ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would trust Ted Lasso's x's and o's acumen over Cal right now. I feel like Mitch and the UK administration are basically Chamberlain at Munich. They think they're reining this guy in (they aren't) and now things are going to get better but it's more about having no spine. How soon before they realize? Madness? First bad loss at home in November? First time he talks about how young we are?

I would trust Ted Lasso's x's and o's acumen over Cal right now. I feel like Mitch and the UK administration are basically Chamberlain at Munich. They think they're reining this guy in (they aren't) and now things are going to get better but it's more about having no spine. How soon before they realize? Madness? First bad loss at home in November? First time he talks about how young we are?
When Sheppard comes off the bench.

I feel like Mitch and the UK administration are basically Chamberlain at Munich. They think they're reining this guy in (they aren't) and now things are going to get better but it's more about having no spine. How soon before they realize?
Took 9,431 pages of this post-2015 cursed GYERO before someone compared Cal to Hitler. Surprised it took this long, actually...

Took 9,431 pages of this post-2015 cursed GYERO before someone compared Cal to Hitler. Surprised it took this long, actually...
Maybe Cal can start taking handfuls of amphetamines like Hitler at the Munich Olympics. Doubtful he’d care about his dogs or the Waltons.

Reactions: roguemocha
Maybe she is just hungry and in need of a spelling lesson. 🤷🏻‍♂️

0a3f8cba-cda7-483a-a14c-11f8af91751a_text.gif

I’m not popular here, and I’m not a donor therefore with inside info like some, but I speak my mind whether it’s right or wrong.

Welp!

Lurker, but this leads me to believe he actually will be gone since the opposite of everything you type turns out to be true
Side note, is Richard Pitino a legit candidate for UL? Would seem extremely awkward.
Hypothetically speaking let’s say Craft gave Mitch his support if they fire Cal as long as Mitch does his due diligence first for the top 3 candidates.

Who those are I’m not sure but probably Jay Wright, Scott Drew and let’s say Pearl.

They all come back not interested for whatever reason.

As fans we want him gone no matter what, but now you are going pretty far down the list and what if the donors say at that point we’re better off keeping who we got and addressing this next season.

Reactions: klambert6
They could quickly go through player meetings and gather who is coming back and not push players out.

Despite Wagner being somewhat similar to Boogie Fland and Billy Richmond being comparable to Edwards if those two wanted to come back I’d gladly have them over the FR.

Sheppard is obviously a key component to next season, but Adou Burks and Z IMO are every bit as important.

After that there is nothing he can do until games start next season and we can see lineups that are our best chance to win and not playing favorites such as Cyril over a returning Z until proven it should be. Thats just an example of roster issues I can see that will happen.

Other than that honestly nothing Cal can do should make anyone that doesn’t want him here anymore change that perspective.

IMO, him getting this extra year is 100% about the coaching pool out there that is available to us. I’d like to think Drew, Wright and Donovan said no and Oats/Beard just signed extensions 2 weeks ago.

Unlike the fan base Mitch isn’t fine just hiring anyone vs giving Cal another year knowing next season’s coaching pool is completely different.

We are a much better job than UL but look at their options as a top 10 program. It’s not pretty.
You are probably right about those turning us down already and if that’s the case, Mitch needs to go too so we can hire the best of the best. Their volatile relationship is probably causing some elite coaches to say no.

Reactions: krazykats
According to my flightaware app private Jet has just touched down from toms river NJ. I imagine our head coach has returned from......New Jersey. Half of it is showing up! GO CATS!

I just imagine barny sitting in a closet listening to metallica like John Clayton gearing up for this meeting.
Cutler said on his show today that he was seen in town yesterday but still dodged showing up in person to the show last night.

Currently sitting on a flight from FLL to SFO. Upgraded to the EvenMoreSpace seats on JetBlue, nice window seat. And I had the whole row to myself! Door closes and I’ve hit the lottery. But…

Ol girl just comes rolling up from the back of the plane and sits right next to me in the middle seat. Yapping away on her phone. Not a lick of english. And no one in the aisle seat!

Conversation is out of the question given the language barrier. Gesturing with my hands, I ask her if we can maybe share the middle space and she sit on the aisle? But I’m talking zero english. No comprendo. Nada. But she eventually said “sit here” and smiled. She’s somewhat hot (7 ish) so whatever. Kim K vibe if you are several beers deep at some broke ass beach bar.

25 years ago this wouldn’t be an issue and I probably would’ve tried to play this out with this lovely Latina. But I’m married, have work to do, movies to watch, and posts to make on GYERO. And I don’t have time for this distracting crap.

DAMN IT! 😄

Last edited:
For all of you saying Pitino should come back, I hope you realize that he:
-Took the UofL job over Michigan because he thought he was bigger than the program and that all the UK fans would rally around him there.
-Flipped fans off in Rupp
-Convinced Donovan twice not to come here-vouched at one time for Ford and Pelphrey instead
-Had no less than 3 major scandals at UofL of which he’s taken zero accountability for
-Hasn’t done shit at St John’s except embarrassingly reject a NIT bid and cried about not getting in the NCAA tourney
-Of late, when media questions anything about his past or associates, his attorney’s bully and harass them
-All the bs with he and Jurich over the years that they pulled some of which resulted in no NBA team and us not playing a regular season game there anymore (aside from playing them every other year)
-And given all of that you think Mitch would hire him when he won’t even hire coaches like Oats who have far less issues

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT