ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Let's say we have some cheapass, China-made decorative contraption, like a fake wicker basket sitting next to the spare bathroom toilet. Then the gal comes hope from a Target shopping trip with an even more totes adorbs/cuter China-made decorative fake wicker basket in a different color.

What does she do with the old one? Well, she stores it in the attic, of course. Never know when that may come in handy years down the road, and we'd hate the waste $9.99 $3.99 on clearance.

What in the hell is wrong with you ridiculous women? Throw the GD thing away.
My wife still has her wedding dress from her previous marriage 25 years ago.
Throw the friggin thing away FFS.

The more I read, the more video I watch, the more I listen to Pope, the more pumped I am getting about Kerr Krissa. We haven’t had a MFer like him since Liggins. He’s going to feed off BBN and vice versa.

-Of course UT gets f*cking Evansville. Oh well, we coming.

-Out at the ballpark until 10p last night with the whole hood watching an extra innings thriller. Little humidity in the air. Kids playing wall ball, parents enjoying refreshments.

-Started last week. Anything that I don't need is just getting trashed. Not even thinking about it. If I see it when cruising by, trash.

First pitch on Sunday night at 9pm 🤮

Maybe we can pull some weather delay bullshit like LSU did last year on us. Monday at noon sounds much better.

• Sad
Reactions: B.Money
Tennessee-Evansville Game 3 is scheduled at 6p Sunday. Assuming it’s a sweep, I think there’s a chance (maybe just my hope) we get moved forward.

Random time:

- In the full swing of June summer ball. When I retire, I'll miss this part of coaching the least. Little kids camp, riding the cheese wagon when it's 85-90 and humid, hot gyms, etc. Over it.

- A little note on graduations - dignity and decorum are long gone. It's anything goes at this point. Our high school's graduation was in Diddle Arena a week and a half ago. You could barely hear the kids names announced over the arena audio due to the noise. It's beyond hootin' and hollerin' now. We've got airhorns, confetti poppers, chanting, and I think I even heard one cowbell. It's unreal. Out of 317 graduating seniors, there may have been 20 kids where there was dignified grace and silent reverence.

- Kids' hygiene today is also awful. I had a senior class - 18 year old young adults - and there were 4-5 kids in there that stunk to high heaven. I had conversations with them, youth services, their 1st block PE teacher, the works. It never improved.

And it's kids that *know* better but they still fancy wearing the same hoodie 4 out of 5 days. Finally they started going out into the hall and wiping themselves down with Dude wipes. They don't care.

- You know it's time to retire when . . .

- Y'all ever notice how all jockeys sound alike? I don't mean like their accents. I'm talking about their pitch. It's like they all just took a hit of helium out of a birthday balloon or something.

- Melo, you give HORRIBLE advice. 🤢

- Extremely controversial take: Original Dot's Pretzel seasoning over Grippo's BBQ seasoning by a nose at the wire. I said it. I don't regret it.

- I refuse to believe that Modelo is now the number 1 beer sold in America. Refuse to believe it.

- It's time to have a conversation about Extra Toasty Cheddar Jack Cheez-Itz. I don't care about your diet and fitness goals. Eat some. They're really good.

- Tommy was right about Southern Maine in his post a month or so ago. Very underrated part of the country. Visited last October and I still think about it. The natural scenery. The "space." The access to civilization with the ability to get lost in nature just steps away. If you want solitude, you got it. If you want some social interaction, they have that too.

***** It's also very easy to be progressive/woke/on the right side of history/morally elite/etc. up there because that place is full of upper-mid to wealthy white people. And hikers.

- No flex . . . zone. No flex . . . zone. They KNOOOOOWWWWW better! They KNOWWWWWWWW better! 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

A little note on graduations - dignity and decorum are long gone. It's anything goes at this point. Our high school's graduation was in Diddle Arena a week and a half ago. You could barely hear the kids names announced over the arena audio due to the noise. It's beyond hootin' and hollerin' now. We've got airhorns, confetti poppers, chanting, and I think I even heard one cowbell. It's unreal. Out of 317 graduating seniors, there may have been 20 kids where there was dignified grace and silent reverence.
Most of the people who embarrass themselves like that literally "peaked" when they graduated high school and have no other noteworthy accomplishments in life.

There was a fight at a graduation in Memphis. No shocker.

The big high schools held graduation in Freedom Hall. An utter display of trash behavior. Moms with inappropriate, National Geographic, East-West pointing cleavage. Weed stink everywhere. Awful tattoos. It was non stop talking from the processional, talking during the pledge and national anthem, talking during speeches and then literal screaming during the names. Not screaming “way to go Andre” just Screaming.

Trash.

They should just scroll names on a Jumbotron and play music and let everyone act like a freak.

Society is doomed.

Baton Rouge Graduation TikTok is part of my algorithm every year. Those graduations have to last like 5 hours though.

A little note on graduations - dignity and decorum are long gone. It's anything goes at this point. Our high school's graduation was in Diddle Arena a week and a half ago. You could barely hear the kids names announced over the arena audio due to the noise. It's beyond hootin' and hollerin' now. We've got airhorns, confetti poppers, chanting, and I think I even heard one cowbell. It's unreal. Out of 317 graduating seniors, there may have been 20 kids where there was dignified grace and silent reverence.

- Kids' hygiene today is also awful. I had a senior class - 18 year old young adults - and there were 4-5 kids in there that stunk to high heaven. I had conversations with them, youth services, their 1st block PE teacher, the works. It never improved.
Do parents parent anymore?

An utter display of trash behavior. Moms with inappropriate, National Geographic, East-West pointing cleavage. Weed stink everywhere. Awful tattoos. It was non stop talking from the processional, talking during the pledge and national anthem, talking during speeches and then literal screaming during the names. Not screaming “way to go Andre” just Screaming.

Trash.

They should just scroll names on a Jumbotron and play music and let everyone act like a freak.

Society is doomed.
Are you all ready to admit I was wayyyyyy out in front of this?

- I refuse to believe that Modelo is now the number 1 beer sold in America. Refuse to believe it.
Going by what I see walking out of every C-Store here in NC between 4-6PM I would say thats correct.

Like a Modelo myself every once in awhile and I'm your plain white middle aged straight male. But the screw top Miller Lite just hits diff for this guy.

Reactions: wcc31
Lil jaunt to 30A last week. I loathe most of it, but it's a short drive and Blue Mountain Beach is away from the hustle and bustle just enough to enjoy. Great pool at our AirBnB. Beaches were pristine and pastel. Dolphins within a stone's throw. Seaside is a nightmare. But you can get Sysco food from an airstream!!

7 y/o is straight up raking on the diamond. Foul fly ball to deep left last night had opposing coaches like WTF? Then followed it up with a line drive over 3B's head. Then followed that up with a line drive over LF's head. Some of the best 8 year olds do this in our league, but it's mashing for a non-travel-ball 7 year old. Caught a line drive at 3rd and doubled up the kid on 1st with a perfect laser last game. Thing is, he doesn't care a bit or even seem to like it. All basketball. Baseball for him is just killing time and it's killing me /ClintBlack.

Redlegs have the best NL record in the last 10 and are still in last place. Sheesh.

Rarest of the rare Ampeg fliptop bass amp project is complete. I don't really know why I did this, but it looks and sounds incredible. Feel a bit like a poser because this thing should be owned by someone at Stax or in Muscle Shoals or something. Just gotta make use of it. Couple of music projects in the works (evergreen), but dadlife gets in the way of that kind of stuff.

A few "out there" rainy day album recs for those who like to dig a little deeper (not that there's anything wrong with Tyler Childers or Nicki Minaj):

Ambient: Hiroshi Yoshimura - Wetland (youtube only)
Classical: Erik Satie - Gymnopedies & Gnossiennes
Retro Pop: Cindy Lee - Diamond Jubilee (youtube only) ...find a live show for killer guitar with incredible tone
Indie Rock: Women - Public Strain

Late, but bbdk's state of the roster post was 100.

Mizzou Fball has the cakiest schedule imaginable for the new SEC. How the hell did they manage that? Should win at least 9 with ease. I harbor a disproportionate hatred for such a middling program.

Stoops has lifted us to a new tier, obviously. Needs to get over the QB hump to make any more noise though. I'm not talking Levis-like numbers. I mean a legitimately productive passing game. Hopefully Bush makes it easier on BVG than the last two OCs did on their respective QBs.

modelo with a lime is peak beer. those mexicans know what theyre doing down there. Maybe shane gillis can bring bud light back from their homo endeavors. I was firm Bud Ice but switched to Milwaukees Best Ice to avoid catching strays from the dudes. Once the sweet below the border nectar hit my lips for the first time at the local mexican restaurant i never looked back.

Reactions: funKYcat75
modelo with a lime is peak beer. those mexicans know what theyre doing down there. Maybe shane gillis can bring bud light back from their homo endeavors. I was firm Bud Ice but switched to Milwaukees Best Ice to avoid catching strays from the dudes. Once the sweet below the border nectar hit my lips for the first time at the local mexican restaurant i never looked back.

Comparing Modelo to a light beer isn’t really a fair fight.

THEY NOT LIKE US

On a nonstop loop in my head for the past 5 days. Kinda concerning?
Allow me to gift you what I yelled to my husband so it'd be stuck in his head during a three day training:

SKEEEEEEEE YEE*

* Per Sexxxy Red, this is what you yell "when you see a cute girl or somebody with a big booty, or you're tryin' to holler at someone," which is one of my new favorite quotes on the same list with "Bitch, I might be."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT