ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- I had no idea Joe Mazulla was on the WVU team that beat John Wall, man F Boston!

I do like Jrue Holiday though, but I hope they get back to losing next season.

- I can understand a normal person just not liking EDLC, but there is a really long list of players that statistically could be picked apart and they still contributed in so many other ways that their weaknesses were overlooked.

The real issue with this Reds team is the inability to produce if/when Elly isn’t on the bases.

- Sadly I think the Pirates have passed both the Cubs and Reds as far as talent and a future outlook.

- It’s hindsight, but the idea that Pooser is our go to pitcher seemingly, I sure wonder how it plays out if we throw Mason Moore vs NC State and have Poos vs A&M.

- If you can handle a tequila cocktail or a rum and coke how is an old fashioned so awful in this heat?

- Nervous for my little guy tonight as we’re down to the F4 in a baseball playoff. I see how some parents get too into this type of thing, but we had parents legit trying to challenge 14-17 YO umps like it’s a pro game and we have the ability to review.

I am happy that the travel ball coach wants him to try out though and has promised he stays close and has only attended tournaments at Moore, Southern, Mount Washington and Bardstown.

I can handle that.

Too easy...

For the baseball ignorant....

His 170 game stats are skewed something awful....he hit .307 in June of last year, and then went .238 / .198 / .202 (he took a nose dive and it hasn't stopped since)

This year.... .218 since May 1st (41 games and 160 AB's) Sure, let's go back a full year to include stats that don't matter "NOW".

58 K's in those 160 AB's....36% K rate

4 HR and 12 RBI in those 41 games.

In other words, he continues to regress, and his initial wow factor is now nothing more than a meaningless SB.

I won't even mention his errors.

Essentially, he sucks now worse than ever. That isn't debatable.

Carry on, though. You look like fools trying to support this novelty act. Where is Kurt Stillwell when you need him.

Now do Julio Rodriguez, Corbin Carroll, Michael Harris II and most every other "star" under 25 player not named Gunnar Henderson or Bobby Witt Jr. this year (and he's still younger than all of them mind you). But, hey, let's not kick guys like Tom Kim while they are down, right?

The kid takes chances and it leads to a lot of strikeouts and errors. You take the good with the bad because the Reds improved by 20 games last year and were in playoff contention until the last day of September largely because of his play.

I don't know how to say this without accusing you of something so I'll just say this, you are one weird Cincinnati Reds/UK Football fan or a liar. I think I know which it is though.

If it’s true ignorance you seek. Just follow catfatbg. He’s the epitome of everything you hope your son never grows up to be.
For someone who doesn't know someone, you sure make a lot of assumptions about how my life is. Married 30 years, 3 great sons who are all doing well in life, I have had a really good financial career, live life happy. Can't really say I wouldn't want someone to grow up like me. Now YOU, I could have a problem with. Following a stranger around on a message board, constantly having said stranger in your head, all while making false narratives about someone you know nothing about their life is pretty damn questionable (upu being grown ass adult and all). Yes you have a remarkable career, big props, but the little kiddy message board antics about someone you do not know is a little concerning. Especially coming from someone who who has a receding hairline, ****ed up grill, and a double chin. Might want to hold back on talking shit about somebodies appearance you big google eyed fake ass wannabe.

Pretzel, I have 10 kid's (not counting the unknown twins) and she knows about them all. It’s not like I’m hiding anything from her. If the unknown twins are mine she'll just make fun of me for having 4 sets of twins.

Cricket, she looks different and I had just got up and wasn’t all the way there. She’s also had 5 kids and gained weight so that threw me off.

My great grandparents had 13 kids so i'm just keeping up the family tradition.

Pretzel, I have 10 kid's (not counting the unknown twins) and she knows about them all. It’s not like I’m hiding anything from her. If the unknown twins are mine she'll just make fun of me for having 4 sets of twins.

Cricket, she looks different and I had just got up and wasn’t all the way there. She’s also had 5 kids and gained weight so that threw me off.

My great grandparents had 13 kids so i'm just keeping up the family tradition.

Way to go, youngblood. Way to go.

FTR. This is NOT Krazykat?

• Haha
Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
So I will give some more details later this week after I recover, but my kid is playing for a Big-time Youth Soccer national championship tomorrow morning. After beating Barcelona’s NYC academy 5-2 yesterday to win their group, they eked out a 3-2 win in the semis today against a team from south Florida. Up next in the title game is a huge club from Boston. This league covers the entire eastern half of the U.S. and is just a step below the MLS Next tier, so it’s a pretty big deal considering our club draws from probably the smallest population area in the entire deal.

This has come out of nowhere and may never happen again, but it has been something to experience. My kid has absolutely played his ass off and has turned into a real leader over the past year - I generally hate life, but it has been a joy to witness. And my wife has only had to tell me once to quit acting like a jackass on the sidelines!

So I will give some more details later this week after I recover, but my kid is playing for a Big-time Youth Soccer national championship tomorrow morning. After beating Barcelona’s NYC academy 5-2 yesterday to win their group, they eked out a 3-2 win in the semis today against a team from south Florida. Up next in the title game is a huge club from Boston. This league covers the entire eastern half of the U.S. and is just a step below the MLS Next tier, so it’s a pretty big deal considering our club draws from probably the smallest population area in the entire deal.

This has come out of nowhere and may never happen again, but it has been something to experience. My kid has absolutely played his ass off and has turned into a real leader over the past year - I generally hate life, but it has been a joy to witness. And my wife has only had to tell me once to quit acting like a jackass on the sidelines!
Only chastised by your wife once? Turn it up Pops.

Seriously, congratulations. Watching your kids figure out who they are as they grow up is a joy.

Almost all of those golden-era guys are gone. Yaz, Koufax, Marichal, Aparicio still around, but damn, that's about it.😥😥
He was pretty much the last of the true Legends. Look at his trophy case:

24(TWENTY FOUR) time All Star!!
2x MVP
12x Gold Glove
4x HR Leader
Rookie of the Year
1 Ring
.302 BA
660 HRs
3293 htis
156.2 WAR
.841 OPS
Arguably the best defensive centerfielder of all time

Unreal.

2x MVP
12x Gold Glove
4x HR Leader
Rookie of the Year
1 Ring
.302 BA
660 HRs
3293 htis
156.2 WAR
.841 OPS
Arguably the best defensive centerfielder of all time

Unreal.

I put him, Mike Trout, Ted Williams and Hank Aaron on the “probably a crime you weren’t on a better team” Mt Rushmore. Two World Series titles across those four guys.

Well, no freedom of movement for all but Trout. Stacked teams stayed stacked.
16 teams total. No divisional playoffs with mainly 8 teams per league.
Yankees/Dodgers, rinse repeat.

Truly an elite GYEROMAN BIG TIME youth sports performance.

The Angels have truly mismanaged their front office worse than any other team in the sport during Trout's tenure. Last year, as a floundering team with little shot at making the postseason, they not only decided against trading Ohtani for an enormous haul, but they literally doubled down and instead traded FOR a bunch of overpriced chumps at the deadline. They signed Trout to a lifetime contract and now are bound to him for the remaining, injury filled years of his career. And they inexplicably gave one of the biggest contracts in the history of the sport to Anthony Rendon, who basically hates playing baseball.

Every single time they've had a chance to make a franchise altering decision, they've chosen wrong. It's truly a shame.

Bat cats not looking so sharp. I blame Eduardo Perez's voice. Worse than Rob Bromley or Beth Mowins. Can't understand half of the syllables that come out of his mouth. Why couldn't we get Ben McDonald? I love his analysis. Meanwhile, Perez is out here talking about Florida's shoe sizes. I think.

Unreal.
Big Willie Guy here, but the All Star stat is enhanced. There were two All-Star Games played each season from 1959 through 1962.

20 ASGs is still effing good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT