ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christine Brennan has a nice little niche for herself amongst the downtrodden. Pretty sure I'll skip right by her articles but someone is paying her to write these in volume.

The ability for fans to separate Tiger's game from his likability versus say a LeBron's game and likeability is impressive gymnastics. I realize there are different reasons, yet....

Ribs, was waiting for a review of the course, sorry for your loss...

55 degrees means golf weather this weekend.

Reactions: Catman100
Gregggg Doyle is one of the few people I follow just to see their awful takes. He doesn’t disappoint.

- With a relatively weak late-night CBB slate on tap last night, I watched most of OSU/Iowa, and I couldn't shake the feeling of happiness that Holtman is struggling so badly. As Anth said, his timing couldn't be better. I mean, Kentucky's offense is stagnant and outdated. But Holtman's offense is just a MESS. And that was against IOWA, who isn't exactly Houston out there.

- Glad to hear that Cal is staying on the Perry kid. For all the issues Cal has brought upon himself, missing out on a legendary Kentucky HS kid is not one he needs to add to the slate right about now.

- The KHSAA Sweet 16 is an absolute blast. Been fortunate to have my good buddy Strokin' Bandit hook me up with tickets a few times over the past couple of years. As a kid, I assumed that I'd eventually be an annual attender of the event, but it just hasn't turned out that way. Will definitely do it once the youngest graduates in a few years.

- I'm just a beer cheese simpleton, probably, but Copper Kettle is just my natural go-to for the store-bought stuff.

- What an absolutely terrible NBA draft this is shaking up to be. Wemby, Scoot, Miller, and then................

- Yesterday's weather has me subtly excited for the start of college baseball season. Do-or-die season for Mingione. PING!

Count me as not too optimistic about a 170 lb guard from Eddyville being good enough to make an impact at UK.

I hope he’s the next Rex Chapman but I’ve seen this too many times before.

Count me as not too optimistic about a 170 lb guard from Eddyville being good enough to make an impact at UK.

I hope he’s the next Rex Chapman but I’ve seen this too many times before.
Who cares? Our 6-13 players on scholarship are a rotating door of transfers. Give a KY kid a scholarship.

Yeah, I didn't say anything about the kid making an impact. I'm just saying that Cal's been on a streak of bizarre PR moves (not talking to the media, telling fans to blame him instead of players when we weren't blaming the players, etc.). Getting this Perry kid would just be a nice PR win for a guy who needs more of them, (ir)regardless of whether the kid ever breaks the rotation.

As Anth said, there's absolutely no harm in giving that kid a scholarship. And even if his ceiling is eventually being able to give you single-digit MPG, well....haven't we spent the past few days in GYERO talking about how Cal never has enough guards?

Last edited:
- I can just see Strokin in his element at the KY Sweet 16 snakeoil grin, back pats, pointing, talking about the good ol’ days, bashing Cal’s offense. Almost pisses me off.
He does piss me off. Strokin is a MFing show off.

"Look at me, I still use shampoo, I still have hair!"

You think I need to read that, you SOB? Sometimes I steal some of my wife's shampoo and dump it on my head and pretend like there is still a head of hair to lather up. But there is nothing there. You think I need to be reminded of that on GYERO? What an asshole.

And good luck in the district tourney. (seriously)

I couldn’t care less if he gets a scholarship offer or how many honks from Kentucky we have on the roster.

If you’ve proven yourself against the nation’s best and it appears you can contribute, then yes. If you happen to be a Kentucky kid then great, that’s gravy.

I’m glad he’s lighting up the 2nd region.
Let’s see how he does on the AAU circuit this summer. Right now he’s rated in the 90’s.

*Had been pretty jacked to play Sweetens Cove this weekend... had the tee time and house rental since last fall. Got an email from the pro today that they are closed through monday bc the course flooded last night. Just a kick in the gut. Had already secured childcare help for my wife, and had her and her dad tickets to the Bama/UGA game saturday while i was gone. I guess I'll just enjoy the afternoon home alone, now.

I’ve played there twice but have also had them cancel 2 reservations due to weather (one for flooding 2 years ago and another during the crazy cold spell this past December). That valley floods with very little rain. It’s definitely worth the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT