ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Older I get the more I enjoy the driving - so its 8 hour limit for me flying
Unless I have to drive thru West Virginia - no thanks - then I fly

Reactions: MotorCityKat
Congrats to Elly for now having the most strikeouts ever by a switch hitter in the NL....it was 189 and this one slipped by as he flew past it to his current # of 204. Props.

2 more K's and he will have the Reds all time record which is now 205 by Drew Stubbs, one of Pti's all time fav Reds.

There is an outside shot he breaks the MLB record of 223 by Mark Reynolds, but I doubt he will play in each of the last 8 games in order to get it. Maybe next year.

- According to Wife:

* Pitbull/T-Pain was one of the greatest concerts of all-time.
* She burnt 500 calories dancing.
* T-Pain’s greatness is actually forgotten.

- 96 degrees for Oktoberfest. Go to hell, Anth.

- To this day, I have trouble ranking The Office, Parks&Rec and 30 Rock. Outstanding era for NBC.

- Oktoberfest, Reds game, Nelly concert and Vampire Weekend all down on the river tonight. There’s a reason Cincinnati is world renowned when it comes to arts and culture.

- You’d think Big Blue would beat the brakes off Ohio U and bring some momentum into Oxford. We’ll see, I guess.

- Based purely on attractiveness, I wouldn’t rank the Mormon momtok wives:

1) Demi
2) Jen
3) Taylor
4) Mayci

Decent sized drop off

On my trip yesterday this lady who looked a lot like Lizzo sitting in 1A got down on her knees facing her own seat, put a pillow down, and slept like that for most of the flight. I've never seen that, but it brings up an interesting question: do you think people just don't care about social norms or are they just oblivious to them? I mean doing that is just psychopathic behavior.

On my trip yesterday this lady who looked a lot like Lizzo sitting in 1A got down on her knees facing her own seat, put a pillow down, and slept like that for most of the flight. I've never seen that, but it brings up an interesting question: do you think people just don't care about social norms or are they just oblivious to them? I mean doing that is just psychopathic behavior.

I think there a lot of garbage people in the world and you become aware of them more now because of social media. Before it was just the random run-in like you just described. Today, you see it daily in video. Makes you think there are more of them. I don’t think there are. I think most people are decent and considerate, similar percentage of there has always been.

That said, I was recently ranked in the Top 5 of a fraud ranking, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

-It's gonna be <70 and rainy all next week, so you'll be able to crawl in your cave, and work on that ankle girth, you pasty little bitch.

-The weather has been fantastic. Sat at the ball park Wednesday night watching a beautiful sunset. 73 degrees. Phenom.

-T-Pain and Pitbull are definitely underappreciated. Pitbull radio is great with the kiddos.

- If the rumors are true, hard to blame that sheriff. Obviously, can't go judge/jury/executioner but I don't want to even put myself in his shoes.

-5-6 is really the limit but I'm not trying to test those boundaries at this point. Not much at that 4-6 hour radius that I can see want to drive to. Especially if they have an easy flight option. Maybe StL. But Nash/Indy would pretty much be as far as I'd like to go with kids in tow.

-Captains Quarters last night. Hadn't been there in 20+ years since one of those bad decision Sunday night parties they had. Great sunset. Food was alright. 1:40 drive from lex in rush hour was awful. Both cities' construction is obnoxious.

-Little dude has declared his favorite color is black. Firmly black. Not sure I've ever heard that out of kid before. He's a wild dude. Good news is, teachers have seem to calm down his pirate tendencies. They're way better at this shit than I am.

-Little dude has declared his favorite color is black. Firmly black. Not sure I've ever heard that out of kid before. He's a wild dude. Good news is, teachers have seem to calm down his pirate tendencies. They're way better at this shit than I am.
Glad to see L is following in uncle Bonz's thrash metal footsteps as black was the favorite color for all Headbangers Ball fans growing up 🤘

Longer stay makes longer drive worth it. Kids are a +/-, driving longer causes issues. Flying them costs more. Economics. Throw in golf clubs, pack and play, beach items, a lot of variables.

Kid free this week. Flying.

30 Rock > Parks and Rec > The Office, all a matter of taste.

Friday 5- Vacation mode

Better Together- Jack Johnson
Theme from Endless Summer- The Sandals
Dock of the Bay- Otis Redding
One Love- Bob Marley
Shanty- Jonathan Edwards

From the files of "Getting Old Sucks":

- Without going into too much detail, I went to an event last night where Tubby was the keynote speaker. He rambled and told stories that were hard to follow for about 45 minutes. It's not dementia or anything. He looks as sharp as ever. Gets around great and is witty.

But man, whatever he was trying to say last night was all over the place. Apparently, he spoke earlier in the week to a collection of superintendents and that was spectacular. I guess he just didn't want to repeat the same speech or something. I love the man, but I was getting 2nd hand cringe.

- Also, I have a strained hamstring that is taking me 2 weeks to get over. I'm pretty sure 20 years ago, it would just have been a minor annoyance and I would have been back playing open gym in 24 hours.

Getting older sucks.

—forgot who mentioned MJ Lenderman the other day but love that guy. Listen to all sorts of stuff but he hits the right spots amongst a lot of nostalgic bands from an era where I wasn’t banging just one chick.

—don’t tell on yourselves but remember when you could just go out in the wild? Like, remember that, guys and gals?

—Cats 38-10

—Absolutely fascinated by the pagers explosion thing and have been desperately interested in how that could work for some posters to where they don’t die or even get injured, per se, but it completely dismantles their WiFi FOREVER. Figure it out, gang.

—Christ the King tonight? Loved that one. Thought I’d be in town but life happens.

#Pope

Old age and death are just a part of life. Let’s pump the brakes on that subject. #OLD

If you haven’t watched Richard Pryor walk on stage and say he’s God looking for his son then YouTube is waiting.

31 yr. old reporter turns herself into her job for having a relationship with 76yr. old RFK, jr..
Has to be for notoriety or money since he’s in another dimension. Nice pull for the guy if true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT