ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cough, Joe B.Hall, cough, all over again. Must say Cal really learned a lot from him as he so proudly stated.

Even covered head to toe in spf clothing, gloves and hat still got sunburnt on my head and neck today fishing. Glare and high winds did its thing on me but it’s February so not mad.

First fish went about 25-30 lbs. Sadly the lake has those damn Asian carp and foul hooked it in the side. 30lb braid made short work of it and it’ll get eaten along with another by the coyotes. Did catch 2 slab Crappie and about 8 bass so good 70 degree mid February 5.5 mile walk in nature.

So what’s everyone’s plans for March now? While we’re at it, when does the hyped up new changes and NBA offense with all the Superstars coming in next year start? I’m thinking mid March through mid April then we take it out back and put it out of our upcoming misery for next year. Gives everyone something to talk about during the tourney and saves lives.

Reactions: 80 Proof
I don't follow exactly what constitutes Quad wins and NET rank but our win against Texas A&M keeps looking better and better and that doesn't seem to get brought up

-Really over the stupid NFL and it’s trash fans. SB is over but it’s the lead story on everything. I don’t care AT ALL about what Greenberg or anyone thinks about trades or drafts that may or may not happen. What’s the point of playing pretend? We that bored as people?

Can’t just start talking bball if any level please?

I’d rather just wait and let them tell
Me when something ACTUALLY happens.

“BUT IF THIS 13 WAY TRADE HAPPENS THAT WE MADE UP THIS MORNING AND IT SENDS RODGERS TO THE LIV TOUR THEN SHOULD THE LIONS DRAFT A CB OR TRADE THE GHOST OF BARRY SANDERS FOR JUSTIN FIELDS????!!!!!!?????!!!!”

Christ almighty.

It's unreal how quickly Cal can turn the Swaggy Cal/Arrogant Cal persona back on. Last night, once again, he sarcastically kept mentioning how many injuries we've had (because evidently nobody is giving him "credit" for that), then said "you've seen what we can do as an 8 or a 9 seed. Does anyone wanna face MY team?"

Thank god that was a rhetorical question, because I know the answer.

The Oscar situation is crazy, and my buddy BBdK continually pointed out last night. He's basically the FOCUS of every single team, every single game. 🤣 Can't even comprehend a National Player of the Year being the guy everyone is super pumped about facing.

15:43 left in the game. Wallace fouled hard on the baseline.

MSU #4 puts out his hand to help Wallace up.

Cason looks at him with a mean mug, refuses his assistance, grabs Toppins hand instead and gets up.

Marbles.

Went on an 18-2 run after.
DAAAAMMMMNNNN, can’t believe he did that to a badass 11th in conference Mississippi State team! MARBLES!

Do that when you’re beating KU or UT. Being “hard” right now is cute not gangster.

I watched a couple episodes of this new Netflix show "Full Swing," because the title sounded appealing, and I gotta tell you -- I was expecting way more sex. Huge disappointment.

After a good night’s sleep, I’m focusing on a short-handed team going on the road and getting the job done - with ZERO offense from 3/4 of the guards on our roster (ignoring assists for the sake of my post).

That said, man it’s humbling realizing that shit team in Starkville are actually our contemporaries right now.

Just get in the damn tournament so I can enjoy the conference tournaments, Selection Sunday and the week leading into the Dance.

It’s not much to ask.

My work clothes got drenched running into the gym this morning so I walked out looking like second half Cal all damp splotchy and such.

Reactions: roguemocha
Anybody let the “ didn’t even watch gang” know we won?
I’m not on that team but I did fall asleep at 8p and didn’t wake up until 11:55p, thought it had to be 3a but nope. So I ate a bunch of peanut butter blueberries and whole milk and went back to bed. Watched the two second ESPN highlight this morning which is all we deserve really.

-caught the 2nd half after taking advantage of the beautiful weather/few hrs of tennis.

-wcc is right: road win against a "good" team...I was entertained. Beats losing.

^stallball was infuriating, and cal still needs to go. But live in the moment or whatever.

I stand by my "UT is terrible" take(s). I'm glad they won for a couple of reasons:

1. Alabama and NATE needed a little humble pie.
2. Didn't want them starving for a win after losing back-to-back-to-back games

We match-up well with them. Could be a "first to 50" type game on Saturday.

Wallace could take a little pressure off Reeves if he would start scoring. Or maybe Livingston will? Be cool if CJ heals up and comes back better than ever. Who knows? Maybe our team will be healthy at the right time?

I still don't think this UK team is all that good or talented. I think a Sweet 16 run (*if they can still get into the Dance) is the absolute ceiling for this bunch. Acceptance.

* I still think there is a WTF loss looming out there.

I really don't want Bama to win the title primarily because I want their fans to experience and perhaps appreciate the randomness of the NCAA tournament and just how freaking hard it is to win 6 elimination games in a row.

I mean if we went straight from conference tournaments to a Final Four UK may not have 18 titles but we would sure as hell have a handful more.

Early thoughts without spoilers of the Netflix PGA show...

Brooks comes off much different than what he is typically portrayed... he was in a phase where he was struggling, mentally he was having issues, he was overthinking everything... It's been documented that had he won at the Waste Management last year and kicked on- he stays on Tour, but he was slipping and bailed. His gal comes off as you would imagine an IG influencer would when they actually have to speak.

Poulter, not shockingly- seems like a tool.

Gives you an appreciation for Matt Fitzpatrick. Who is in his prime youth years and devoted all he has to golf... like he doesnt do anything else. But he's got the standard euro dark humor, and his family are all likeable.

Joel Dahmen's episode was pretty eye-opening. He's pretty well known for downplaying his ability, even being pessimistic- it makes more sense after you hear his full story.

Paulina- in her limited appearances, is absolutely off the charts smoking.

I haven't seen the show yet but seems to me that Brooks was all Team PGA until LIV paid his brother.

-Road dub against a good team that's been on a run. Good.

-losing a 13 point lead, in crunch time, again... maddening. Of all the weird shit he does how can this not be the most obvious fix? It's literally cost him 2 NCAA Titles, minimum. We all know this is going to be the undoing if we sneak into an 11 seed.

-Livingston played well down the stretch. 4 huge FTs.

-Oscar has totally lost his offensive confidence.

-9 games straight with >10pts for Poppin. 3 double doubles during that stretch and our secondary ball handler. Been steady as rock while everyone else on the team has had at least one spastic stretch where they were unplayable.

-Couple bourbs during the first half made passing out right after the game much easier. Another reason Wednesday night is a preferred game night.

-storms last night were 😳

Last edited:
-Oscar has totally lost his offensive confidence.
He was better last night. Smith was a tough matchup and he still finished with 18 and 11. He's not where we need him to be, but I thought last night was a step in the right direction. The clutch FTs should help with that confidence.

Reactions: jayroon
I'm not one of those UK fans who go around clamoring for Pitino but the guy was ahead of the game. I know this team lacks on the defensive end but offensively, this team could run the hell out of our 90's offense.

You have a point guard who is a true facilitator that can occasionally hit shots with Wheeler.
Combo guard that "generally" can get to the rim and get 20 on given night with Wallace.

2 long range threats with Reeves and Frederick.

A powerful 3 man who can knock it down or go down low and bang with Livingston.

A crazy athletic stretch 4 that has proven he can knock down a 3 pointer well enough to keep D's honest.

A 5 man that thrives when the floor is spaced out and he has room to work down low. His ability to get the offensive rebounds and give our shooters second chances is second to none.

An athletic big man in Collins who can go up and get lobs and give breathers to Oscar.

It's repetitive but we are just running the wrong offense for this group. With Rick we always had 3 or 4 guys who were at least a threat to knock down the 3. Last night we had Oscar, Toppin, Ware, Wallace, and Thiero in for multiple minutes together.

He was better last night. Smith was a tough matchup and he still finished with 18 and 11. He's not where we need him to be, but I thought last night was a step in the right direction. The clutch FTs should help with that confidence.
I thought he looked scared af to score inside last night. Just the same as he has since he got punked by Castleton.

Positive for me last night was that Cal ran more offense through Oscar at the top of the key for some dribble hand off action, instead of deliberately putting him block to block like it's 2004.

Doing so opens it up for Topp and Livingston some.

Keep the ball moving and avoid clogging the driving lanes -- we can score enough points to win most games we find ourselves in.

The defense, on the other hand? Yikes. Livingston has to get better, as he's completely lost out there. Not a good recipe with Oscar being targeted relentlessly and Reeves unable to stay in front of the feintest dribble drive. That makes 3 dudes right away that are a liability. Not good.

- Will be attending the UT game Saturday with LSAT. Holla if any of you posters that I respect will be there.

To Cal's credit, he specifically said he was going to do that on the Pregame to create space since MSU likes to pack it in...and he actually followed through with it, for once.

Wallace had open shots at least. He has to be able to hit them though.

Reactions: jayroon
I admire Vern's optimism, it's been beaten out of me.

When I watch this team - other than the obvious frustrations - it just makes me sad because I see what has(had) the potential of being a legit title contender in a very gettable year in college basketball and a coach and staff that have just mucked the whole thing up.

And to Dk's last post, it's crazy what we feel the need to give Cal credit for..."did you see last night? We ran an inbound play!" "Credit to Cal, that one set was well designed!" "I thought Collins looked good at the 5 last night, glad to see Cal try that."

9 million dollars a year and we feel the need to cheer him on like a toddler going poop in the potty for making base level competent coaching decisions.

FTR, I'm in the same boat as you, @TheShowKiller

It's all depressing AF, but I'm just trying to post about Kentucky basketball. Gleaning positives out of this shitty baked cake is a tall task but this is GYERO, not the KSR Facebook comment section.

Game Day What GIF by Laff

I admire Vern's optimism, it's been beaten out of me.
Thanks buddy, but I would call it being positive over being optimistic. When we ran the out of bounds play to Oscar for a 3 with 2 on the shot clock, I was just as redass as the rest of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: rudd1
We’ve been on + side of fortunate matchups in the tourney since 2018 unfortunately.

We are due for a couple players to go on a Sheppard/Lamb/Harrison type heater though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT