ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You "wonder" if our very cerebral PG decided on his own to miss a free throw in a two point ballgame against a Top 10 team with 1.9 seconds left.

How touching dumb are you?

/ignore

Yeah, I wonder, because a made 3 guarantees you don't lose on some bullshit 3 from 3/4 court. Make it and foul if you have to. How touching dumb are you?

Unbelievable performance in what looked like an unbelievable environment.

- We *must* get better production at the 4. Regardless if it was Willis or Gabriel, Roy immediately attacked either guy. Hicks had his way and 15th Region guy got his, too. You knew Jackson would ball out, as he's one of the best players in the country, IMO.

But GD, Gabriel is a lost soul on defense and Willis has no soul. They have to at least hold their own on the glass and make things difficult on occasion for the other guy.

- The most impressive play (to me) Monk made was the lob to Gabriel at the end of the game. With so much on the line in a key spot, he easily could have forced it and taken on the defender but he made the right play (and a great pass) by dishing it to Gabriel. Some say it was a little careless, but that lob was right on the money and Darkness simply botched it. That play spoke volumes to me. Monk may be a gun but he's not a selfish basketball player, if that makes sense. Absolutely love him.

- Briscoe really struggled with Jackson. Didn't slow him down one bit, which was pretty concerning. I know there's a distinct height advantage but still...

Grumpy werthers take of the day: I've seen about enough of these travel package UK Basketball Experience games. Bahamas. New York. Las Vegas. In one month. It's all a bit excessive for my taste.

Kentucky Wildcat Basketball should have more substance than simply this elite strata of fans and their destination travel. UNC should be in Lexington today, and it should be a special Holiday atmosphere down there at Rupp for thousands of Kentuckians, not just those that could make the trip to freaking Las Vegas.

IMO, there has developed a glorified AAU feel with this team in large part to this year's scheduling. No sir, I don't like it.

Ill get pumped now.

Old school rack.

Are you not entertained?!

This is fun...but I'm sure it unnerves Cal, I don't think 100+ games are his comfort zone.

I love Monk, I'm not sure that dude ever knows time, score, situation or even cares. And I mean that in a good way. You know who he is? He's JR Smith without the insanity.

Walking out of T-Mobile tonight felt a lot like the UK-UConn game at the Garden in 2009. Just pure jubilation.

Felt like the ending of the US-Soviet Olympic game after Fox's FTs...missing the walk call, and then putting that much time on the clock not once, but twice.

They need to kick OSU out and put Indiana in this event. Would help to narrow the gap with the Champions Classic from a fan turnout standpoint.

Reactions: catholic_back
As far as the free throw you make both and at worst it goes to OT and Berry had just fouled out fouling Fox to stop the clock so UNC was cooked if it went to OT.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Making the FT ensures that you don't get beat. Point blank, bottom line. Maybe if there was .5 or less, but that's it. Math and stuff.

It's going to take a miracle anyway. You don't want the miracle ending up beating you.

Big performance. I feel like we are a more explosive version of last year's team. If Bam makes the leap (and it sure looks like he will), then this ride could be special. Still need Willis and/or Humphries to round into better form.

Big strong teams could hurt us. South Carolina could be a test and a total clash of styles. I'm looking forward to that one. They'll have to be very tough to win that one. And that's the one quality I question regarding this team right now. Physical toughness/strength.

If Bam makes the leap (and it sure looks like he will), then this ride could be special. Still need Willis and/or Humphries to round into better form.

Yep, somebody, anybody, has got to come along and give Bam some more help down low. I would still like to see Humphries and Bam in there together just to see how it goes.

Reactions: Hankshaker
A week til Christmas and I'm under a effing tornado watch. First class horseshit weather.

The real question should not be about the want to intentionally miss, but why doesn't Cal accept going up by 3 and fouling if he wants to ice the game?

I mean history shows he has a reason to use the strategy.

- De'Aaron Fox looks like Sid the Science Kid

^ jesus you are terrible at the internet.

Ive been to alot of big games. That was as intense as the IU atlanta/UL Indianapolis. Of course not as meaningful but big game atmosphere. The celebration after outside the arena was quite a scene. [cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT