ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well is TV going to want to show games without many fans in attendance?

It’s like Mitch and Calipari are playing chicken with BBN!

Who is going to flinch first. ???

• Haha
Reactions: roguemocha
Do we know that this is Mitch's final year? Over the years he has said several times he would retire in a year, then just hangs on and extends long-term.

The first time he did that was all the way back when Dr. Todd was President (and after he secretly tried to apply for the Kansas job but they didn't grant him an interview).

I'd feel a lot better if I knew that Mitch would *really* be gone next year.

What happened on I-75 S today? They had the entire Interstate closed, starting at the MOW exit

It was around 11:00 when I came upon it.

What happened on I-75 S today? They had the entire Interstate closed, starting at the MOW exit

I rolled through about 9 15 am. At the Richmond Road I-75 connector, I saw one of the electronic road signs blown over as well as all of the construction barrels strewn across the road. It blew the barrels off their rubber bases and scattered the bases so it was like driving over a mine field.

I was following a guy who left about 5 minutes before me and he said he didn't see anything. I hope I saw the worst of it. Saw multiple downed power lines on the way back to Lexington around 1 pm. Took Clays Ferry exit and backroads through Nicholasville, so no clue if there was still closures at that time.

• Wow
Reactions: HymanKaplan

There were power lines down across north and south bound lanes, some people were stuck in their cars with the lines on top of their car.

They’re going to have to run the lines across again so I’d expect it to be shut down some more.

-Oh we’re coming at Sluggers in Wrigleyville now? Now I know you have no idea what you’re talking about.

How many bars next to the baseball stadium have batting cages upstairs you can bring a pitcher of beer to take cuts with?

Hmmmmm? Hmmmmm? Sluggers is the shit, have all the old school Cubbies framed in the wall. Love that place.
Well is TV going to want to show games without many fans in attendance?
Are we kidding with “will tv want to show the games…”? Of course they’ve got contracts, they’re going to show half empty MSU games as well like they already do.

The lowers will be mostly full no matter what, uppers much less but they don’t have to show that.

Cal isn't gonna change anything. Acting like this is some big surprise is hilarious. We have years of evidence. Here's a warning, he's gonna:

1. Make excuses about being young when we lose games in NNovember and December.
2. Act like a dumbass when asked about whatever injuries we have early season.
3. Start 1 or 2 players that have no business starting.
4. Play 2 bigs.
5. Take shots at the fan base.
Don't forget a Shot Chart that looks straight out of an NBA game between the Nets and Kings in the 1990s

What are your memories of the first-ever MLB game you attended? My only memory is sitting in the green seats behind the plate at Riverfront as a 7-year-old, and watching Dan Driessen hit a grand slam. Because the internet is awesome, I now know that it was a 10-1 Reds victory over the Cardinals in May of 1982....a complete game (remember those?) from Mario Soto. Worst team in franchise history.
August 1, 1979. My 9th birthday. My oldest sister and her husband and family were living up in northern Indiana where he worked in a steel mill in Gary, and a few of us were staying with her for the summer. That day, they took us to old Comiskey Park for the White Sox and Yankees (brother's favorite team with his favorite player, Thurman Munson.) Reggie Jackson hit a home run, and the Yankees won big. 8-1 I think. We left a little early, and I remember seeing a car on fire on the side of the interstate on the way back to Indiana.

Next day, we were at our brother-in-law's softball game when one of his teammates came up to us and said, "Hey did you hear about Thurman Munson dying in a plane crash?" We were stunned.

I’m not as excited about next years FR class as this one, but they have some promise and may fit Calipari’s style better than last years class.

1- Boogie Fland is a tough northeastern PG. Really impressed tonight in every way you’d want a PG to impress. Perfect mix of floor general, playmaker and scorer.

2- Quantance is a man child. Because he is a guaranteed 2year kid and already plays like a man as a rebounder and put backs he fits as a 2nd big on the court off the ball.

3- Knox didn’t play much but looked into it even from the bench. Made some plays but wasn’t spectacular at all. Really hope his drive kicks in to avoid being the next in a long line using our program to springboard to the nba.

4- McNeely I’d honestly pass on. His kind is always tough to evaluate in those type games but if it’s him or a portal transfer id rather see a transfer. He is the type that could see a 2nd year so that would be his biggest intrigue.

If Cal can get Reed back and land the Rutgers center to put around these kids then next season could be as fun as this one was.

I’m not as excited about next years FR class as this one, but they have some promise and may fit Calipari’s style better than last years class.

1- Boogie Fland is a tough northeastern PG. Really impressed tonight in every way you’d want a PG to impress. Perfect mix of floor general, playmaker and scorer.

2- Quantance is a man child. Because he is a guaranteed 2year kid and already plays like a man as a rebounder and put backs he fits as a 2nd big on the court off the ball.

3- Knox didn’t play much but looked into it even from the bench. Made some plays but wasn’t spectacular at all. Really hope his drive kicks in to avoid being the next in a long line using our program to springboard to the nba.

4- McNeely I’d honestly pass on. His kind is always tough to evaluate in those type games but if it’s him or a portal transfer id rather see a transfer. He is the type that could see a 2nd year so that would be his biggest intrigue.

If Cal can get Reed back and land the Rutgers center to put around these kids then next season could be as fun as this one was.
Don’t do this to yourself.

Forrest Gump Peace GIF

lol, nope

Last years class with two top 10 picks didn’t really fit Cal’s system imho. Next year will be much better.
Two top 10 picks who were arguably the lowest ranked recruits in the class. (I'm not including Burks or Hart because Cal just pulled those guys to fill a roster; I think Z would have been rated ahead of Reed and probably Dillingham had he been a normally rated American high school recruit.)

I have to say, krazy's attempts at optimism in the midst of staring into the caverning abyss of the Kentucky basketball program imploding in real time are admirable if unrelateable.

You’re not optimistic if you talk about freshman/Cal turning this thing around next year. You’re stupid.

Our time would be better served getting an early start. Thinking of scenarios where our rivals don’t win a title next year. NC State did us a solid. Keeping us tied with Duke for FF appearances.

This was supposed to be OUR year.
-Lost three in a row at Rupp(favored in all).
-Lost to UNC Wilmington(18.5 favorite)
-Lost in 1st game of SEC Tournament(again).
-Lost to Oakland(3rd loss to a double digit dog).
-Lost ten games with two lotto pick non-starters. (23-10).

Joel Justus made a FF before Kentucky.

Last edited:
Krazy, I think the gem was "Knox didn’t play much but looked into it even from the bench." I couldn't decide whether to sub in Sharpe or Vanderbilt for Knox, but I think I ended with "Cal didn't coach much but looked into it even from the bench."

I could have swore that it was reported that this past group was under MAJOR pressure to perform... 'or else' for Cal. Man, the pressure that THIS group will have! (copy/paste for next year).

Hope everyone made it through the storms relatively unscathed. That stuff's no joke.

Honestly I just think people don’t have to be overly negative in order to be a “fan”. If posting about players for next years team makes me or any fan to optimistic for you then that’s about you.

if your plan to prove how big of a fan you are is to spend the next year making fun of anything and everything that isn’t 100% negative because you are real fan or smart fan or whatever you convinced yourself you are then enjoy all your complaining until your reality changes.

But you are 720 something days into your ranting ways while I’m out here enjoying life and making the best of what is and not worrying about what’s out of my control.

Kind of hope to land some season tickets this year for basketball with all the negativity from people swearing off their support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT