ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Did Cabo San Lucas for the honeymoon. We stayed outside the city at the Hilton and loved it. Short ride into town on a shuttle provided by the hotel made it convenient, but without the noise. Look forward to a return trip some day.

- My maternal grandfather was a history professor. Taught at UK (where he met my grandmother, who was a HS history teacher), Princeton, and then spent his twighlight years at Ashland CC writing books. He had a couple of fellowships in Middle Eastern studies from Princeton. I inherited his library when he passed away. It was over 2k books, with several on the ME.

- Hit up Costco yesterday. Spent $150 in the grocery part and another $100 in the liquor store, mostly on wine.

- Whopper, whopper, whopper, whopper...

- Received my tree order from the Kentucky nursery the other day. Putting some cypress trees in the swampy areas around the creek bottoms. Pretty excited about it.

- Women drivers 🙄

- Since it's officially Lent, I had a filet o fish from McDonald's for lunch today.

- Parents have been snowbirding in Florida so I've been out to the farm every other day feeding/checking livestock for a few weeks. Building up a nice supply of fresh eggs.

- So are we just going into spring with only one actual cold snap? I'm down.

- Cats by 8 tonight

-gonna head out west this summer, no idea where...like to cover two states if possible. No California (I've covered that) or Vegas....everywhere else in play.

Recs appreciated.
Teton/Yellowstone is incredible.

Moab, UT area gets you Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, 4 Corners, Monument Valley, Goosenecks, and then just a couple hours drive to Grand Canyon.

The drive from Estes Park/Denver, CO to Teton is exhausting, but incredible scenery. The very definition of Big Sky.

Reactions: rudd1 and 80 Proof
$120 at the grocery. FOH. We’re spending $300-400/week at my place. And it’s mostly shit for the kids/laundry/toiletries. We rarely get a dinner with everyone at home. Most nights it’s either ham sandwiches, totinos or door dash.

Speaking of terrible drivers, my 11yo had a team outing at Malibu jacks this weekend. TWICE go kart races had to be paused so an employee could remove 2 different Indian boys because these kids just absolutely would NOT turn their steering wheels. It was unreal. They just drove straight into the walls. They never attempted to turn at all. And they seemed completely unphased by anything happening. Even when they we were removed they just sat there, grinning into the distance while they were pushed back to the queue. I laughed until I cried.

80 - my grandfathers farm in Nonsuch has been for sale since he passed away, but now it looks like we may keep the land in the family. My dream would be to build a house out there. Absolutely beautiful land. I’ll keep you posted.

Great day for some baseball. Fellas,

Would those work for a backyard that gets a lot of water runoff? People have said willows may be better.
They would definitely work. The problem with Willows and Cypress trees in yards is they have aggressive root systems that project above ground. I'm putting these in a pretty isolated area on the farm to help with erosion.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
80 - my grandfathers farm in Nonsuch has been for sale since he passed away, but now it looks like we may keep the land in the family. My dream would be to build a house out there. Absolutely beautiful land. I’ll keep you posted.
Is that the property on Mundy's Landing?

I too dream of moving back to Nonesuch. The only holdup is the city girl I married.

Reactions: roguemocha
Dr. Bob Ireland is the only UK History professor I'll ever acknowledge.

A true Master.
I enjoyed Dr. Summers, especially when he dressed up as Abe Lincoln the last day of class and delivered the Gettysburg Address. He reminded me of some Woody Allen character, always riding his bike through campus. I always assumed he was one of the professors who probably got stoned with a few select students.

janice_browne_2008_DSCN0125-L.jpg

So we’re still requiring foreign air travelers to be fully vaxxed? What in the everlovin F?

Novak Djokovic
Bro, we're still under a state of covid emergency until May. Meanwhile, we're finally admitting masks we're a ridiculous waste of time, which any sane person realized after summer '20. Yet, our sumpreme leaders, including the asshat in Frankfort, had 2 year olds wearing them. Those silly conspiracy theories just keep coming true. Just like Natty being far superior to shots coming out last week. No worries, we'll just pretend like it didn't happen.

Last edited:
We made Dr. Ireland our chapter's faculty advisor one year and I had to get him to agree to do it. He was pretty furious about it initially, but the old man eventually agreed. Paraphrasing, but the conversation went something like this once I got him on the phone.

"Oh God damn it. Nobody's asked me to do this in years. Is there ANYTHING involved with it?"

Not really, I guess if you don't want to. A lot of the guys had your US History courses and all seemed to like them and you, so we thought...

"Like not a damn thing. IF I agreed to do this, I don't have to go anywhere, write anything, talk to you all ever, read anything... nothing. If for some reason you guys thought it would be nice to invite me over for dinner one night, I would ignore the invitation and resign immediately. I don't want any tasks or obligations."

Yea, I suppose that would be fine with us. I just need one signatu...

"What fraternity is this again?

SAE. We're on Rose La-...

"Aren't you all the idiots who made a prohibition style bookcase in the house that was really a bar and the Dean caught you? Then they made you haul it out to the dumpster?"

Yes, I suppose that was us. It wasn't reall-...

"That harkened back to prohibition when... (5 minute prohibition rant I stopped listening to)"

Yea it was pretty cool, actually. We're on social probation now though.

"Well that was something. I'm serious, though. NOTHING. DO NOT ask me for anything. I'll deny the responsibility."

Yea, nothing. Not really sure why we need one to be honest. I'd just need you to sign one thing and I can bring it to your office.

"FINE, but that's the only thing I'll do for you is sign one paper if you bring it directly to me. That is the extent of this association."

Uh, yea. I'll bring it tomorrow.

"Okay I'll see you then. BYE."

595726769-140e995e6eb77b094acfdbdfcf81e6e90cc2e6ebc34e96d171617bbdf463089d-d_640

Like I said, a true Master.

If anth wanted actual results he’d hollar this direction not that bum ass gym he and wodiesloot are at now tbh.

Just kidding (kinda) I know little about that gym besides the head guy seems a little “unstable” and “chauvinist” from what I’ve heard. But again, I don’t know him, he may be great…

• Haha
Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
-we had mr McMurray...ivy educated ex CFO of Caterpillar or some other big ass equipment firm turned finance prof at gtown.

-the man was in his late 60's at the youngest...had retired to CKY because he was really into horse racing, took a nice lil retirement gig teaching finance/econ. Brilliant man.

^gave him an honorary bid/made him faculty advisor. All significant partying took place off campus... he made a few parties at my condo...his wife made him tone it down after I had to drive him home in his big ass Lexus one evening.

-despite being very well off, he was a keystone light man. Something about diminishing returns/roi or some such.

-twas a great man.

We made Dr. Ireland our chapter's faculty advisor one year and I had to get him to agree to do it. He was pretty furious about it initially, but the old man eventually agreed. Paraphrasing, but the conversation went something like this once I got him on the phone.

"Oh God damn it. Nobody's asked me to do this in years. Is there ANYTHING involved with it?"

Not really, I guess if you don't want to. A lot of the guys had your US History courses and all seemed to like them and you, so we thought...

"Like not a damn thing. IF I agreed to do this, I don't have to go anywhere, write anything, talk to you all ever, read anything... nothing. If for some reason you guys thought it would be nice to invite me over for dinner one night, I would ignore the invitation and resign immediately. I don't want any tasks or obligations."

Yea, I suppose that would be fine with us. I just need one signatu...

"What fraternity is this again?

SAE. We're on Rose La-...

"Aren't you all the idiots who made a prohibition style bookcase in the house that was really a bar and the Dean caught you? Then they made you haul it out to the dumpster?"

Yes, I suppose that was us. It wasn't reall-...

"That harkened back to prohibition when... (5 minute prohibition rant I stopped listening to)"

Yea it was pretty cool, actually. We're on social probation now though.

"Well that was something. I'm serious, though. NOTHING. DO NOT ask me for anything. I'll deny the responsibility."

Yea, nothing. Not really sure why we need one to be honest. I'd just need you to sign one thing and I can bring it to your office.

"FINE, but that's the only thing I'll do for you is sign one paper if you bring it directly to me. That is the extent of this association."

Uh, yea. I'll bring it tomorrow.

"Okay I'll see you then. BYE."

595726769-140e995e6eb77b094acfdbdfcf81e6e90cc2e6ebc34e96d171617bbdf463089d-d_640

Like I said, a true Master.

Sounds a lot like Rob’s interview before he got a job “working” for his dad.

• Haha
Reactions: TCPUKChamps
If anth wanted actual results he’d hollar this direction not that bum ass gym he and wodiesloot are at now tbh.

Just kidding (kinda) I know little about that gym besides the head guy seems a little “unstable” and “chauvinist” from what I’ve heard. But again, I don’t know him, he may be great…
You're getting bad info. Several people around here have been around him and it's far from accurate.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT