ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gawd for the Cincinnati Bengals to save my football weekend. Big win yesterday, always nice to steal a win on the road that could really help out on tie breakers down the road. Need to shore up that run defense but I like my team.

Also went 2-0 to start the fantasy football season.

Solid slate of other college football games coming up this weekend.

All in all, over Saturday's debacle. I mean I'd feel bad if I had dropped some serious money for shame shacks or hot carl nachos, but from a financially uninvested fan standpoint and in the immortal words of Dave Shula- "there's golf to be played, tennis to be played, etc. etc."

Told my kids they could watch the football game with me Saturday if they wanted since it wouldn't be on as late as it normally is. Their response? "WHY? THEY'RE TERRIBLE." I'm so proud of them for reaching this reasonable conclusion at such a young age. It could save them years of grief and wasted money.

Told my kids they could watch the football game with me Saturday if they wanted since it wouldn't be on as late as it normally is. Their response? "WHY? THEY'RE TERRIBLE." I'm so proud of them for reaching this reasonable conclusion at such a young age. It could save them years of grief and wasted money.
This is how minor league soccer will take over btw

- Regardless of the names on our lists, a competent AD would have 3-5 names that if available and a change is imminent then you make the change. That of course assumes that you will be their best option/offer. My top 3 in no particular order would be:

Brohm
Franklin
Tressel

I think Barnhart said he had like 71 names or something ridiculous when he hired the most recent baseball coach. What that actually means is he didn't have any list at all.

Here it is.

I worked with Kevin Saal and DeWayne Peevy. We quickly put together a list of folks we thought would be interesting to talk to about our job at Kentucky. The list quickly grew. There were 51 names within a three day stretch of people that had shown interest in our job at Kentucky. It’s a Southeastern Conference job. It is one that people realize the potential of what goes on at the University of Kentucky in so many different ways. So it was a very popular position right out of the chute.

So it was 51, not 71. Again, he had no list. And this was replacing a coach that he knew he would be replacing at the time.

- Regardless of the names on our lists, a competent AD would have 3-5 names that if available and a change is imminent then you make the change. That of course assumes that you will be their best option/offer. My top 3 in no particular order would be:

Brohm
Franklin
Tressel

You also think Hillary used a body double yesterday. Thankfully, your list means as much as mine.

President Eli summons Mitch to his office, which has a high desk not unlike a judge's bench for some reason:

"OK, Mitch. You're our AD. We need to make a change I need to know you're prepared to find us the best candidate."

*Mitch opens door, a pack of associate ADs bring in sacks of envelopes*
case-dismissed-miracle-on-34-st-2.jpg

"Here it is, 30,000 people eligible to be a football coach of some sort or another! I also have a list of 3 search firms we could pay for and use as well."

"By god, Mitch, you've done it again you magnificent bastard. So prepared."

You also think Hillary used a body double yesterday. Thankfully, your list means as much as mine.
And I stated that it's absolutely crazy for me to believe that.

I guess that means you wouldn't endorse any on my list. Good to know you won't be doing the hiring.

And I stated that it's absolutely crazy for me to believe that.

I guess that means you wouldn't endorse any on my list. Good to know you won't be doing the hiring.

Actually your list is about the same as mine. That's what I don't like.

Doesn't bode well for me.

I'm going to try to read books or something to become smarter.

Just made a stupid bet. Took UK -18.5 for $100 #WHYNOT, #ALLIN, #LOVETHROWINGMONEYAWAY

Meitch, Ginger, DJ Elliot should have to live in the Shame Shacks until we win 6 games. I mean, show the fans you are in it to win it. They are selling the mother touchers to the fans for $5k, if it is that nice, live in them, never leave the gd stadium until you fix this GD dumpster fire. Or pack your shit, hook those ugly eye sores to your truck, and hit the touching road. The latter would be best for all involved.

It's way more fun to be negative, but this season really could get turned around quickly. We've got New Mexico State and South Carolina coming up, and both are at home. Alabama will be ass whipping, but then Vandy and Mississippi State at home. At Missouri is winnable. Austin Peay.

I think this is a 5-win team. I mean, marcus.

This will almost certainly be a four or five win team. We've basically hired the football equivalent to Tubby Smith. Instead of Elite 8's and Sweet 16's with the promise of Final Four's it's 4 and 5 wins with the promise of a bowl game. Wait until next year though...

One more nice thing to say about this team, and then I'll go back to hating them...

...that Southern Miss loss won't sting any less, because of the huge lead we blew, but a month or so from now we'll realize we lost to a very solid team.

Easy now. Stoops has a long way to go to be the football equivalent of Tubby.

Not really. He's going to keep winning most of the games he should, losing almost all the ones where he's an underdog, and falling just short of the desired post season outcome. Bowl v. Final Four. As bad as Saturday was, we'll still find four wins on this schedule. Just enough to buy Stoops a fifth year.

Southern Miss won 9 last year and gave WKU a good run in the bowl game. They also returned their starting QB and RB among others. Anybody that thought that one was going to be easy is crazy. I'm less bothered by that loss than I am the lay down at Florida.

Reactions: roguemocha
False. We're losing that one.

Concur:
  • Missouri scored only 15 offensive touchdowns last season, but has already scored eight in two games this season
  • Missouri has run 178 plays in two games, including 100 in its season opener against West Virginia.
  • Missouri scored more points on Saturday (61) than it did in its final seven games last season combined (56).
  • Sophomore quarterback Drew Lock appears to be flourishing in Heupel's offense. He tied a school record with five touchdown passes on Saturday, while also throwing for a career-high 450 yards.
  • Missouri racked up 647 yards of offense on Saturday, the most since 2011.
  • Missouri's 61-point output on Saturday was its highest-scoring game since 2012.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
I don't think we can beat Vandy, Miss State, or Missouri, and South Carolina will be a tall order. Both lines are genuinely that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT