ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be a downer but 4 Years ago yesterday they announced, just as the 2nd round games of the SEC tournament was about to kick off, that it was cancelled. Our lives were upended, still isn't back to normal and probably won't be for some time. 😕 I'm glad to see this time of year roll around where we can enjoy some March Madness.
Any takes on the Wisconsin FF game? 9/11? The Holocaust? The impending asteroid that will take us all out?

Prime Pitino was amazing especially come tournament time. How he got high level defense AND offense out of his teams without needing the best athletes at each position was a marvel. Players like Riddick, Svoboda, Braddy, Dent, Brassow, Ford and Prickett were all contributors. Coaches make a difference.
While your overall pt is valid, it is worth mentioning that Svoboda was not a contributor.

1 year
13 games
24 pts

Help from anyone who has lived in Knoxville or knows Knoxville campus well. My nephew got accepted into a 2 year Pharmacy residency at the UT Medical Center. He needs a safe, quiet spot close to the Medical center to live. Can someone suggest something to fit that? Thank you.

I know this -- there isn't a chance in hell I'm voting for either of these two losers from the major parties. Cornel West, Jill Stein, RFK, Kanye West, Undecided, whoever. But absolutely not giving my vote to those other 2 scumbags.

Reactions: Col. Angus
How could a spawn of JFK/RFK be so damn dumb?

I’ll never not admit to being a dumbass, but JFC that’s a rich arrogant unaware lack of intelligence that’s just disappointing.

- I get the feeling to win the SEC we play A&M, UF and UT. I just really don’t think BAMA/Oats is that good.

- If it helps the Committee to not log jam our region please just make UNC a 1 seed. I know Lunardi isn’t exact but if we’re the 3 all eligible 2’s are going to make that bracket insane with UConn as the 1 too.

Help from anyone who has lived in Knoxville or knows Knoxville campus well. My nephew got accepted into a 2 year Pharmacy residency at the UT Medical Center. He needs a safe, quiet spot close to the Medical center to live. Can someone suggest something to fit that? Thank you.
The Med Center is across the river away from Campus. Bunch of newer apartments right behind it that is full of Med students. That would be my choice.

If looking for a house I would go south of the Med center towards Alcoa, lot of neighborhoods around that area. Pat Summitt lived in that area.

No on anything North or East, West is where I lived but its a hike to the Med Ctr everyday.

Anything from Ft Sanders Med Center to Campus is going to be all undergrad/grad students.

Everything a young PTI (pti) ever needed to learn about the sex he learned from listening to this on cassette tape in the 4th grade.

I hit it and split it and lick it and quit it. After the ride put my clothes on and walk outside, and before anybody gets a chance to speak, I say "yo, don't say nothin. I guess I'm just a freak."

Hearing OutKast (and the rest of the Dungeon Family) constantly refer to Freaknik in their music always had me really feel like I was missing out.

Alas, guess I’ll never truly know since they shut it down…

Reactions: 80 Proof
The Med Center is across the river away from Campus. Bunch of newer apartments right behind it that is full of Med students. That would be my choice.

If looking for a house I would go south of the Med center towards Alcoa, lot of neighborhoods around that area. Pat Summitt lived in that area.

No on anything North or East, West is where I lived but its a hike to the Med Ctr everyday.

Anything from Ft Sanders Med Center to Campus is going to be all undergrad/grad students.
TY!

Freaknik unofficially moved to Louisville on Derby Day after Atlanta said no more.

Cruising on West Broadway just turned into a raging party where ultimately anything goes. No rules.

On Derby Day 2001 my dipshit college budddies and I left the infield in the condition you could’ve imagined and scored a cab on Taylor Blvd. We were starving so I asked cabbie to take us to Indi’s. I guess I didn’t clarify the one on S. 3rd St or maybe the traffic headed that way towards the Watterson was a cluster.

He ends up taking us to the Indi’s on West Broadway. He pulls our cracker asses into the Indi’s parking lot and the scene was flat out incredible. Straight out of a Juvenile video. Shit was going down on the hoods of vehicles I didn’t think was possible. I simply can’t describe with justice how wild it was.

We scored a 30 piece spicy with some wedges and took it all in. The cabbie was polite and returned us back to my parents’
home safe and full. What a night.

Cawood. lots of greenway trails overlooking the river around those apartments/condos as well.

The UT Body Farm is back in there too.

Beautiful day. So I decided to blow off lunch and split a little early…

Went downstairs, walked to 8th Ave and 30th and was greeted by a perfect storm of UCONN fan gangs. All dudes. All in tight fitting basket ball jerseys with no undershirt… it’s 58°. All getting hammered at the shitty dive bars surrounding the west side of the Garden.

They suck. UCONN Fan is a threat to the very existence of our friendly perch. We have blue hair grannys, and ladies, and kids, and old timer BJW…. They have half-retarded Irish drunks wilding by the thousands. Awful🤮.

I hate them. But they are the using our formula of winning modern titles with multiple coaches while destroying their conference.

Danny Hurley is a colossal douche, but I’d love him if he were ours. They are getting it done.

I fear facing UCONN more than Houston. I fear their fanbase snagging bragging rights to B2B titles. Screw them… all of them.

Saw that team kill Wake in Charlotte in the Sweet 16. That game was over at the first tv timeout.
That might have been one of the greatest UK experiences of my life.

Funny fact, there was a kid that got PT on that Wake team that was a regular character on the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

As good as we were that year, overall college basketball was flat out LOADED that year. Remember how good IU was that year? F'ing Calbert Cheaney had a better year than Mashburn.

First team AA's:
Mashburn
Cheaney
Hurley
Webber
Penny Hardaway

Second team AA's
Terry Dehere
Montross
JR Rider
Glenn Robinson
Rodney Rodgers

Third team AA's
Grant Hill
Billy McCaffrey
Allen Houston
Chris Mills
Nick Van Exel

First team AA's:
Mashburn
Cheaney
Hurley
Webber
Penny Hardaway

Second team AA's
Terry Dehere
Montross
JR Rider
Glenn Robinson
Rodney Rodgers

Third team AA's
Grant Hill
Billy McCaffrey
Allen Houston
Chris Mills
Nick Van Exel
Is there any other year of college basketball that could beat this team?

1978? 78 is not as deep as you'd think. You've got Magic, Bird, and Sydney Moncrief but Jim Spanarkel, Kelly Tripuka, or Bill Cartwright would be you're probable sixth man.

1984 certainly does. Jordan, Dream, Ewing, Sleepy Sam Perkins, Mullin, and Dinner Bell Mel Turpin win on nicknames alone but 1984 marcus welby be the beta version of the Dream Team.

This link makes looking a lot easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheShowKiller
Beautiful day. So I decided to blow off lunch and split a little early…

Went downstairs, walked to 8th Ave and 30th and was greeted by a perfect storm of UCONN fan gangs. All dudes. All in tight fitting basket ball jerseys with no undershirt… it’s 58°. All getting hammered at the shitty dive bars surrounding the west side of the Garden.

They suck. UCONN Fan is a threat to the very existence of our friendly perch. We have blue hair grannys, and ladies, and kids, and old timer BJW…. They have half-retarded Irish drunks wilding by the thousands. Awful🤮.

I hate them. But they are the using our formula of winning modern titles with multiple coaches while destroying their conference.

Danny Hurley is a colossal douche, but I’d love him if he were ours. They are getting it done.

I fear facing UCONN more than Houston. I fear their fanbase snagging bragging rights to B2B titles. Screw them… all of them.
After we beat them in The Garden in 2009 a high calorie female in a UCoon sweatshirt told me to suck her dick as we were all walking out. She got really mad when I asked if she really had a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT