ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC State is interesting. They have a really good 2, a really good 4, a 5 who defends and get rebounds, and that’s pretty much it. Granted, I’ve only watched them since the semis of the ACC tournament, but I don’t see how they were as bad as they were throughout the rest of the year.

Game 4, “this team is special” 😂. Oooooookkkkayyyy. I’ll give 50-1 odds they don’t win it all, $10 bet maxes. And if they don’t they don’t win it all, they’re actually not “special” at all.

Was talking to a patron the other day about the Rays game and how much more affordable it is than a Reds opening day ticket. He said how come? The Reds always touching suck!

😆 definitely gave that guy knucks and a wry smile of acknowledgment.

It’s like a few of you fools like stealing our joy. We get enough of that shit in college football/basketball.

You crumb bums can get an early Monday morning pumping.
I know groupthink is the cats pajamas in this thread but here’s a real humdinger, some of us hate the Reds, so you just have to deal with having a shit franchise for 30 years and us letting you know about it. 😊

-Also for you Reds fans up North, only 8 weeks til you open your pools up! Congrats, it’s April, only2 months til summer! 👏🏼 😉

Last edited:
Game 4, “this team is special” 😂. Oooooookkkkayyyy. I’ll give 50-1 odds they don’t win it all, $10 bet maxes. And if they don’t they don’t win it all, they’re actually not “special” at all.

Was talking to a patron the other day about the Rays game and how much more affordable it is than a Reds opening day ticket. He said how come? The Reds always touching suck!

😆 definitely gave that guy knucks and a wry smile of acknowledgment.
I got $10 on that action

Reactions: bradyjames
Guess I'll be a Rays fan now. Didn't realize their pools open up so early.
Come on in, the waters fine.

-Sorry if I mentioned this yesterday, but I’m all for the ability to gamble. The thing that does worry me now that it’s legal is that at the bar every night, especially on weekends, it’s 70% dudes hanging out talking about their bets which is great.

I just wonder how many people are going to have soul-crushing gambling addictions where they lose everything. The numbers are going to skyrocket in that department unfortunately.

-Cancerous spot removed this morning, I’m guessing the first of a semi-yearly ordeal at this point going forward.

-It’s pretty great we made fun of UNC and Duke for hiring first time coaches that have completely smoked our 30 year-tenured head coach in the post season…

Reactions: Stoneule
I know groupthink is the cats pajamas in this thread but here’s a real humdinger, some of us hate the Reds, so you just have to deal with having a shit franchise for 30 years and us letting you know about it. 😊

-Also for you Reds fans up North, only 8 weeks til you open your pools up! Congrats, it’s April, only2 months til summer! 👏🏼 😉
Dude you’re a Cubs fan. I can’t think of a douchier fanbase in baseball.

Yesterday was just a great sports day. Duke loses to a bigolboy, Tennessee loses, and the Reds win with a comeback walkoff.

I do have a hard time rooting for Edey. Haven't seen anyone get a whistle like that in a while. 3 seconds just doesn't apply apparently.

I think UK football spring reports seem positive, but man I'm just having a hard time giving a shit. Might be different if there was some BVG hype coming out, but it's crickets. QB, OL, Secondary and RB rooms are big question marks. OC too, for that matter.

Reactions: jayroon
UCOON has lead by 30 or more at some point each tournament game. And on the cusp of their sixth title in 25 years, where the only time they reached the Final Four and didn't cut the nets was in 2009 (hell of a closing percentage), it's sad to say that they're the gold standard of college basketball and it's really not close :confused:

Sure would be nice if UKAD came to their senses and hired Oats before some former blueblood like IU finds their wallet and enjoys the next decade with modern basketball while we continue to rot away in an antiquated system.

UCOON has lead by 30 or more at some point each tournament game. And on the cusp of their sixth title in 25 years, where the only time they reached the Final Four and didn't cut the nets was in 2009 (hell of a closing percentage), it's sad to say that they're the gold standard of college basketball and it's really not close :confused:

Sure would be nice if UKAD came to their senses and hired Oats before some former blueblood like IU finds their wallet and enjoys the next decade with modern basketball while we continue to rot away in an antiquated system.

UConn lost to Tarelton State 4 months ago so I guess nobody is going to win the NCAA Championship Go Cats I’m not worried at all.

-BBdKalipari

Edey is like that 13-year-old middle school kid who hit puberty first, is three heads taller than everyone else, and dominates primarily by being big. It’s annoying to watch, but inarguably effective.
Refs have no clue how to officiate him. Dude moves like an oak and has the coordination of a bookshelf and averages less than 2 fouls per game.

Glad UT was bounced but he was called for one (1) and accounted for sixteen (16). If that was us, those refs would have been murdered.

What are your memories of the first-ever MLB game you attended? My only memory is sitting in the green seats behind the plate at Riverfront as a 7-year-old, and watching Dan Driessen hit a grand slam. Because the internet is awesome, I now know that it was a 10-1 Reds victory over the Cardinals in May of 1982....a complete game (remember those?) from Mario Soto. Worst team in franchise history.

I remember John Franco coming in to close out a Reds win on my first trip to Riverfront. Guess that would have been ‘88 or ‘89.

Reactions: rudd1
Wrigleyville is awesome to 99% of people that go, I can guarantee it’s better than what’s around great American because I’ve been to both many times, try it out before giving an opinion maybe.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Of the 80-90 Yankee games…
  • Present at Chris Chambliss’ walk off homer against Royals in ‘76 to win pennant. I was 6. Got a piece of infield grass some loser left outside StansScorecard bar. Planted it in yard.
  • July 4th at Dave Righetti’s no hitter v RedSox.
  • Saw Bo Jackson hit 3 homers
  • Tom Seaver winning his 300th game.
  • Old Stadium > New Stadium… ghosts > glitz

So happy to hear there was an electric fire in our building a couple floors down. Working remotely this week. Relieved of commute.

OD’ing on coffee.

Buying a new front door. Those effers are muy expensive.

500,000sf apartment building nearly complete. Thing was built in a flood zone in little more than a year. Crazy rigorous project.

Amagnac / Cognac tasting on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT