ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked my MSU buddy tonight the following question. “Going into a game with Izzo, what is the pt diff you feel you are up or down simply by having him on the sideline?”

His answer was +6.
My answer (before he answered) with cal was -6.

Reactions: warrior_SW
willem dafoe platoon GIF

Fock Cal, Fock Barnhart, Fock, Fock, Fock.

Time for someone to step up and have accountability over this clusterfock of a program before next year. This focking nightmare has gone way past getting old.

FMIMGA!!

Reactions: jayroon and UKMKG
Auburn and South Carolina have made final fours more recently than us from the SEC, and the bracket is poised to add Tennessee and Alabama to that.

Lol John Calipari

Reactions: jayroon and HUBER
Is it possible that Greg Oden looks younger now than he did in college?

FDU’s coach would coach circles around Cal and likely makes less than $300k a year. Their offense is a lot of fun to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKMKG
I'm mystified at the confidence on here that a change is going to happen after next year.
Unless you all know something that I don't, (not a far-fetched idea I'll admit) what makes anyone think that:

Calipari will hang it up

or

UK has the will AND $$$ to pay him to go away

I WANT to believe but nothing has changed, and he finally won a tournament game. He isn't going anywhere.

Reactions: Catman100
First In Person Tournament Game Wrapup:

1.) I don't think the officiating was bad as much as it was inconsistent (which is probably just bad). Everything was a tie up in the first half and nothing was a foul then halftime hits and they start calling everything. Don't think either team ever really adjusted well.

2.) We should have lost by 15 plus. KSU was running stuff in the 1st half on offense that had guys wide open and they were not only 0-12 from 3 but what felt like 1-39 on bunnies. Johnson missed 3 easy layups alone. Meanwhile, we ran stuff that intentionally made scoring more difficult and it's what was drawn up.

3.) We ran a double option post (is that a thing) with Wallace and Oscar that predictably ended in a 3 second call. It's 20 - fvcking - 23 John. As Krazy said, posting up Nowell wasn't the wrong play, but you have to clear out space for Wallace to work. Couldn't even get a damn entry pass in with that setup.

4.) Speaking of entry passes, Toppin may be the worst I've ever seen. We had (I believe) 12 turnovers in the 1st half and it felt like half of them were Toppin trying to throw a hook bowling ball pass to Oscar in the post AROUND a defender. If that didn't result in a TO, Oscar having to catch at his shoe string and bring it up with 3 people around him did. Shitty basketball.

5.) Whatever that horrendous lineup Cal ran for what felt like 8 minutes cost us a ton of momentum and, not surprisingly, was awful on defense (even though I feel like he subbed that way to keep up the D). Just woeful substitution patterns.

6.) You can pin this loss on Reeves and rightfully so, guy knew it and it was showing during breaks. He just couldn't get the monkey off his back and most of his shots were wide open. He didn't slouch and tried to make plays at the basket but, because we play an offense that is the default setting of NBA Live 97, there was no room to operate.

Final thought, the fans in attendance weren't dejected. Many left bemoaning how awful we had been all year, questioning Cal or openly agreeing with KSU fans that they played better. It sucked to see too. The apathy is too great, Cal has lost too many.

Time to move on.

Last edited:
I don’t, but admittedly I don’t think Cal is as washed as most here.

I fully expect next year to get back to a team Cal is used to. Guards that can get anywhere and hit shots, and bigs that rim run and and block shots effectively.

Of course on the day we get knocked out I’m in no rush for next season or to find out if I’m wrong, way wrong.

Jay Wright, after winning 2 National titles, was making HALF of what Cal is making. Let that sink in, pronto.

Someone needs to show that motherf*cker some horse farms before the tar holes realize that Hubert is a pussboi.

I'm mystified at the confidence on here that a change is going to happen after next year.
Unless you all know something that I don't, (not a far-fetched idea I'll admit) what makes anyone think that:

Calipari will hang it up

or

UK has the will AND $$$ to pay him to go away

I WANT to believe but nothing has changed, and he finally won a tournament game. He isn't going anywhere.

Is the UK Basketball Program such a broke-dick-has-been that it will allow this loser to coach one more year…when he should have been fired WITH CAUSE years ago?

I’d like to think our program isn’t that lost, but it probably is.

Thank God for that ornery bastard from Youngstown.

Ain’t nothing gonna change next year and any of you that think it will are either delusional or desperate. Players come and go but one thing remains the same and that is the bum on the sidelines, and he obviously ain’t changing. We have had the same problems year in and out and I just can’t see another group of freshman being any different.

No other way to spin it, this year was a complete and utter failure. Top 5 preseason, returning POY, 2 Burger Boys, “elite shooter” transfers and we won one more tournament game than we have the last 3 years, or whatever the stat is. Mediocrity and apathy have set in, but hey, we always have next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT