ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I always had to hit the Subway right next to the Eric C. Conn compound down in Stanville when I was heading back from court somewhere in eastern Kentucky.

While I agree with you all, the Dougan children - all of whom are well kempt, well behaved and model scholars and athletes - would consider stabbing you mother-effers for this Subway slander.

I cannot tell you the last time I ate Subway. 🤢

tumblr_o6kkj0Rnkh1udho9mo1_400.gifv

But who’s gonna tell Lane Kiffin that Dasani is at the bottommost of the bottled-water tier rankings. Equally embarrassing beverage, IMO.

Avoiding school work randoms:

- Never got an answer for the rubber ducks on the dashboards of Jeeps so I'm just going to assume it's their version of the upside down pineapple.

- Why are butter knives included in so much silverware packaging? Is there a more useless (least useful?) food utensil? Are we seriously spreading that much butter on stuff?

Prepackaged, plastic eating utensils always have a thin napkin, salt & pepper packet, fork, and a damn butter knife. Ridiculous and something finally needed to be said.

- Sturgill's new stuff is getting mixed into to my Spotify daily shuffles and a couple of songs have grown on me:
"If the Sun Never Rises Again" is a smooth one. "Mint Tea" sorta harnesses his older work. "Scooter Blues" is catchy, but I'm about tired of it. Anyway . . . final verdict: It's fine.

- Panama Jack was "The Most Interesting Man in World" before the Dos Equis ad campaign imo. That dude needs another run. Seems like Redneck Riviera lifers like myself could make that dude relevant again.

- I can't explain it but I love Blue Cheese and hate cottage cheese. I get it if you're starving or you've made a terrible mistake. But to eat it willingly? I don't f'ing think so.

- It seems there is a general malaise/apathy/ambivalence towards our football program this year. Maybe I'm reading the room wrong, but I just don't feel the same excitement for the season to start as in years past. There are a few hype men out there, but I haven't seen it as widespread. Maybe it's just me.

- Never got an answer for the rubber ducks on the dashboards of Jeeps so I'm just going to assume it's their version of the upside down pineapple.
The tradition of attaching rubber ducks to Jeeps, known as "Jeep Ducking", started in 2020 in Ontario, Canada. The tradition began when Allison Parliament, a U.S. and Canadian citizen, left a rubber duck on a Jeep she admired after being assaulted at a gas station. She wanted to spread cheer and bring a smile to the owner's face during the pandemic. The owner was surprised when he saw the duck, but was delighted after reading the note that was left with it. The owner posted the interaction on Instagram, which started the #DuckDuckJeep movement.

Jeep Ducking is a fun and meaningful tradition that celebrates the spirit of adventure and camaraderie among Jeep enthusiasts. The goal of Jeep Ducking is to spread joy, show recognition and admiration, and promote unity among Jeep owners. Some people carry rubber ducks in their vehicles to place on Jeeps they admire, or on classic models they would like to own. The ducks are often accompanied by a note or message written in permanent marker, such as "Nice Rig!", "Love the Jeep!", or "You've been Ducked!" .

There are no strict rules for Jeep Ducking, but the idea is to keep the act polite and noninvasive. Some recommended spots for ducking a Jeep include the top of the side mirrors or door handles, front bumper, front of the engine hood, and front fenders

Had a manual transmission Wrangler for 8 years and loved it. An automatic would be no fun. Sold it for a ridiculous price. Amazing how much they retain value.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Brother in law bought a gladiator as a pandemic/mid life crisis purchase. It's one of the most difficult trucks I've ever driven, has required multiple repairs (he does not take it off road regularly) and, generally, is more of a pain in the ass than what you would expect.

It's awesome for beach week with the top down and doors off though.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
I’m being a bit dramatic, but wtf did Toyota just do to the Landcruiser name? That’s not a LC. You can still buy actual LC’s outside of USA, yes?

Then they trashed bulletproof V8’s for turbo trucks, and issued massive recalls.

They’re gonna ruin the 4Runner next, and I might as well buy a Wrangler/Bronco.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Had a rental grand Cherokee for a month when I was in between cars last month. Granted it was a rental and their worst version but what a disappointment. 0-60 in about 4 mins. Dont understand the need to make a shitty version of your car so more people can buy it, just ruins the name imo. Just call it something else if you have to. My sons thought it was the coolest thing in the world however.

My FIL, however, has the fully loaded grand wagoneer, which is absurd. Has about 20 screens in it and is pure ridiculous glory.

Last edited:
A tradition where you randomly stick stuff on stranger's vehicles seems like a great way to get punched and/or shot.

I had an 8 cylinder 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That thing would absolutely fly. Best pickup on any non-sports car I've ever driven. Damn thing would tow anything, too. I got multiple dual axle trucks unstuck, etc.

Awesome vehicles.

Football season always comes with trepidation. Excited for the season, yes. Prepared for disappointment, always. Tough conference became tougher. Always need everything to go right, no room for error. All those cliches.

Speaking of football, I knew this year would be weird when I was oddly excited about the prospect of having Sumrall take over for Stoops.

The unknown of a new OC/QB and the gut punch of a schedule ahead has me concerned. I'm excited about football (I'll always be) but put me squarely in the "show me" camp heading into the season.

Reactions: jayroon
Gas Station Subway has to be near the bottom tier of any food choice, right? Might as well go scrape some roadkill off the side of the freeway.

I don't know if Jeeps suck. They seem to be high maintenance for sure, however their owners, at least around here, are a bunch of weirdos. They are part of a Jeep Wrangler club and as a rule I'm generally against being part of an adult "club" (no strippers) as they are a stone's throw away from a cult. I bet they sit around a fire and bitch about their auto repair costs.

Last edited:
Football hype is down because we've underachieved a couple years in a row. Plus Stoops has his tail tucked. I can't think of an off season that was played more closely to the vest. Silence from UK football camp.

Roster is legit though. Better than 8 teams on the schedule, and should be able to compete with a couple more. If we don't win at least 8 in the regular season, it'll be a pretty big disappointment, and it'll be on Stoops. We have to stop shitting our pants 2-3 times a year, and we need some stability and productivity from the QB position.

Jeeps, think it’s a nice ride….

Till you blow a tire in a sharp curve at 2:00 am in middle of no where. Roll it over and over. Land in middle of road with hole in head not very big and your friend ends up down in the ditch, face up, sitting in sewage and almost didn’t get found as all you saw was their face. Thank god they landed face up!

Yeah Jeeps, everyone needs one… Lol

In May I got a 2024 Bronco (pretty well loaded - the Wildtrak Sasquatch w/Lux) and love it - its first "not practical" vehicle Ive ever owned, and while its a bit bigger than Im used to driving, no complaints, I get @17mpg, have taken it off road w/top and doors off and was a blast

I tried to buy a Bronco the other day. Saw a price on line that looked too good to be true and called in.

Me: “Hey, I saw this deal on the internet. I don’t believe that’s the real price so tell me what it really is.”

Them: “No, that’s what it’s listed for. It’s real, can you come in?”

Me: “Look, just tell me how much it really is before taxes and title and dealer fees.”

Them: “Sir, I can assure you that’s the price.”

Me: “So just to be clear, I can walk in there and you’ll sell it to me for that exact price plus tax, tags and dealer fees?”

Them: “Well, uh, do you intend to finance?”

Me: “No, but tell me what I would pay under both financing and cash deals”.

Them: “Uh, well, it would be $3K more than the listed price if you finance and $5K more than the listed price if you pay cash. Plus taxes, tags and fees.”

Me: GTFO

I once walked out of a dealership over $11 on the monthly payment bc of this bullshit.

Went right down the road and gave another dealership the opportunity on the same car (both Toyotas) and he took it.

Dealership #1 called me back the next day. He was floored I moved that quick.

• Wow
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
I tried to buy a Bronco the other day. Saw a price on line that looked too good to be true and called in.

Me: “Hey, I saw this deal on the internet. I don’t believe that’s the real price so tell me what it really is.”

Them: “No, that’s what it’s listed for. It’s real, can you come in?”

Me: “Look, just tell me how much it really is before taxes and title and dealer fees.”

Them: “Sir, I can assure you that’s the price.”

Me: “So just to be clear, I can walk in there and you’ll sell it to me for that exact price plus tax, tags and dealer fees?”

Them: “Well, uh, do you intend to finance?”

Me: “No, but tell me what I would pay under both financing and cash deals”.

Them: “Uh, well, it would be $3K more than the listed price if you finance and $5K more than the listed price if you pay cash. Plus taxes, tags and fees.”

Me: GTFO
If this is true, his ass needs to be fired. Not sure I actually believe it. So the price quoted ONLINE for the public to see, goes up $3K if you finance, $5K if you pay cash ? I have never seen a dealer sell vehicles that way, especially today when the internet is a HUGE portion of sales, and I have 30 years in the business. The only way I could see something CLOSE to that is if a vehicle has a $3000 rebate or a special rate (0% / 1.9% /3.9%) and you want the special rate. In almost every situation you choose from rebates OR special rate, you can't get both.

Anyone who didn't get a GREAT DEAL on their ride is a clueless dolt. Has that ever even happened?
I think Broncos look like shit. Typical douche bag behind the wheel of one too. Have a TN fan FB “friend” that has posted no less than 50 pics(on different days) of him and his Bronco.

Hid him long ago but when UT loses I go to his page to watch him cry/whine/suffer. It’s my guilty pleasure. So I see Bronco pics all the time.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
Look, I am a very judgemental person. But other than PT Cruisers and a few other stupid looking models, I’ve never been one to dog someone over their choice of cars.

If this is true, his ass needs to be fired. Not sure I actually believe it. So the price quoted ONLINE for the public to see, goes up $3K if you finance, $5K if you pay cash ? I have never seen a dealer sell vehicles that way, especially today when the internet is a HUGE portion of sales, and I have 30 years in the business. The only way I could see something CLOSE to that is if a vehicle has a $3000 rebate or a special rate (0% / 1.9% /3.9%) and you want the special rate. In almost every situation you choose from rebates OR special rate, you can't get both.
I disagree.

• Haha
Reactions: Midway Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT