ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

jumping falling down GIF

Reactions: jayroon
I mean we did easily cover and stay healthy after two roller coaster weeks. Not sure what some were looking for there. Let's get to Oxford.

It's 100% about the coaches in this game, not the outcome or the play of our guys. We played stellar ball, all said.

The last two minutes should be force fed to Hamdan and Stoops for the next week. To be able to move the ball that well and end up not even attempting a FG because of horrendous playcalling and clock mismanagement is all too familiar here. Didn't matter against Ohio but it will against Ole Miss or Auburn.

The decision to go for it on 4th and a half yard across the 50 is the right call. Running a GD read option out of the shotgun as a playcall when you have two imposing QB's that should be able to easily sneak for a 1st is just bad playcalling.

Finally, our best plays were broken plays. Brock scrambling too early (he has to learn how to climb the pocket) and Key getting lost in the zone for a big pickup. That won't work against SEC teams. If we want more variety in our offense, quick TE/WR screens or simple check downs to the RB out of the back field are much more effective. We don't call any rollout plays for Brock who I think throws better in that situation than in the pocket. Our playcalling is a little obvious in that we typically run until we have to pass and, even then, will likely end up running again because Brock got happy feet in the pocket.

I think getting Trayanum back will be big for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT