ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Pilot Program" for beer sales. Let's hope nothing crazy happens, like making it a more enjoyable atmosphere.
In recent years, the norm has shifted and fans have come to expect beer as an amenity at entertainment events.

Milquetoast can somehow manage to make having a beer at a baseball game sound robotic, the magnanimous prick.

Last edited:
Might not be popular but Travis Perry could help this years team a lot.

There aren’t many coaches out there that can’t use a PG that can flat out fill it up without being a ballhog gun that hurts his team.

Some kids can just play regardless of rank or level of competition.

@RibsAndWhiteBread, I’ve used the same Bob stroller for 7.5 years. It has many many miles on it and even though it’s a little dirty, still works great. Luke won’t ride in it without the snack tray.

Not sure if Perry is talented enough to contribute at a program like Kentucky.

However, I am completely confident that Cal would mismanage him if he were on the roster.

Last time the Cats had a stud whitey from Region 2 all they did was go to three final fours and win a title. NBD.

Loved the free throw line J from Livingston.

Just in survive and advance mode right now. Four month old and a three year old while trying to move up the corporate ladder. I know it's not inventing the light bulb or saving lives, but damnit ole dad is tired at the end of the day.

Sweetens is awesome @RibsAndWhiteBread. We are going for our fourth straight year in June. When you're in the E9 Retreat they basically give you run of the place after the sun goes down. Usually play Black Creek or McLemore one of the two days too. Hope your group can reschedule, it's worth it.

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
I was tied up today, so don’t know what the news about a KY kid being offered / not offered was all about, but I can say that Cal’s disregard of the KY boy has been unforgivable. He saw what Don Hawkins gave him. Why did he stop doing that? Why does he hate us?

There are two guys in the 9th region who would give us just that, kid at Cov Cath who I think signed with Miami Ohgaffot, and a kid at Holy Cross (who just set the all time region scoring record last week). Didn’t get a sniff.

Take one of them and the Lyon County kid. Let them be practice guards, earn a few minutes in the rotation, and then give a super solid and gritty 15-20 minutes as seniors. Is that any worse than using scholarships on other people you will not play and will just leave after one year anyhow? Or not even using those scholarships? Or having the audacity to use one on your shithead son?

Whoever made that comment earlier about him sitting with the poor family who lost their child. Yes, that individual thing he did was very, very kind, and legitimately admirable. But the disdain he has shown the poor, broken working class of this state - the very people who are not deemed even worthy to exist by his elite garbage type - that is reprehensible. He has broken the hearts of so many people in this state who depend on KY Basketball for one of the very few slivers of positive things - and most of all, pride - in their lives. And I believe this precludes referring to him as a “good man.” He is a selfish man, and an asshole.

This medicinal grade stuff is a different ballpark than the stuff I previously was hawking, which other stuff is still quite good.

The best thing is how you can just get all the weed you want delivered to your house by the postman, and it’s totally legit. Must drive narcs like Maxx and Leagle crazy. Fortunately they have taser pens to combat us menacing potheads.

The fat ankles were pleased with today’s reversion. But it is brief - Sunday is mid fifties and sunny. Fu*k yeah. And March is literally next week at this point. A week from right now I’ll be 17 Miller Lites deep at the fish fry.

It’s currently basketball season but winter indoor baseball has been going on. Last weekend when it was nice out I gave my boys the choice of which sport we would compete in. They pulled an audible and said football - spring flag starts in less than two months. I said hell yeah, that’s the spirit. Then tackle after that for both of the oldest ones - yes, I love cte and I’m a horrible parent. But I’m also a goddamned man and so are my children - eat my ass, fruitcakes.

Let’s actually plan and execute a NKY beer meetup. Probably need a secret text chain to execute. Outliers not from the Three Counties not welcome. Wcc could probably commence the starter version. Joey, I will meet you at 2 on Sunday. I will be wearing a navy windbreaker and a Kate hat. Give me a secret code of the rendezvous point. I will head up to the Pub now to find the fatguy, maybe the most mysterious poster of all.

I’ve taken to playing Def Lepard in my office at such a volume it bothers other people.

Get me higher than the grocery bill

Edit - let me just be clear, Jon Hood does not apply to anything above. He was a broke ass bitch who would have sat for NKU at the time.

Last edited:
If Perry doesn't come to UK he is going to be a Purdue/Xavier/Creighton/etc. honk that averages 15 per game as freshman.

He'd sit on the bench at UK...if Cal is still here. In other words, he'd be stupid to pick UK but I hope he does.

That Paintsville team they were on was stupid talented. They also had a 6’8 PF that could play the perimeter and a 6’’6 SF. How a single-A team in the 15th Region produced that kind of size is beyond me.

It was quite a run. My senior year we made it to state for the first time since Pelphrey’s senior year then they made it all the way to Saturday the next three tourney years (1 title/1 runner up). The Ratliff guys were transfers from Johnson Central and in 95 our best player that year was 6-6 too (Brian Lyon).

They should’ve recruited J.R. instead of Todd even though they had plenty of bigs already they should’ve taken him instead of Jules then he could’ve redshirted one year then his junior and senior year he would’ve been a walking double double. He’s an Oscar level nice guy as well and unselfish/was a good teammate/smart/etc.

Billy G’s boy Landon Slone is their coach now and a funny story about him is that before Billy left he promised him a scholarship his sophomore year and they after he was fired he tried to meet with Cal about honoring G’s commitment but Cal would never meet with him.

Last edited:
Going through some videos of the early Cal years. Liggins getting the hug and kiss from Cal, walking away in tears, and composing himself enough to talk shit to Harrison Barnes while we were shooting free throws is one of my favorite moments.

That was a really fun team - loved the OSU win & their grit
Was JUST talking about that group w/my nephews earlier tonight too

Steadfast and resolute vibes sent to all yall for our 1pm tipoff tomorrow

Looks like I will have an offer to work for UK sometime next week
Role is procurement/supplier management for UK healthcare/UK hospital - buying materials, instruments and probably quaaludes for the surgeons - apparently Ill be in the basement with a 3-person team

Anyone else here work in or around UK health care/UK Hospital?

Peace, CatFans

The F’ing South, man - stupid amounts of humidity, treating Jesus like he’s some mascot and GAF about college baseball. smh

I care more about Coach Mitchell’s lady Cats than I do our hardball team.

I am curious as to know if the interest & TV ratings are commensurate with ESPNs constant bombardment of UofSouth Carolina/WBB and WNBA propaganda. It seems so forced, I turn any related story off quicker than a Kars4Kids ad.

Trying to create a TV market out of whole cloth because there is nothing less watchable than women’s basketball.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I am curious as to know if the interest & TV ratings are commensurate with ESPNs constant bombardment of UofSouth Carolina/WBB and WNBA propaganda. It seems so forced, I turn any related story off quicker than a Kars4Kids ad.

Trying to create a TV market out of whole cloth because there is nothing less watchable than women’s basketball.
Can’t wait until ESPNW drops later this year. Take all that noise to its own channel.

We then get to see what the real ratings are. Which we all basically already know.

The F’ing South, man - stupid amounts of humidity, treating Jesus like he’s some mascot and GAF about college baseball. smh

I care more about Coach Mitchell’s lady Cats than I do our hardball team.

Humidity is good for your skin though, brother Chad

I LOVE watching baseball pitching. - it's fascinated and i WISH I would have tried to play as a kid

Batting, fielding and - the other stuff....impossible body mechanics & entirely unnatural for me -- plus poor eyesight

Had a great friend in Tucson that was
drafted by the Angels twice but a back injury ended his baseball career -- i think he convinced me that hitting a pro's pitches is probably the hardest feat to successfully accomplish in sports

Then, ironically - the REST of the sport allows for less athletic and older players to still perform -- right?

Anywho -
Go Pirates i guess

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

* Love this time of year getting texts from random strangers from the past wanting to meet back up at Keeneland.

Taking that exit off of New Circle onto Versailles Road is instant goosebumps and giddiness to Horse Dad here.

Multiply that by a million once you're walking up to the track and seeing everyone looking like a billion dollars.

We're up to a trillion once you hear Kurt Becker's voice.

Man.

While we're talking ponies, watch that (12) Crupi at the Risen Stakes today at Fair Grounds. I know (13) Victory Formation is a legit Derby contender, but he could be nice to "use underneath"--or upset pick--at 15-1 ML.

* 2Pac's "Hit 'em Up" is the best diss track of all-time. Fight me.

* On the other end of the music spectrum, CMT (when it was only videos) was always on our TVs in the classrooms in my junior high years (early 90s). When the mind thinks back to trading baseball cards with the guys, or flirting with the girls, I'm going:

- Hal Ketchum - "Small Town Saturday Night"
- Reba McEntire - "Fancy"
- Alan Jackson - "Midnight in Montgomery"
- Randy Travis - "Heroes and Friends"
- Trisha Yearwood - "She's in Love With the Boy"

* I'm still amazed at the sync of The Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album. Purely coincedence, but still WTF.

That transition from black and white to color when "Money" starts is perfect.

* Snack Factory's "Honey Mustard Pretzel Crisps Bites" are my current go-to for the all-day work snack.

* Hear me out:
- Iona doesn't play until tomorrow (St.Peter's, by the way)
- Wildcat mascot has the whole Rupp crowd starting a GO BIG BLUE chant.
- All of the 90s players are being announced and recognized.
- The whole thing plays out and Rupp is beyond excited.
- The Wildcat mascot comes back out, pulls the head off and it's Rick Pitino. He looks around as the stunned Rupp crowd is in awe and clapping their hands like maniacs. He soaks it in for a few moments before he raises his arms in the air to form the "Y."

Rupp's roof is blown into space.

Cats by 5 today, Cat friends.

How is 17-9 Creighton a 4 seed, with a 8-8 record against Quad 1&2, in a non power 5 conference?

While UK is “last 4 out”, also has an 8-8 record against Quad1&2, with more conference wins, in a better conference?

UK also has the best win of the 2, @UT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT