ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nailed it. You'd have to be a fool to think Cal woke up today and his first thought was "how do I make this team better?" Lol.

There are are 50+ coaches out there in college that would've gotten so much more out of this team than Cal has this year. There are guys who live and breathe the game, who just obsess over the game and finding new ways and angles to be successful, who stay on top of what their peers and the elite professional leagues are doing. There are coaches who would kill for the opportunity to coach a group with the athleticism, skill, and potential our group has. Maybe Cal used to love the game like that, but that time has long since passed... now he doesn't love basketball, he only loves the lifestyle that basketball affords him. I'm sure there's nothing more he enjoys than going into an AAU event or some dinner and getting his ego stroked for three hours, or fraternizing with the famous and elite basketball circles and being a part of that club. That's the side of the game that keeps him going.

I just want a guy who is unhealthily obsessed with winning and who is genuinely pained by a loss. Because that ain't Cal and hasn't been him in a long time. And I'm tired of being in the perpetual purgatory of being just good enough to have hope, but obviously too flawed to win anything of significance. I would rather hit bottom and then pick up the pieces from there.
Rack em

There was a sequence in the first half that was the perfect encapsulation of where we are.

Vanderbilt had the ball, they swing the ball quickly, in and out, across the arc, 4/5 passes and get a three point shot when the pass bears the defender to the shooter.

UK gets the ball and brings it down. Actually does the same thing, moves it around the outside, passes it in… and it stops. Oscar has the ball, dribbles, back in and thankfully makes a layup. But literally all movement on our end stopped. Not only were we screwed if that shot gets blocked or missed, but we’re flat footed for the transition if Vandy gets the rebound. Just stopped and stated to see what Oscar did.

Almost like teams struggle to play well when facing a prepared opponent who has studied the other team and plays right to attack their weaknesses and take advantage of things like “third game in three days, let’s trap them in the half court and make them uncomfortable”

Who knew.

Nice pot of Jambalya cooking.

I can’t wait until the NBA draft when all the hype is the Wenbambalya kid, meanwhile Brandon Miller will be the best kid in the draft just like we’ve been through so many times.

Hopefully some dumbass GM doesn’t fall for the ESPN hype train!

Jambalya

Victor Wembanyama will be better. Crazy take

- I’m not letting UK keep me from enjoying basketball the next week. We’re in the tournament. I’m going to not think about the future and enjoy the precious present.

- Sold our house in 2 days. 18 showings. Over asking. Not counting what we put into it, about doubled what we bought it for in 2018. Guess the real estate market isn’t cooling. Not surprised. Just a wonderful neighborhood. Walkable - even to Cincinnati.

New pad is only 5 minutes or so away. Really nice neighborhood and a much better place for kids to grow up, but man I’m going to miss walking a few blocks to grab a beer and wings- or coffee.

Feel like i’m full on Dad now like BRax or something. Looking forward to landscaping with my air pods in to get away from my loudass family and for my children to choose my friends the rest of my life.

In same boat Chadwick, selling my crib that built 3 yrs ago to another new build. Getting about 175% what I paid. Prob going to a gated Lake community so kids will have tons to do. Beaches, pool, golf. Better for them than my secluded wooded lot. I needed more house for us all as well. But we evolve brother.

-Decided I needed to treat myself to dirty martinis tonight just because. Bought blue cheese stuffed olives, got some kettle one (gin sucks), but they didn’t have regular vermouth. Only had some small batch bespoke vermouth from Napa valley or some nonsense. Whatever, got it. Started drinking my martini and just didn’t taste right. Took a closer look and the vermouth has cardamom and lavender in it. 🤢 I mean FFS this weekend can’t catch a break.

-Went to IKEA and built a shoe rack today. F*ck IKEA

-I’m with wcc, Cal will not steal my joy. However this high of 35 degrees March after a 70 degree February is kind of doing it

-Really can’t think of too much wrong with a Saturday night. Has to be the most consistently good night of the week. Friday night is great, don’t get me wrong, but sometimes I’m a little wound tight on Friday and don’t enjoy as much as I should

-As someone who started drinking coffee 4 years ago to keep up with my kids, it’s amazing how the morning weekend coffee ritual has become so cherished. What. A. Treat.

-Hope all you wildcat friends have a great weekend, and remember, Cal sucks and can go f*ck himself

*Tired Cal gonna still be up when UK gets seeded tomorrow or will he already be in bed?

* Will Wheeler be sporting his new black warm up uniform for selection show while everybody else in their Sunday casual threads?

Aside from the absurdity of the money it looks like Ja has about 60 strip club wings for himself.

NYPICHPDPICT000008001661-1.jpg

I just can’t get it right with Vermouth so I’ve given up on homemade Manhattans. Wife’s go-to is gin martinis and she just rinses.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
In an old school way I can see Marquette making some noise. Didn’t realize Shaka Smart was their coach but I like him, and that backcourt is solid for a slow down tournament style game.

Sadly I feel like if we’re a 7 seed we’ll catch them as our 2 seed.

To me it does. Not because I have false expectations, but because until we are beat I’ll hope for the best no matter what.

I’m not trying to convince myself of anything, but in the event that we pull a few games out I won’t preemptively be a miserable sap that can’t enjoy it because “it means nothing”.

Does it really matter who’s in our bracket? We all know the outcome.

Great Britain apparently has a team in the World Baseball Classic. I didn't know they knew how to play. Regardless, the uniform designers at Nike have outdone themselves:

335919917_134667025974449_6669933404796788111_n.jpg

A "T" has already been added for meme purposes.

I know they’re down a starter but I’m cheering for UCLA this year because I t’ll prove they were better off with out Cal and it will make him miserable.

If we’re going to be stuck with him at least he can be miserable with us.
Hell, f-ing no we don't want UCLA to get #12. GTFOOH with that shit. But I bet Cal might've taken that job if he'd known Mick Cronin would've taken that gig and made Cal his bitch since.

John Calipari has ruined all of our relationships with our fathers.
My dad died 3 weeks after Cal was introduced, so that is confirmed.

Nice pot of Jambalya cooking.

I can’t wait until the NBA draft when all the hype is the Wenbambalya kid, meanwhile Brandon Miller will be the best kid in the draft just like we’ve been through so many times.

Hopefully some dumbass GM doesn’t fall for the ESPN hype train!
Wembanyama, barring injury, is the best player the NBA will have seen come into the league since Kevin Durant. His highlight reels are insane. He's basically a 7-1" Durant. Whatever franchise gets him will be a game-changer for that franchise's value and popularity much like Giannis was to the Bucks or Steph Curry to Golden State. He's that great.
Aside from the absurdity of the money it looks like Ja has about 60 strip club wings for himself.

NYPICHPDPICT000008001661-1.jpg
I don't see the difference between putting $50K in a slot machine called Huff n'Puff or a Shotgun Willie dancer with the same name.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Sorry for your loss man.

-I had a wonderful time in Louisville with BG gal. So good I drove home from Louisville at 1a.

Everything seemed to be going well until we went to the second bar Baxters I guess it was. Lord, lasers and rap and kids wearing sunglasses. She went and danced with her gals which was fine but the rest of the night there wasn’t anything between us I was just hanging out with her guy friends who were great.

The gals (3 of them), when we got home, went upstairs to gal talk and the guys sat downstairs bsing and ripping bourbos and silver bullets. Once it felt like bedtime I went up to find her and she was asleep in bed. When I got in the bed she woke up and told me something about her ex and yada yada (she’s been divorced for years). I didn’t feel that had anything to do with me so I got dressed and left.

What a worthwhile effort and event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT