ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I worked in Austin for a couple years. Great Taquerias and all that stuff. That said, I worked with this really pretty gal with a constant bad attitude who was an MBA intern at UT who was born and raised in Mexico City. Any place I named as a Mexican restaurant in Austin she would roll her eyes and say, "but that's not real Mexican food". I said, "oh yeah, what is real Mexican food then" and she never really could say. So I'm calling BS on people who say tacos, nachos, burritos, chimichangas, Mexican Pizza and Gordita Crunches aren't authentic Mexican food.

Louisville used to have SantaFe Grill next to Churchill… complete dump where cops, businessmen, stable hands, UofL students would pack the place for lunch. Grease would ooze out of the ansul exhaust system.

Legit.

If you’re ever in Crestwood hit up the Taqueria Crestwood, nobody can argue they don’t serve “real” Mexican food. They’ll throw a slab of tongue, gut, whatever you ask for on a plate. I’ve stopped going to any other Mexican joints since I discovered this little jewel.

Need some info from the reals:

- super secret Mexican grocery store lunch counter
and
- taco truck

Cuban guy who used to park his truck at Watterson Trail/Bardstown was a grade A asshole, but had amazing food.

If you’re ever in Crestwood hit up the Taqueria Crestwood, nobody can argue they don’t serve “real” Mexican food. They’ll throw a slab of tongue, gut, whatever you ask for on a plate. I’ve stopped going to any other Mexican joints since I discovered this little jewel.
Been there. Ended up with a fish that still had eyes and corn that hadn’t been shucked

I’ve since changed my order but still go. Great little hole in the wall shit hole place.

Real Mexican food is when they don’t bring you complimentary chips and salsa. Then, when you ask for the damn chips and salsa, they walk to the tienda next store, and throw a bag of pork rinds on your table while making fun of you.

We’re getting 2 Wing Stops in the very near future out of nowhere. It’ll be interesting to see if it’s still as good when I can get it anytime I want.

He's thinking of Tonio's Super Burrito, which was unreal. Corner of Vine/Limestone downtown...Used to crush in college.
Tonio’s was the absolute jam. Ate there with a buddy several times a week when I worked downtown one summer, still think about and miss it.

Reactions: 80 Proof
** NEW TOPIC **

Let’s talk Italian. Like real, made from scratch homemade Italian. Who’s got the best endless pasta bowl in town?

-Giuseppe's is the best in town... but it's location is problematic. Carbonate is my favorite there.

-pasta garage for fast food.

^tbh, Italian is down the list for regional/ethnic food for me.

1. French
2. Indian
3. Korean
4. Middle Eastern
5. Japanese

• Angry
Reactions: Kooky Kats
I love Indian food to this day….but the first time I ate it, traveling for work, with a lady from Nepal, I started shitting my brains out before we got the tab and for the next 24 hours straight.

I’d wager I lost 12lbs and shat out every steak hoagie I had from KLair grill some 6 years earlier.

- It's a short drive from Brannon, but I've never had a bad meal at Papi's at Harrodsburg/MOW.

- Since the ASG, watching my favorite MLB team's trajectory has been like watching a car crash in slow motion. Good grief.

- Happy to be eating crow on Jasper.

- Have yet to run into a below-average Kirkland product.

- Still knocking out a new MLB stadium every year, on average. Last three were Philly, Toronto, and Washington. Thinking Camden Yards will be up next for Dad.

- I know it's probably because of the Labor Day holiday, but still weird that ABC decided to put Clem(p)son/UGA on Saturday at noon instead of that plum Monday night spot. Such a great slate of weekend games, only to end with (checks notes)....Boston College at FSU? Seems like a misplay.
Last time in Hilton head, I took a bike ride down to Mr. Kirklands house…very nice place. Just a few doors down from him was Arthur Blanks house.

-Thoughts on this Sign Steeler doc about Connor Sallions?

-If UK has to vacate 10 wins over their “violations”, then Harbaugh and UM should lose EVERY SINGLE WIN, imo.

-It’s not about “everyone doing it”, they got caught red handed and are crying foul about the way in which they were caught?

-K. That’s Kinda like telling the cop that pulled you over that “everyone is speeding”.

Needed that Doc for week 1.

LEGGO

CATS 41-17

I prefer a good New Orleans-Charleston-Kentucky fusion.

I like Southern bistros, sourced bourbon, non-denominational jumbo-sized churches, community-oriented exercise classes, expensive coolers, discussing school districts and saying “it’s for a good cause” while getting shithoused at charity events.

That’s just me.

DiFabio's on Frankfort Ave in Louisville is an underrated Italian spot. Town in Jeffersonville has an outstanding Bolognese.

Angelo's on N 34th used to have good manicotti when I was growing up. Or, I was just hungry.

It was usually cold by the time my mom finished boozing it up with her fiends.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT