ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

About 20 or 25years ago I went to a Tom Petty concert once, had seats at the end of the row where there was an aisle across the other center section, just happens that one of those security dudes that sit facing the crowd rather than the stage sat down almost elbow to elbow beside me. Finally about ten minutes passed when I told him that if he was going sit there all night, he was going to have to behave. Imagine the look on the 20 something when a 50 something told him that. I had never been one who kept with what band performed what song. When Tom and The Heartbreakers started the show (after I spotted the huge wooden bong on the stage). I knew every would be cool, so I elbowed the 20 something and asked him if he had a light, which he did, When the women started throwing their bras on the band (I don't think as a hunk), and on stage where making the music and the (albeit they were leaning the way of homely). I finally caught on that not only a concert of their music but a performance of their show. They did very well at keeping engaged with their music and performance. I was squinty eyed all night to show the crowd how they should be acting. I thought it was a very successful night. But neither Tom nor The Heartbreakers would offer me a hit from that big wooden bong. They'll be on their own next time. All it would have taken is for them to offer me a hit off that wooden bong.... Fuggem!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HymanKaplan
Won't even go into the time I went to a David Allen Coe concert in a tobacco warehouse in the middle of the winter. I had no control over the patrons at all. Just picture the patrons who would go to a David Allen Coe concert in Bowling Green in the middle of the winter, just use your imagination fully and you will imagine part of it. When David took a break, there was a man took the mic and said that he was pushing to get marijuana legalized in KY, I thought he was a comedian until he started passing a donation bucket thru the crowd. There was a pamphlet with with his flyer with his name and address...Gatewood Gilbreth, At such and such number on Cheapside Drive. I had never heard of Gatewood and the Cheapside Drive made me skeptical. A few years later here in Owensboro they had a primary where all of the statewide candidates got to speak and Gatewood was there. Don't remember the R who was running governor (the one who was giving jobs to friends and family for way over what they had paid) and I was heckling him until the guys in nice clothes, with an earbud in their ear and a coiled-up wire running down their arm started coming nearer to me then I started moving closer to Gatewood. It ended with Gatewood giving an autographed copy of "Last Man Standing".

Life can be grand if you allow it to be.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Cal understood. He just got fat, lazy, & complacent.

I knew we were in trouble when that 2012 locker room decor was never refreshed 5 years after the deed. Rested laurels and whatnot.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
* Still waiting for the announcement from UKO....

"I'm not gonna bulls*** y'all, I was drunk the last 20 years. I'm checking myself into a facility today to get the help I need. I apologize to CatPaw, all the posters, and this country I love so much for this message board. I'll let y'all know how rehab is I hear it's super fun."

Would explain a LOT, actually.

* Random celebrity I inexplicably hate: Jack Black.

For those of you who enjoy any of his work -- what in TF is wrong with you?

* 10 of 11 wins for the Junior Circuit. Ugh.

* If I'm the GM here's the Reds I'd be happy to trade, in order......

1> Alexis Diaz (should have happened last year)
2> Frankie Montas
3> Jeimer Candelario
4> Lucas Sims
5> Sam Moll

* Taylor Swift is coming to town for THREE nights around Halloween. Lass and I are trying to rent our house out and GTFO town, in exchange for a princely sum of money, of course. So I joined a few facebook groups to promote our rental. My. Freaking. Lord. These bitches are absolute maniacs.

* I'm not one for red carpet affairs and such, but my man crush Elly shows up at the All Star game in pink suit, all kinds of bling, and a black cowboy hat. Played the game in custom made pink Louis Vuitton cleats.

STOP HAVING FUN YOU PEOPLE!!!!

* I don't remember voting for poet laureate, or any form of transparent, democratic process. Are we sure this Silas House guy is qualified?

* My dog, she kicked it.

Best honk dunkers:

1. Tom Chambers
2. Thunder Dan Majerle
3. Ostensibly 50% of Blake Griffin
4. ?
5. ?
Mac McClung would like a word.

Jack Black is indeed, effing horrible. Zero comedic delivery, just pantomimes everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT