ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- What I think many are missing about the significance of Pitino showing up this weekend.

-I was pissed he was coming and I knew he would be there for madness when they said he was coming for the football game. That was used just to check the temperature of the fanbase.

-However once the events transpired and I saw how much it meant to both men I changed how I felt about it.

-Pope wanted him back that was clear and he made it happen.

-Pope knew that in order for him to enjoy his time here and be the best he could be he had to make sure the reason why he is here in the first place is in good standing with the fans.

-The forward thinking of Pope and his absolute love for Pitino was on display. It meant just as much if not more to Pope to see Rick embraced by the BBN once again.

-Pitino didn't steal the spotlight or the show from Pope. Pope made it the spotlight for the healing and his era to begin without it looming over the program.

-Pope made it clear again that he is so comfortable in his skin that even when the night was suppose to be his first madness as head coach he still made it about what's good for the program and not what's suppose to be his time to shine.

Last edited:
The fact that UL got a chapped ass over Pitino coming here, is ALL the reason you need.

Also, re: Stoops, Sumrall etc. The biggest obstacle we face is currently the AD. Mitch doesn't have that kind of "power move" in him.

It takes big ones to fire the "winningest football coach in UK history", and then go grab one of the hottest young coaches in the country.

It’s been somewhat obvious to me (in hindsight, of course) that the consistent fire and inspiring play from the football Cats hasn’t been the same since the tragic fate of Schlarman and the departure of Sumrall.
I Guess If You Say So GIF

The last time I was at Epcot was around 2015. My wife and I got talked into going to Disney with my Dad and stepmom. They said we wouldn't have to pay anything, that they would cover it.

What I didn't know was that they had wrangled us into one of those f***ing timeshare "free" vacation deals. If that wasn't bad enough, I developed an abcessed molar on the way down. The pain was so bad by the third day, that all I could do was meditate into it. My dentist called in an antibiotic but refused to call in a painkiller. So it was ibuprofen, and weed for a week. So I probably don't have the best memories of Epcot in light of that.

My wife had two Vicodin that she gave me before we went to the Magic Kingdom. I took both, smoked half a blunt (my Dad and Stepmom were freaked out about that; me getting high in the parking lot. Too bad, the pain was exquisite) I also had an 8 ounce flask of Wild Turkey with me too. They didn't know about that.

I was worried about metal detectors, so I slipped the flask into a pocket on the scooter/rascal that my stepmom was using as we approached the entrance (she had no idea) and then retrieved it once we were in. Anyway, I got to ride Pirates of the Carribean, high, and hopped on Vicodin. It added a lot to the experience.

(I have an actual gold tooth/crown now, where that tooth used to be. My dentist was way old school, and retired shortly after that. The guy that took over his practice laughed his ass off when he saw it. He couldn't believe that anyone was still putting in actual gold teeth anymore. I gave my wife strict instructions, that if I'm on my death bed/hospice/whatever, that as soon as she's POSITIVE I'm dead, to get a pair of pliers, which she should have in her purse, and yank that f***ing thing out of my head, before they take the body)

Last edited:
The last time I was at Epcot was around 2015. My wife and I got talked into going to Disney with my Dad and stepmom. They said we wouldn't have to pay anything, that they would cover it.

What I didn't know was that they had wrangled us into one of those f***ing timeshare "free" vacation deals. If that wasn't bad enough, I developed an abcessed molar on the way down. The pain was so bad by the third day, that all I could do was meditate into it. My dentist called in an antibiotic but refused to call in a painkiller. So it was ibuprofen, and weed for a week. So I probably don't have the best memories of Epcot in light of that.

My wife had two Vicodin that she gave me before we went to the Magic Kingdom. I took both, smoked half a blunt (my Dad and Stepmom were freaked out about that; me getting high in the parking lot. Too bad, the pain was exquisite) I also had an 8 ounce flask of Wild Turkey with me too. They didn't know about that.

I was worried about metal detectors, so I slipped the flask into a pocket on the scooter/rascal that my stepmom was using as we approached the entrance (she had no idea) and then retrieved it once we were in. Anyway, I got to ride Pirates of the Carribean, high, and hopped on Vicodin. It added a lot to the experience.

(I have an actual gold tooth/crown now, where that tooth used to be. My dentist was way old school, and retired shortly after that. The guy that took over his practice laughed his ass off when he saw it. He couldn't believe that anyone was still putting in actual gold teeth anymore. I gave my wife strict instructions, that if I'm on my death bed/hospice/whatever, that as soon as she's POSITIVE I'm dead, to get a pair of pliers, which she should have in her purse, and yank that f***ing thing out of my head, before they take the body)

I’ll give you 90% spot for it right now. Save her the trouble.

I’ll give you 90% spot for it right now. Save her the trouble.

Well, I'm actually USING it now. If you're saying that you will give me 90 percent spot, right now, and you get the tooth when I die, I'd say, let's draw up a document. I'm 61, and it's no secret that I have lived a lifestyle that could be described as "reckless abandon, with no regard to the longterm consequences" so the odds are favorable that you won't have to wait that long. Honestly, I should get full spot price, because gold isn't going to go down, longterm, and you'll be locking it in at the current price, but I won't quibble.

4 grams of 18K gold at 90 percent spot is worth 220 dollars.

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneDougan
I'll pay you 200% of spot right now if I get to punch you in the mouth to get it out.

Well, I can only promise you THIS: I would give you the CHANCE to punch me in the mouth. But, in spite of my age, that might be harder to do than you think. LOL

Or, it might NOT... It's the lower right second molar, so you're going to need a pretty solid left hook. 😆

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT