ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- What I think many are missing about the significance of Pitino showing up this weekend.

-I was pissed he was coming and I knew he would be there for madness when they said he was coming for the football game. That was used just to check the temperature of the fanbase.

-However once the events transpired and I saw how much it meant to both men I changed how I felt about it.

-Pope wanted him back that was clear and he made it happen.

-Pope knew that in order for him to enjoy his time here and be the best he could be he had to make sure the reason why he is here in the first place is in good standing with the fans.

-The forward thinking of Pope and his absolute love for Pitino was on display. It meant just as much if not more to Pope to see Rick embraced by the BBN once again.

-Pitino didn't steal the spotlight or the show from Pope. Pope made it the spotlight for the healing and his era to begin without it looming over the program.

-Pope made it clear again that he is so comfortable in his skin that even when the night was suppose to be his first madness as head coach he still made it about what's good for the program and not what's suppose to be his time to shine.

Last edited:
The fact that UL got a chapped ass over Pitino coming here, is ALL the reason you need.

Also, re: Stoops, Sumrall etc. The biggest obstacle we face is currently the AD. Mitch doesn't have that kind of "power move" in him.

It takes big ones to fire the "winningest football coach in UK history", and then go grab one of the hottest young coaches in the country.

Mitch got ballsy when Cal defaulted on his contract terms. No effing way top button goes nuclear chutzpah and eats $44m of piglets pork.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT