ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Maybe 2-3 years ago, the bellydancers were in town for a football game and belly dancer decided to order a crave case to the house after the game. The kids helped destroy them and they were amazed at their tastiness. Don’t think we’ve had them since. I also don’t think i ate one that night.

Light ice is always the play with styrofoam cups. A large drink at Chick Fil A with regular ice nets about 10 oz of liquid.

That picture got me wondering if plaid/madras shorts are about to make a comeback. Seems like a lot of things from the late 90’s early 2000’s are in style. Can’t be too much longer for those to start popping up.

Reactions: jayroon and rudd1
Kamala: a dumpster fire, on a plane that is on fire, that crashes into a mountain. LOL

What an epic disaster, if she gets elected.

Back to @wcc31's question:

Top 3:
  • Gold: White Castle is the top drunk chain food. It often mixes the efficiency of a fast food restaurant with the character of a place you may get stabbed. Perfect for being drunk.
  • Silver: Steak and Shake out Bardstown Rd was the perfect night cap to an evening hitting the Irish District, but didn't want to deal with the degenerates of La Bamba.
  • Bronze: Waffle House. Sometimes you just want breakfast.
Honorable mention:
  • McDonalds never was on the list because back in the day they were always closed after normal hours, but since I'm international now McD's is the spot for late night food in Europe.
Olympic Disappointment:
  • Taco Bell: You had to go through the drive through there; not a good luck when drunk.

Reactions: wcc31
Ice cold Big Red on draft.

🔥
GIF by Giffffr

My dad LOVED White Castle, but there never was one anywhere around Owensboro. He'd ask me to stop at the one in E-town and bring him home a bunch when I'd come for a visit. He'd eat 2-3 then freeze the rest for future consumption. And there would be a 12-pack of Amber Bock or Miller Lite that would also appear in his fridge uninvited but certainly welcome for the occasional indulgence.

White Castle has a solid breakfast slider. Some guy at work occasionally gets a whole box of 20 or so in a crave box, and they're always on point.

Japan for 10 days next May. They're gonna LOVE me.

Saw a Tom Petty tribute band at Manchester Music Hall this past weekend. $20 show. Outstanding show. Place should have been twice as full as it was. Might hit Mercury Ballroom this Friday night for another Petty cover band.

This is great.
GOmLeNFWUAAYmke

- Sonic never really got into the fast food rotation for me. Don’t know why- excellent options.

- I think we’ve all been to Tolly Ho a few thousand times, Kook.

- I would pay good money to visit an art exhibit on Anth’s fashion choices through the years. 😂 Not totally hating as I was in there with a lot of those awful trends too. Those plaids 😂👍❤️

Meanwhile, BBdK’s - long sleeve blue buttondown and khaki shorts every year since 2002.

* I don't get the Rogan hate. I've always enjoyed his standup. He's not on the level of the true greats but he's had some absolute bangers over the years, imo.

* Does Skyline count for drunk fast food? That's top 5 for me.

* With all of the basketball news, I haven't really paid attention at all to football. Gonna have to learn the roster. The only thing I really know is that I like the cut of Maxwell Hairston's jib.

* Find me something more adorable at current.

Reactions: wcc31
Rogan was an emcee/opener type talent at the Comedy Store. Never really a headliner until his pod took off and the bros started loving him. He doesnt get flack from other comedians for being an unfunny hack because he was the one that called out Mecia for joke stealing. That apparently got him a lifetime pass for performing horrible standup.

-He's also helped a ton of those guys out, especially when the world lost it's mind, and tried to start canceling comedians. He serves an important purpose, his stand-up just isn't good.

-Hardee's as the best drunken fast food? Have you ever been drunk... and eaten fast food. I can't remember ever eating Hardee's at 3a.

-Win gold in the 100M and you can act anyway you like. Fastest man alive.

As a 23 year old I ventured out to Tucson Arizona and during those next 4 years became unbelievably drunk many a time (fell asleep in a Jack in the Box drive thru at one time no less) and was introduced to another level of amazing drunk food: the fast food drive thru burrito. It made sliders look like homeless food and I feel sad for you losers that missed out. The truly best drunk food places:

1)LosBestos Burritos - the potato egg and cheese was my favorite, I believe the beef was dog food

2)Viva Burrito - better quality but not as good drunk

3)Del Taco

4)Jack in the Box - their menu was larger than Cheesecake Factory

5)Whataburger

Late night, growing up in the northeast, 24 hour diners were the thing. Also, good place for one last shot of late night glory with the ladies.
Today, White Castle is the call.

$20 for a cover band. Not for me. However, It seems like that is thing now. These guys are making a seriously living as Fleetwood Mac, Led Zep, Petty, etc.

NewsRadio. Jimmy James was the king. The Shaft episode is one of the best as is his negotiation to marry that business exec.

High of 80 in the Nati this weekend. Act accordingly.

Reactions: jayroon
White Castle :
2 double cheese burgers, no onion extry pickles.
2 chicken ring with cheese
2 fish and cheese
White Castle fries DO NOT come in one size (Beastie Boys reference), crinkled cut for the win.

Back in the day :
Ferrells Snappy Service at 3AM : (greatest of all time and it is not even close)
2 cheeseburgers, fries, and a large chili.

Taco bell is a staple.
4 hard shell tacos, no lettuce, lots of Fire and Mild sauce mixed.
Beef and bean burrito, hold the onion.

Taco Hell was my go-to back in the day for drunken food consumption. Specially the one in the Super America on Euclid. That place was disgusting, but a couple of chili-cheese burritos and some fire sauce made a great night cap on many occasions.

White Castle is #2 on my drunken fast food list.

The reason that Rogan gets a pass is because he’s the modern Godfather of comedy. He’s got the #1 podcast of all time and it’s an incredibly strong platform to showcase his comedian friends. He’s helped launch the careers of countless other comedians.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT