ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

About 20 or 25years ago I went to a Tom Petty concert once, had seats at the end of the row where there was an aisle across the other center section, just happens that one of those security dudes that sit facing the crowd rather than the stage sat down almost elbow to elbow beside me. Finally about ten minutes passed when I told him that if he was going sit there all night, he was going to have to behave. Imagine the look on the 20 something when a 50 something told him that. I had never been one who kept with what band performed what song. When Tom and The Heartbreakers started the show (after I spotted the huge wooden bong on the stage). I knew every would be cool, so I elbowed the 20 something and asked him if he had a light, which he did, When the women started throwing their bras on the band (I don't think as a hunk), and on stage where making the music and the (albeit they were leaning the way of homely). I finally caught on that not only a concert of their music but a performance of their show. They did very well at keeping engaged with their music and performance. I was squinty eyed all night to show the crowd how they should be acting. I thought it was a very successful night. But neither Tom nor The Heartbreakers would offer me a hit from that big wooden bong. They'll be on their own next time. All it would have taken is for them to offer me a hit off that wooden bong.... Fuggem!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT