent lose is supposed to be funny. The first time—when Kentucky left Tyrie Cleveland completely uncovered—-that might have been funny if it hadn’t been so stunning, and if the magnitude of the mistake hadn’t been made all too clear by how long it took for anyone to notice or do anything about it. Cleveland got the ball and suddenly it looked like that video where the man is running across the park yelling FENTONNNNNNN over and over again while his dog chases a herd of deer. It was absurd comedy, the kind with a dark streak in it, the kind so stupidly obvious it becomes smart, somehow.
  3. The second time, though? The second time was just cruelty. Kentucky came on out of a timeout with twelve men on the field, then had ten, and then a touchdown handed over for free. Replay made it so, so much worse. Everyone on Kentucky’s sideline signalling for timeouts that never came, Mark Stoops looking like every bit of color had been drained from his face, and that sick, silent lurch in the stadium where you can hear through the television the distinctive sound of collective nausea.
  4. That came after Kentucky did precisely what it needed to do to win this game. They looked faster and better-coached than Florida for 99.99999% of the game. The Wildcats had one more first down, ran the ball well enough, and got a really good game out of their quarterback, Stephen Johnson, who threw three TDs and probably would have gotten Kentucky into position for a winning field goal.
  5. He didn’t because of an iffy-at-best holding penalty. That’s what makes this so much worse than any of these I’ve ever seen. After two insane instances of random incompetence in all that otherwise competent football, Kentucky had their last and best shot to beat Florida yanked away by a dodgy call. It might have felt better to just lose the game on your own terms, Kentucky, and that was about to happen, but fate apparently wants you to feel every flavor of this pain—including being screwed by an official late in a bitter contest that might just throw someone off the sport altogether.
  6. Kentucky’s cursed, and Florida still isn’t very good, and fourteen points, Kentucky. You handed us fourteen points and we will take them but goddamn. Just: goddamn.

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/9/25/16360710/blatant-homerism-kentucky-i-just

We (ridiculously) have get back coaches in college football, may be time for a timeout coach on our sideline.

1. I got nothing for you. I don’t. This is supposed to be about Florida and I can’t even write about Florida in the positive or the negative because Kentucky’s here, and if Kentucky football is here it will control what happens, and not in the good way for Kentucky football. There are curses and they are real and you have one of them, Kentucky, and a battalion of warlocks working overtime for months on end wouldn’t be able to scrub it off your program.
  2. I don’t even know if it’s funny. It didn’t feel funny, the way watching your opponent lose is supposed to be funny. The first time—when Kentucky left Tyrie Cleveland completely uncovered—-that might have been funny if it hadn’t been so stunning, and if the magnitude of the mistake hadn’t been made all too clear by how long it took for anyone to notice or do anything about it. Cleveland got the ball and suddenly it looked like that video where the man is running across the park yelling FENTONNNNNNN over and over again while his dog chases a herd of deer. It was absurd comedy, the kind with a dark streak in it, the kind so stupidly obvious it becomes smart, somehow.
  3. The second time, though? The second time was just cruelty. Kentucky came on out of a timeout with twelve men on the field, then had ten, and then a touchdown handed over for free. Replay made it so, so much worse. Everyone on Kentucky’s sideline signalling for timeouts that never came, Mark Stoops looking like every bit of color had been drained from his face, and that sick, silent lurch in the stadium where you can hear through the television the distinctive sound of collective nausea.
  4. That came after Kentucky did precisely what it needed to do to win this game. They looked faster and better-coached than Florida for 99.99999% of the game. The Wildcats had one more first down, ran the ball well enough, and got a really good game out of their quarterback, Stephen Johnson, who threw three TDs and probably would have gotten Kentucky into position for a winning field goal.
  5. He didn’t because of an iffy-at-best holding penalty. That’s what makes this so much worse than any of these I’ve ever seen. After two insane instances of random incompetence in all that otherwise competent football, Kentucky had their last and best shot to beat Florida yanked away by a dodgy call. It might have felt better to just lose the game on your own terms, Kentucky, and that was about to happen, but fate apparently wants you to feel every flavor of this pain—including being screwed by an official late in a bitter contest that might just throw someone off the sport altogether.
  6. Kentucky’s cursed, and Florida still isn’t very good, and fourteen points, Kentucky. You handed us fourteen points and we will take them but goddamn. Just: goddamn.
https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2017/9/25/16360710/blatant-homerism-kentucky-i-just

Pretty much.

That kind of sums up jim mcelwain's sentiment in his immediate post game interview. He absolutely felt guilty about winning that game after his team did absolutely nothing to win it.

Reactions: drxman1
Blogger man is right. If we had attempted a field goal in range, something weird and sadistic would've happened for us to lose. My assumption is lightning would've struck the ball 6 inches prior to it entering the uprights. Replay would show the ball exploding and 0% of the leather making it through.

Facebook never ceases to amaze.

My cousin is in Korea now fighting for our country and you can't stand up for the anthem????!!! NFL I will not watch you play and I'm a huge sports fan! So sad!!!! Wow!

I wish everything about the NFL including the anthem BS would just go away. This includes my stupid AF fantasy team I got roped into making.

Facebook never ceases to amaze.

My cousin is in Korea now fighting for our country and you can't stand up for the anthem????!!! NFL I will not watch you play and I'm a huge sports fan! So sad!!!! Wow!

[laughing]

I really hate people sometimes.

Most of the times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT