ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie, I really thought that set of randoms was going to bust through a little more.

Thought I’d get some “wcc is back!” type responses and maybe some heart likes. Some texts telling me I nailed it. Thought even a few of those may even get aggregated by KSR.

Disappointing.

Hey man I gave you a heart eyes emojis that was a really good post

Other amazing things other than wccs post:

Went to the local sushi shop and as I was picking up my order (shrimp shumai, salmon sashimi, spicy crab salad, Tokyo roll) I realized I was still on vacay and said f*ck it and asked what appeared to be a 13 year old Asian kid if I could grab a Saki bottle to go. He looked at the guys behind the counter that looked like they were dressed to go to a ju jitsu competition and I said I’ll pay cash and they nodded yes. Got some cold unfiltered good shit

On that subject, do you ever find yourself SCREAMING in broken English to foreign people as if they’ll understand you yelling broken English and as if they’re deaf? I do that constantly and then laugh at myself

I also encounter about 5 deaf people a year and find myself screaming at them in broken English when they tell me they lip read. It’s incredibly insulting to them I’d imagine and also makes me look like a complete clown to them, a win win

The Saki was fantastic I’m hammered

Last edited:
Easy to see why Justin Thomas is so popular with Golf Guy. Seems like a pretty solid dude.

Actually, all these guys seem cool. I kind of find myself rooting for all of them. For instance if one of the guys I like - say Justin Thomas - falters, all of the sudden I’m rooting for the guy he previously was competing against.

It’s odd. I actually want ALL of them to win, and when one of them inevitably win the tournament, I find joy and fulfillment in their excellence.

- Something to keep you warm:

* Livingston keeps improving, makes The Leap

* Fredrick goes oppo Cal’s usual shooters and catches fire in March

* Reeves does the same

* Wallace gets over the freshman wall just in time

* Adversity welds a tough team

* Fortunate matchups

* Cal back against the wall pulls a straight

- Go ahead and rack me, @KingLlama

Sure thing, bub.

Kills me to hear “we don’t have to win this game tomorrow” for our tourney chances. WTF?!?? F that, what better chance is there to help our odds than winning tomorrow?

Plus it’s f’n Tennessee.

Plus, we are honoring the greatest modern stretch of UK bball.

We better win!

Friday quickies:

- Ever buy a new bottle of soap/shampoo/bourbon thinking the old bottle is on E but it ends up reanimating itself and you get 2 more weeks use out of it somehow? That's what's going on with me and a bottle of shampoo right now. It's impressive what the old bottle is doing.

- Skyrizi - a Big Pharma drug for psoriasis or possible Derby starter to use in your exotics? Good question.

- Is it just me, or has this February been more than tolerable? Excluding the Cats, of course.

- "The Only Thing That's Gone" by Wallen and Stapleton is a good one. I tried like hell not to like that dbag, but I'll be damned if Morgan Wallen ain't starting to grow on me a little. His acoustic cover of "Cover Me Up" is really good too.

- I guess Tiger and JT will have to be canceled for a little while.

- Sweet 16 (KHSAA version) tickets and airbnb booked. Coaches dinner at Tony's reserved for the first night. Really good support at this school. We play the #1 ranked team in the state to kickoff the district tournament. But if you somehow beat them . . . skrizi is the limit! (hey Llama, how about that callback?!?!)

- Never thought Holtmann was the answer. Dude seems very plain, boring, and unattractive A good rule of thumb might be if your wife wouldn't have a crush on him, he's not good enough to coach here. Fat slob Cal included. That's why I'm high on Nate Oats and Kliff Kingsbury.

- Pilsbury has some packaged soft-batch style cookies. Recommend.

- I think we beat the Vols tomorrow. We matchup well with them and they don't score enough to run away and hide. UT is terrible.

Friday Shorts:

-Gary Allan/Tracy Lawrence tix secured for Iroquois Amphitheater June 2. I mean, that's a DOPE ass little 90s country show right there. $60 🔥

-Started 'The Last of Us', really enjoying thus far when I didn't think I would. Sometimes you just gotta trust HBO, they basically never miss on any marquee show.

-Sign me up for a PG w/ a little attitude & fight in him. Been a hot minute.

-Stepdad (watching his grandson play) sat a couple seats down from Cal at the Lyon/Dawson Springs game. He was sitting w/ the family of the Dawson player who was killed. Of course, he was there to see Travis Perry (who had a cool 62), but he could do that any game. Of all his shortcomings, Cal really is a good dude. He's been back down to Dawson several times, and is always checking in with them.

-South Park has always pushed the boundaries, but it's new form on HBO is even better being uncensored. Given the endless stream of bullshit and hypocrisy in the world today for them to attack, that show is better than ever. First episode was all in on Kanye/Jews , and the 2nd blasting Harry/Meg. Lmao, they just don't give AF.

-Trying to save Full Swing for a week or two when I have nothing going on, so I can really focus and binge...but that's proving difficult.

-The National Farm & Machinery show is a really big deal for Louisville, annually. All the commercials have me thinking back to my youth - we WORHIPPED some Tractor Pulls. Things were dope.

-I've been especially hard on Livingston all year, mostly b/c of his starting position/minutes at the expense of others I'd prefer. But, you can really see the light coming on for him offensively...just needs to keep RISING on drives, and not making himself so small. He's starting to do just that. Defensively he's still a mess...a BIG one. One thing at a time, I suppose.

-So what's Will up to? He came out of nowhere on HOB recently and posts like 1000 words a day, and apparently does recruiting for a living now? Good to know he's alive and well, at least.

-New Serial coming Feb 23rd: "The Coldest Case in Laramie" 👍

-Man, we really need at least 1 of CJ/Sahv Saturday. No feel at all for this game, or any game. Done wasting my time on predictions. Go Cats!

-From damn near 70 to 28. Cool.

Last edited:
Offended or not we can all sleep better knowing Joe and Co. shot down $12 hobbyist balloons and there are no UFO's or alien overlords out there...right now.

Offended or not we can all sleep better knowing Joe and Co. shot down $12 hobbyist balloons and there are no UFO's or alien overlords out there...right now.
Speaking of sleeping better, can you call your boy Cason and tell him to get his shit together?

*Full Swing was good- but will probably leave a lot to be desired for people that are pretty consumed by golf already... they left a lot on the table, imo.

*Had been pretty jacked to play Sweetens Cove this weekend... had the tee time and house rental since last fall. Got an email from the pro today that they are closed through monday bc the course flooded last night. Just a kick in the gut. Had already secured childcare help for my wife, and had her and her dad tickets to the Bama/UGA game saturday while i was gone. I guess I'll just enjoy the afternoon home alone, now.

*Been researching TF out of jogging strollers. Just something I never really thought I would be doing. Lot of top of the line options but think i've settled on the BOB over the THULE bc of the optional snack tray add-on.

*Have really been enjoying the on campus reaction here to losing at UT. Its been confirmed that the officiating was the difference and they allowed Tennessee to "Just foul and push guys around the whole dang time." Well you know what- eat shit pal bc UK has dealt with that exact approach from teams for 30 years

* if the self-aggrandizing tweet from a JOURNO ends with ".... My Column" then it just comes off as satire, imo.

- Pretty ridiculous that here Cal has us on the brink of another tournament birth and some of you want him fired.

- Umm Barkley is the most likable athlete of the past 30 years. Tiger is great but not at very likable at all.

- Fake spring weather got me hankering for some country music this week - both the good and shitty good stuff.

- So far the most interesting parts to me and Full Swing both involve Koepka:

* His crisis of confidence- considered I always thought he was the cockiest guy on tour.

* I just am not impressed at all with his fiancé. Absolutely BEWILDERED he couldn’t pull better. Different strokes I guess.

- I can just see Strokin in his element at the KY Sweet 16 snakeoil grin, back pats, pointing, talking about the good ol’ days, bashing Cal’s offense. Almost pisses me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT