ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

No doubt. Reggie brought it tonight, too...

TMFH was so inspired by this he shared it on Twitter with a reminder to do your civic duty and give all your worldly possessions to the NIL this summer. Give these kids and this program the chance their forefathers never had before. Together we can make a difference.

Nettles, Reggie, Munson… 7yo Kooks’ room walls covered in their posters. Hard-nosed mfers.

Reggie was/is a bit of a lightning rod. He sees things his way only, but I love him.

The United Methodist Church - which I'm unfortunately a member of - sent out a news article yesterday about how declining churches can salvage the bad situation they are in. For example:

First Church Miami UMC was losing members left and right. They had an old Church building in downtown Miami where they had trouble even troubling costs. They took the bold initiative to sell their 1.1 acre of prime real estate for $55M, and use the proceeds to lease space in the new building that is getting built there.

So see that members of churches that have declining membership? Just sell your church for $50M+! Problem solved.

The United Methodist Church - which I'm unfortunately a member of - sent out a news article yesterday about how declining churches can salvage the bad situation they are in. For example:

First Church Miami UMC was losing members left and right. They had an old Church building in downtown Miami where they had trouble even troubling costs. They took the bold initiative to sell their 1.1 acre of prime real estate for $55M, and use the proceeds to lease space in the new building that is getting built there.

So see that members of churches that have declining membership? Just sell your church for $50M+! Problem solved.

Congrats on 55M of non taxable income that doesn’t have to be reported or claimed in any official capacity! Christ I need to start my own church

This guy started his own church.

al-bundy.jpg

Umm but they have hip pastors, coffee and live rock music.
Lol... in the article they brag about now having a coffee shop in their new leased space. And they also have a picture of a rock band, climbing wall, and gym! So simple - everybody should do this!

Wayne, you been paying attention to the UMC over the last couple years?
I did a deep dive on it over the last few weeks. It's like a graduate class in mismanagement and poor leadership. Long story short, the UMC's leadership doesn't align politically with the majority of its congregation. So they've pissed a lot of people off and churches are disaffiliating from the UMC. But instead of saying, "hey, maybe we should tone it down to shore up membership", leadership is going even harder to the left causing even more people and churches to leave. But no one is being held accountable.

The Gemstone kids or Baby Billy would run the UMC better than the current group of leaders, fo sho!

Conspiracy Wayne believes that there are people in leadership who are looking at the UMC's $20B in church assets (i.e., individual churches on valuable land) and want the churches to fail so they can sell them like in Miami and take a cut of the proceeds.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
According to the Federal Aviation Administration website, no one on that flight was qualified to fly the plane. Joe Lara, 58, had a pilot's license but had not updated his medical certification since 2017. The medical certification is required every two years.

Brandon Hannah, another church leader with a pilot license, was on the flight, but he didn't have a certification for the Cessna 500 series, according to the FAA database.

-Speaking Savanah Bananas, my ticket guy said it's one of the toughest tickets he's seen for non-major events. Lol. What a great story.

-Hawk Tuah 😭 I love the internet.

-Righteous Gemstones is outstanding. One of those shows you wish you could delete your memory and start over. Succession, Trailer Park Boys, RG, Sopranos, Silicon Valley, etc.

-Nice lil ride was a sweaty f*cking mess last night. Crispy out there.

-Planning an event in DC? Staying near WH. Looking for the DC classic eats(not new age stuff), old school bars, and top 2-3 sight seeing tours. Recs appreciated.

-The one time we went to a mega church, we never made it past the coffee shop. Sat in there and watched the service on TV. To each their own but it was WEIRD.

-What a life for an 8yo boy. Camp all day, baseball practice, straight to the pool, then up watching TV late. Rinse, repeat. Lucky bastard.

-3yo is an absolute terror during ball games. Sunday he looked like a homeless person he was so dirty. Doing snow angels in the dirt. Older kids and parents looked mortified. That one is gonna be an issue.

Feral ballpark siblings is a thing. My 3yo Marcus welby a live farm animal at his brothers games. Constantly getting into the food, making distracting noises, wallowing in dirt, and wandering off into extremely dangerous situations.

Oh this ballpark has an unmonitored retention pond? I should try and dive into it!

Hey, someone left a half-eaten bag of popcorn. Better try and shove the entire contents down my throat as fast as I can!

A retaining wall with a 12’ drop to a concrete slab below? I bet I can balance beam across the whole thing!

Why not stop being weird and raise your prices 4%? That's like $2 on a steak.

Recovery Surcharge
Jack Rose has been operating with immense cost of
business increases. Post-pandemic deficits, labor/
employee benefit increases & supply chain shortages
have unfortunately resulted in the need to include a 4%
recovery surcharge on allchecks. It is our hope that this is
a temporary policy. Thank you for your patronage!

If it's for your work crew Hill Country BBQ. I'm by no means a DC expert and it could very well be a tourist trap but it was good BBQ when I went.

Why not stop being weird and raise your prices 4%? That's like $2 on a steak.

Recovery Surcharge
Jack Rose has been operating with immense cost of
business increases. Post-pandemic deficits, labor/
employee benefit increases & supply chain shortages
have unfortunately resulted in the need to include a 4%
recovery surcharge on allchecks. It is our hope that this is
a temporary policy. Thank you for your patronage!
Worth it on the vast bourbon selection alone.

And compared to some of the upcharges across the river in the ‘People’s Republic of Maryland’, 4% is tame.

Reactions: krazykats
What am I looking at here? What are you? Are you a well endowed 16 year old? 19? 23? Are you on summer break from college? A nanny? HS? This new pool has sent me into complete self doubt. I’ve officially hit the age where I can’t really tell ages of those younger than me very well, and I need to know how big of a pervert I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT