ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

What is Donato's connection to UK because it seems like the spend a lot of money on the basketball team. I don't think they're based out of Kentucky are they? Is the local franchisee a big donor?

GWrCXfJXEAAYm8e

- I had to drive to Paducah yesterday. This Commonwealth is a beautiful state, and I love the varied landscapes you see as you pass through different regions, so road trips for work are always a little like a field trip for me. There's the rolling beauty of the Bluegrass, the wildness of the Daniel Boone, the views in Cumberland, the Riverfront, the Bourbon Trail, etc. etc. Pretty much wherever you go, you've got something pretty to look at while you drive.

...except the endless miles of NOTHING on the Western Kentucky Parkway. There is just nathan to see on the road between the turnoff from 65 until you get to Lake Barkley. I know plenty of fine people from that part of the state (including my grandpa's family) but goddamn. Unless someone can teleport me out to McCracken County, since it seems alright, I'd rather drive to Pikeville and back six times. I wanted to dive off the highway and put myself at the mercy of the inmates at Eddyville to avoid more driving.

- On a related note, the first "forbidden" consumable I want after I deliver this baby is a Monster. Or a Celsius. Or a Rockstar. Or a C4. I would have committed a felony for one yesterday.
Having lived here all my life, I tend to take it for granted. However, my wife's brother moved out to LA in the 80s, raised his kids there.

They fly in 2-3 times per year and always marvel about how green and beautiful it is.

#Blessed

Having lived here all my life, I tend to take it for granted. However, my wife's brother moved out to LA in the 80s, raised his kids there.

They fly in 2-3 times per year and always marvel about how green and beautiful it is.

#Blessed
It’s alright. I like that it’s kind of a secret that we’re fortunate enough to live in God’s country.

#Blessed

When I fly back to KY in May/June, I marvel at how green it is. When I fly back every year around Christmas, I marvel at how dreary and grey it is.

Just found out a good friend committed suicide.
Great guy, always giving too much of himself and everything else to women and then gets crushed because they take advantage of him.

Has been happening for years and he actually has everything a woman could ask for. We’ve tried talking to him but he’s just so nice and upbeat he just gets over it then does it again.
Finally found a lady that was approved of by everyone that had watched him go through so much! We were all so happy he found someone and he was so proud.

He found out yesterday she had been lying to him and had been seeing someone else for the last few months. Told several of us today that it happened again but he was going to be ok. Said he would just chill out and keep looking. Tried to get him to just come chill with us but he said he was fine and just wanted to be alone.

Found out an hour later that I’ll be burying a good friend and a great person. Just no words to describe how much he gave to have always been devastated in the end. Life truly is unfair!

Never take advantage of someone’s love and kindness. You don’t know how hard it was for them to get the courage to give it to you.

God Bless, Brother!🙏

Can anyone who has seen Jasper play live give a scouting report? The highlights I've seen are just a bunch of herky-jerky drives in AAU games that don't tell me anything. You can see he's going to fill out though. It wouldn't surprise me to see him put on 10-15 pounds of muscle by the time he dons blue and play more as a forward here -- although Pope is supposed to adore big guards. (I don't because of Cal.)

He's got his daddy's frame. At some point his freshman year, he's going to murk some poor unsuspecting guard and it will be delightful.

* For pete's sake, we can't lose to a quarterback with glasses.

* People forget this but Fleece Johnson and Chris Hansen were briefly an item in 2010.

* A kid in the neighborhood had one of those hoverboards and used it to take the trash around and hassle his sister last night. It cracked me up. Those things look like a blast. I can't even imagine the jousting, dodgeball, and nerf wars we would have with those damn things.

Does anyone here have a onewheel or an e-bike? I'm kind of intrigued, especially the onewheel.

Can anyone who has seen Jasper play live give a scouting report? The highlights I've seen are just a bunch of herky-jerky drives in AAU games that don't tell me anything. You can see he's going to fill out though. It wouldn't surprise me to see him put on 10-15 pounds of muscle by the time he dons blue and play more as a forward here -- although Pope is supposed to adore big guards. (I don't because of Cal.)
He has a little SGA to his game. Can get hot from outside, great with the ball in his hands, smooth style on drives rather than a power slasher, loads of athleticism that makes it look like he's not going 100% at times because he's so smooth.

Skill set could be very fun to watch in CMP's system.

-I see the EBikes on the trail all the time. I don't get it. Sure if it's your primary source of commuting but for exercise? Either peddle or just stay on the couch toots.

-I give it hell but we really only have shit weather for about 3-4 weeks per year. Get all 4 seasons. Fall here is about as good as it gets. Winters are typically mild. Summer rarely gets above the low 90s. On top of that it's safe and beautiful, plus close to a ton of big cities if we desire.

-72 and blue bird skies for kickoff Saturday. Mercy.

-The UGA dog being held back barking trend is terrible. Mainly because it's always a floppy haired asshole that weighs about 135lbs and WCC would look down at him.

-I just don't want any 5* recruit drama for a few years.

-Bike to Beat Cacner tomorrow, shameless plug for donations. https://p2p.onecause.com/biketobeatcancer/anthony-schembari

-Is there anyone that loves their profession more than Bill Meck?

-My Chicago deep dish “not being pizza” take was honestly just me feeling ornery and like throwing a zinger. I’ve actually fought on the other side of that one for years. But yeah, tavern is the better play anyway.

-That said, give me a beef all err over either.

-Mahomes is such a bitch. It’s not even the superstar/winning fatigue thing. He’s just a genuine bitch. Wish Roquan had thrown him down a few more times last night (miss that guy on the Bears, btw).

-Been on a nighttime Miami Vice kick lately, rewatching on Prime (also still have the full series in a white gator skin box on DVD; remember those? lulz). Something about watching old shows I’ve seen several times and already know the dialogue to just knocks me out, even better than ‘tonin.

-Cheers is another good one for winding down at night.

-My sister went to USCjr. and sat in the student section wearing blue every time the Cats were in Columbia. Always been proud of her for that, she caught all kinds of shit.

-Been loving some America lately. They normally mostly show up on the yacht rock playlist (which is relegated to the warmer months), but their stuff really vibes with early fall, too. Little River is another one along those same lines.

-Larger percentage of UK basketball fans this season: Those that want Mark Pope to win? Or those that want John Calipari to lose? (Yes, I know the obvious answer, calm down if you think I’m serious.)

-Go Cats. Let’s have a weekend, hope to see some of you fools around the corner at the Extrav.

- Been a few years since I’ve done BTBC and that’s bullsh*t on my part. Great cause, super well organized and Bryant does a ton of heavy lifting to make it happen. Cancer sucks and has been a bitch to many of us and our loved ones, highly encourage wildcat friends to donate if they can.

- Big debate on the super secret about Gameday attire, given the unusually cool morning temps. Shorts, UK pullover, polo is the play. Maybe rock a tee if you’re 100% sure potential clients won’t be swarming around CWS.

- Hate when I have to clear cache & cookies for some IT resolution, then spend the rest of the day trying to remember reset a half dozen passwords.

- Like to see the O-line come out and play a flawless game. A little shaky at first last weekend, need to clean that up. Cliche, but we win the trenches and control the ball, I don’t see them having the firepower to keep pace. Shane gets run through worse than the hawk tuah girl at a fraternity toga party.

- Fraiser.

- I’ll grow tired of the shield in a few weeks, but the first couple weekends of amateur (lol) and pro pigskin back on my television is a welcome sight after the long sports draught of summer.

- Friday 5 - Drummers and their signature song:

* John Bonham - ‘Achilles Last Stand’
* Nicko McBrain - ‘Powerslave’
* Lars Ulrich - ‘Damage, inc’
* Neil Peart - ‘YYZ’
* Danny Carey - Pneuma’

Last edited:
Did someone say Cason Wallace? He’s part of my favorite media interview of all time:

Key Highlights starting at the 2:50 mark for me:

- when asked what him and Chris Livingston hope to accomplish : “Get out of there as soon as possible”

- when asked about his role and what Cal spoke about basketball strategy wise his complete confusion, as if Cal didn’t even mention basketball strategy, and him saying “to be myself”

- when talking about the previous year when losing to St Peters in the first round “Ya they had a pretty good season the year before” - as if he didn’t really even follow or give a shit about UK bball

Friday Randoms

- been watching some Bob Ross Joy of painting in the evenings. Talk about perfect wind down TV. That dude us a straight up wizard with a paint brush.

- I'm trying to temper my excitement about our football team, but it's starting to get away from me. So many weapons on offense, and so much talent/experience on defense.

- Uncle Vince with a 3 year extension. Starting to feel like that man is going to retire here no matter what CMS does, and I'm good with that.

- The weather forecast is orgasmic

- the actual 40 Proof pitched for the first time last night, he got a strikeout and only gave up 1 run which is good for this age/league. Also had a circus catch at SS and hit a legit double. Proud dad 🙂

- NY style pizza is king, but I'm not hating on a Chicago deep dish by any means.

- did a drone survey on a farm yesterday. Pretty awesome when you can go drive around God's creation on a gator while flying an RC aircraft and then get paid for it.

F5
25 or 6to 4 - Chicago
A Long Time Ago - Waylon
Way of the Triune God - Tyler Childers
Money For Nothin - Dire Straits
Back in the High Life - Steve Winwood

-I see the EBikes on the trail all the time. I don't get it. Sure if it's your primary source of commuting but for exercise? Either peddle or just stay on the couch toots.
Guy sure hates when people need a slight bit of help with something.

My only issue with the e-bikes is when they are flying by at 30 miles an hour.

We did an ebike tour in Paris a few years ago. Those things are fun as hell and would highly recommend that tour.

However, when we got to the ebike rental place a family came in with a 12-year old. The rental company was like, "Sure, he can have an ebike that goes 35mph to cruise around some of the busiest streets in Europe. No problem." Parents thought about it for a while and then decided to pass, which was a relief to me as well because I really didn't want to see a 12-year old get hit by a bus or ride into the Siene.

Reactions: Col. Angus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT