ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Pi Day

b2a7e708-416b-4560-91b6-2c6a141f0216_text.gif

- Kenny will never get a head coaching job again (nor should he), but he can probably name his location and his price as an NBA assistant for life, tasked strictly with personal development of bigs. Don't give him any game-planning responsibilities, just let him work with the 3-4 bigs on your roster and profit.

- Nolan Smith should never sniff a college staff after this. At least, not as an assistant. Some low-major will probably hire him for the name recognition, but that guy has proven to be a complete psycopath.

- One of the best developments over the past 3-4 years is the rise in bracket experts. Not because any of them are anything special, but simply because it's knocked Lunardi down a peg or two. Brian Bennett's breakdowns on The Athletic are far better.

- Time for that annual spring rite of passage....Arkansas reaching out to every single player in the portal.

- Saw Dana Altman's name floated as a potential UL candidate yesterday. That would be AWESOME.

- Something that *gets* me every time...that "God Made a Farmer" speech by Paul Harvey.
I feel the same way about Harveyā€™s ā€œGod Made a GYERO Posterā€ speech.

Happy March 14th Everyone. Make sure you tell your wives to pick up some steaks today.
steak-and-blow-job-day.jpg

šŸ¤£ at krazy running two businesses, raising a billion kids, living outside of Louisville (iirc) and buying season tickets to a pro franchise hundreds of miles away because he really likes Will Levis and YOLO.

HUGE RESPECT. I kind of wish I did stuff like that.

1- My wife is crazy for a reason man. I make it out like itā€™s not me, but in real life everyone knows. In my defense though I warned her I was not marriage material when she wanted to marry me.

2- I promise these tickets will come with a fight, and Iā€™ll cave by sending her and a kid to Nashville a few Sundays.

Which in my mind I had already worked up as a solution with no backup plan if it doesnā€™t work. Sundays to myself(kids donā€™t phase me at home anymore) sounds like the perfect punishment to me.

3- I was a fan before Levis got there, but us landing him was a pretty solid reward.

Reactions: jayroon
^
Same. The way he was stumbling easily could have fell, or a couple homeless lads were having some entertainment and tossed him.

We've all been there. Couldn't count the # of times back in the day that i've incoherently stumbled around a downtown. Easily could have turned out like this poor chap.

^
Same. The way he was stumbling easily could have fell, or a couple homeless lads were having some entertainment and tossed him.

We've all been there. Couldn't count the # of times back in the day that i've incoherently stumbled around a downtown. Easily could have turned out like this poor chap.
About 20 years ago, new guy from our company had buddy come up and visit. They get a hotel on the river, go out on the town, get hammered, and friend fell in river. Died. Newspaper investigation got our guy to admit they were doing blow and night spiraled out of control. So yeah, it happens, shady, but happens. He did not get fired BTW.

Did they ever find the dad that walked out of his house one night in Chilesburg/Lexington and vanished? Pinged his phone by I75 and the river. Last summer I believe.

Never heard what ended up happening with that.

Several years ago when we played WKU in Nashville I was seemingly intoxicated and lost in Downtown Nashville and luckily i ran into someone from work who helped me get home. This was pre-phone GPS so I was just stumbling around. This is before the influx of homeless in Nashville so I guess I got lucky.

Cal ainā€™t leaving but if he did, Iā€™d call Rick Pitino first. I said it. I have 0% hate*
for him at this point.

*The only reason itā€™s 0% is bc 2013 got stripped away.

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
Bets are heavy on IU vs Penn State tonight.

Arenā€™t they flat out awful away from Assembly?

I know they have to put someone in the tournament but I just donā€™t get Wisconsin being a 6 seed by Lunardi.

Also what is Dukeā€™s best win? Baylor pre-Christmas? They get to play dogshit ACC teams twice (and split with some of them).

If UK is a 3, then they should get the weakest two seed.

Chris Holtman to DePaul. Considering the possible chatter of him to UK 3-4 years ago Iā€™d say thatā€™s quite the fall from grace.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Chris Holtman to DePaul. Considering the possible chatter of him to UK 3-4 years ago Iā€™d say thatā€™s quite the fall from grace.
DePaul should have hired Will Wade. Speaking of Wade, he and Chris Beard should be the only two candidates that Oklahoma State considers. They hired a previously tainted coach before in Sutton, who took them to two FFs and went on to make the HoF. They should go down that path again. If they get either, that will be a monster program once again.

I get the idea that Beard will be stuck at Ole Miss at least one more year before there is any interest in him.

So far not hearing his name for UL at all is eye opening to his situation.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I get the idea that Beard will be stuck at Ole Miss at least one more year before there is any interest in him.

So far not hearing his name for UL at all is eye opening to his situation.
I heard today from KSR and others that UofL is willing to hire Beard saying that they are only going to stay away from those with NCAA issues. Whatā€™s funny is Drew has a bad NCAA history himself that everyone overlooks. Was suspended/got them on probation/tried to get folks to lie to the NCAA/Perry Jones issues/told a recruit heā€™d be deported if he didnā€™t sign with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT