ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-we did French Polynesia. Moorea and Bora Bora. Takes a minute to get there...but it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip.

-done the Bahamas a few times. Ocean Club/Atlantis. Nice.

-I do not recommend Haiti.

-at this point if I have to do a "Caribbean beach" give me South Florida/the keys...no need to leave the US.

I’m currently using rushmypassport.com because me and my wife forgot Turks and Caicos was another country and our 2 toddlers probably need passports. We’re leaving in 4 weeks and the expedited for kids is 3-5 weeks so we can’t chance it so we have to spend more than we did for the plane tickets to rush these stupid f’in passports. Going to FedEx tomorrow and supposedly will be here in under 2 weeks “guaranteed”.

Rio Mar is up there near top of list and the Hyatt grand reserve in that same area if go P.R. El Conquistador looks aight as well. Still got a lot of research.

First time going so trying to make it easy and not get too adventurous on own. Usually I’d do an Airbnb on the beach then just rely on the area for restaurants, etc. but going blind into this one.

Not wanting to dick around with passport application and possible delays.

Reactions: klambert6
Not happy about this whole splitting all pay for network shows into two half seasons. Did that start with GOT?

Paramount breaking Yellowstone and 1923 into half seasons is a buzzkill but monetarily wise it makes sense.

As long as they provide one show at all times that I thoroughly enjoy I guess I’m alright with it.

That being said, Paramount is showing strong with Mayor Of Kingston and Your Honor to go along with the aforementioned ones.

Inject Brady getting mauled for 4 quarters in my touching veins.
Meh I like seeing the greats crush. Won’t ever see a dude like that again in this lifetime. I guess you being a falcons fan I understand, kind of, but that was 100% on the Falcons don’t hate the guy that took advantage.

Fast forward 10-12 yrs and let's see what the numbers of Mahomes, Allen and Burrow look like. There is always a new era of "greats". No one saw this coming from Brady after his first few years.
Those three will be LUCKY to
Combine for 7 SB wins. I’m not talking about putting up numbers, that’s never even really been Brady’s thing.

Reactions: 80 Proof
I think someone on here was giving Lamar grief for missing this playoff game. If I put 250 million in front of anyone on here, every damn one of you would miss your first borns birth for it and if you wouldn’t your a moran.

* Signs of aging and moving closer and closer to Grumpy Old Man status -- I'm increasingly annoyed by loud noise. Honking car horns, lassie listening to tv too loud, and especially coffee shops/restaurants/bars that insist on blaring music unnecessarily. Just turn the volume down, please.

* This woman right here is the absolute heart and soul of Appalachia:

* Predictions on the starting lineup tonight? Calipari is almost as big of a troll as UKO. Wouldn't shock me to see Lance Ware earn a spot because of all the toughness he showed in practice this week.

* Even after beating a top-5 team on the road, we're still "First 4 Out" according to that insufferable fool at ESPN. 🤣

How many other teams have a win that big this entire season? Ugh. Just shows how terrible the rest of our resume is.

* Ran the Louisiana Marathon on Sunday morning with Ainsley's Angels, pushing a teenager with Downs in an adaptive wheelchair the entire way. Some random thoughts.....

- she was the self-professed #1 Joe Burrow fan in the world
- it was surprisingly easy to push, since they make those things so well now
- howevva....my arms are freaking dead from having to constantly adjust the chair (alignment was off and it kept veering to the left)
- blew out a bolt literally at mile 1, and had a 20-minute stop while the team support van came to fix it, hence a very slow start
- 2:44 first half, 2:22 second half -- 5:06. Felt nice and easy

Great organization.

* Facebook marketplace >>>>>>>>>>>> Craigslist. Sold an old U-Haul trailer in about 30 minutes yesterday. Easy peasy.

* The Reds may have legit found their Nuke Laloosh.

link: Joe Boyle

Per 9 = 14.5 ks (highest EVER for minor league baseball), 7.5 walks.

Actually, he's more like the next Steve Dalkowski. And he's not even a top-20 prospect, that's how loaded the farm system is. Pitcher & Catchers report in 3 weeks, FYI.

* Guy Clark's LA Freeway lyrics, just because.

Pack up all your dishes
Make note of all good wishes
And say goodbye to the landlord for me
That son of bitch has always bored me
Throw out them L.A. papers
That mouldy box of Vanilla Wafers
Adios, to all this concrete
Gonna get me some dirt road back streets
I can just get off of this L.A. freeway
Without gettin' killed or caught
Down that road in a cloud of smoke
To some land I ain't bought, bought, bought

Perfected by Jerry Jeff Walker, of course.

* <-- would also like to dump water on John Calipari's head. Quite often, really.

* Remember that time when Jeff Van Gundy's car got blown up by the team jet, and we found out he drove an old Honda Civic? That was awesome.

link: gets great gas mileage, though

* Why is guac ALWAYS extra? And not just a little extra, but like $2? F you.

* Might as well share this one again....

The teammates' reaction = 🤣🤣🤣

* Waffle House order:

- waffle
- double hashbrowns (scattered)
- coffee
- water
- throw a buck or two in the jukebox to get things lit

I'm pretty simple.

Meh I like seeing the greats crush. Won’t ever see a dude like that again in this lifetime. I guess you being a falcons fan I understand, kind of, but that was 100% on the Falcons don’t hate the guy that took advantage.

Worse than that amigo, I'm a Raiders fan who is still salty about the tuck rule game. Tom Brady and Bill Bellichick got away with so much bullshit (deflategate, recording opponents practices, bending rules to gain an advantage) that I feel like it somewhat mars what should have been a slam dunk GOAT status. Combine that with the fact that Boston was the beneficiary of all of that and you're going to get an all time hate status out of me.

Tom Brady = Jon Jones, IMO.

-Awesome you pushed that gal PTI, super cool.

-Totally agree with loud noises, love my quiet neighborhood. In KW it was nonstop sirens and idiot tourists honking their horns on scooters incessantly like it was cute. Part of why I moved up the Keys the last year I was down there.

-I think I may have asked but don’t remember, hot yoga recs in Lex?

Those three will be LUCKY to
Combine for 7 SB wins. I’m not talking about putting up numbers, that’s never even really been Brady’s thing.

Yds, completions, TD's....just to name a few of his "numbers", regardless of him not being concerned. The numbers come w/ longevity and success. Agree on the SB's as it is a different era in terms of team continuity and parity.

Yeah I definitely think Josh Allen will win more than 7 Super Bowls and have at least 3 MVP trophies.

F’ing troll idiot.

Given I never mentioned anything about the above, your ability to be a complete numbnut is always a good read. Go run up another mountain dipshit.

* Ran the Louisiana Marathon on Sunday morning with Ainsley's Angels, pushing a teenager with Downs in an adaptive wheelchair the entire way. Some random thoughts.....

- she was the self-professed #1 Joe Burrow fan in the world
- it was surprisingly easy to push, since they make those things so well now
- howevva....my arms are freaking dead from having to constantly adjust the chair (alignment was off and it kept veering to the left)
- blew out a bolt literally at mile 1, and had a 20-minute stop while the team support van came to fix it, hence a very slow start
- 2:44 first half, 2:22 second half -- 5:06. Felt nice and easy
So awesome! :)

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
* Even after beating a top-5 team on the road, we're still "First 4 Out" according to that insufferable fool at ESPN. 🤣

How many other teams have a win that big this entire season? Ugh. Just shows how terrible the rest of our resume is.
I honestly don't care to argue about UK being out of the tournament projections, but what makes no sense is that I believe he had UK on his "First 4 Out" PRIOR to the Tennessee game.

Not sure how that win doesn't trigger a move and if it doesn't, that should be a sign that your model needs to be recalibrated.

Given I never mentioned anything about the above, your ability to be a complete numbnut is always a good read. Go run up another mountain dipshit.

And neither did rogue specifically mention that in the original post that started this, dipshit. But he referred to Tom Brady as an all-time great who is a once-in-a-lifetime QB, and that status is universally agreed upon because, yes, of his stats, but mostly due to his 7 Super Bowl wins, 3 MVPs, and 10 Super Bowl appearances.

You somehow dragged 3 current QBs into this discussion who don't even stand a 1% chance of accomplishing what Brady did, no matter how many yards they throw for.

You. Are. A. Moron.

Given that most people base GOAT status on number of titles and overall numbers as a buffer, your original assessment that Mahomes, Allen and Burrow as "greats" in comparison to Brady is still lacking.

So, no, we likely won't see a guy like Tom Brady in the next decade. We'll see a lot of Drew Brees' though, especially with the way the game is moving towards scoring/passing.

Much like everything else, you're wrong.

Last edited:
- Kentucky wasn't getting Ian Jackson once reclassification became a very real thing for him, IMO. Can't blame the kid for that...coming in alongside Wagner/Dillingham/Edwards probably isn't what he had in mind. If he'd been set on coming in '24, I think he'd be Lexington-bound.

- Hasn't been mentioned in GYERO, but Huggs (or someone higher up at WVU) canning his long-time assistant, mid-season, is something I don't think I've ever seen before. I mean, I've seen it happen when a guy was under investigation for something, but it doesn't appear to be the case here. Shocked that Huggins would make that move midstream unless it was forced on him, unless there's something else that's yet to be revealed.

- Happened to be in Cincinnati for an overnight that was planned before the playoffs. Not a Bengals fan, but very cool to see how hyped the city was. Uber driver took us past the stadium late in the first half, and I was a bit jealous when I looked in at that crowd. I wish I could have opened the hotel room window when Hubbard returned that fumble, because I bet I would've been able to hear the crowd from a mile away.

- MLB expansion talk....ugh. Just stop it already.

Waffle House is so damn good. I think I gained 25 pounds my first semester at Charleston because of it and late night frequencies to the place.

I can still remember the head cook, Shariffa. She didn’t take no shit and would easily throw someone out the joint for “actin a fool”.

The sound & smell of the hash browns sizzling on that flat top…🔥🔥🔥

Shorts
-Lamar WAS offered 250 Million by the Ravens and turned it down to "bet on himself" shortly after he fired his agent.... whom I'm assuming told him, "he's a f*cking idiot for turning down that offer"

-9pm game. 😫

-Red Legs @ Fenway this season. Sucks those always seem to be during the week.

-Little guy seems to be all in on the sports like his big brother. That's a good thing. Was hoping for a southpaw but appears he's also a righty.

-Philip Seymore Hoffman in Along Came Polly, what a character. One of my all time favorites.

-Digital Menus and Tickets are the worst.

-Fitness folks, we're doing that Sweat4Surgeries charity workout on the 25th 27th at 6p if anyone wants to join. Always a good time.

Last edited:
Shorts:

-Can't be understated how bad PTI(pti) sucks at ordering breakfast. Plain hash browns at Waffle House is even worse than his plain sausage biscuit McD's order.

(Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Peppered for dog dad btw)

-Speaking of food, I found The Menu on HBO to be a really fun little watch.

-We can lose the DAWG part, but just another example of why I love this kid. Just understands basketball.

-The dreaded 9pm game vs a wack team. Ugh. Alll I'm hoping for tonight is no real regression, or a complete dud. Show some life, see some more good lineups, and win the damn game w/ no true stress. Too much?

Also, have forgotten multiple times this year Mike White is the coach. That's just weird imo.

-Losing track of how many of my friends & acquaintances on FB are losing their dogs, or having serious issues the past few weeks. Need that to chill, please!

-Shout to Toby and his great company for 2 prompt visits this weekend. Disaster avoided....for now, but on borrowed time. Don't buy a house with 20 year old HVAC, Furnace, Hot Water Heater. First 2 replaced within a year, and the latter on deck.

-Really jacked about the Netflix PGA series. It's 100% going to be awesome.

-I've had some great Tortas, but most of the time the bread is just way too much...just not what I'd call a balanced sandwich. The spectrum from Great to Poor is very wide. Gimme some street Tacos or a burrito instead almost every time.

-Lamar didn't even attend the damn game to support his teammates. Stop it.

-Anyone else worship candles? They're like having a friend around, imo. Sitting on about 20 currently, but always adding.

- Kentucky wasn't getting Ian Jackson once reclassification became a very real thing for him, IMO. Can't blame the kid for that...coming in alongside Wagner/Dillingham/Edwards probably isn't what he had in mind. If he'd been set on coming in '24, I think he'd be Lexington-bound.

- Hasn't been mentioned in GYERO, but Huggs (or someone higher up at WVU) canning his long-time assistant, mid-season, is something I don't think I've ever seen before. I mean, I've seen it happen when a guy was under investigation for something, but it doesn't appear to be the case here. Shocked that Huggins would make that move midstream unless it was forced on him, unless there's something else that's yet to be revealed.

- Happened to be in Cincinnati for an overnight that was planned before the playoffs. Not a Bengals fan, but very cool to see how hyped the city was. Uber driver took us past the stadium late in the first half, and I was a bit jealous when I looked in at that crowd. I wish I could have opened the hotel room window when Hubbard returned that fumble, because I bet I would've been able to hear the crowd from a mile away.

- MLB expansion talk....ugh. Just stop it already.
I can see the stadium when I walk my dog. Big fan of the light shows they’ve been putting on. Bengals have created a PALPABLE buzz around the tri state area. Kinda wish they didn’t have 3/5 OL starters injured but whatevs.

Also a big fan of the post victory celebration video they’ve been using this year:

That (and hundreds of millions of dollars) is why Burrow is going to stay in Cincinnati.

Shorts:

-Can't be understated how bad PTI(pti) sucks at ordering breakfast. Plain hash browns at Waffle House is even worse than his plain sausage biscuit McD's order.

(Scattered, Smothered, Covered, Peppered for dog dad btw)

-Speaking of food, I found The Menu on HBO to be a really fun little watch.

-We can lose the DAWG part, but just another example of why I love this kid. Just understands basketball.

-The dreaded 9pm game vs a wack team. Ugh. Alll I'm hoping for tonight is no real regression, or a complete dud. Show some life, see some more good lineups, and win the damn game w/ no true stress. Too much?

Also, have forgotten multiple times this year Mike White is the coach. That's just weird imo.

-Losing track of how many of my friends & acquaintances on FB are losing their dogs, or having serious issues the past few weeks. Need that to chill, please!

-Shout to Toby and his great company for 2 prompt visits this weekend. Disaster avoided....for now, but on borrowed time. Don't buy a house with 20 year old HVAC, Furnace, Hot Water Heater. First 2 replaced within a year, and the latter on deck.

-Really jacked about the Netflix PGA series. It's 100% going to be awesome.

-I've had some great Tortas, but most of the time the bread is just way too much...just not what I'd call a balanced sandwich. The spectrum from Great to Poor is very wide. Gimme some street Tacos or a burrito instead almost every time.

-Lamar didn't even attend the damn game to support his teammates. Stop it.

-Anyone else worship candles? They're like having a friend around, imo. Sitting on about 20 currently, but always adding.
Really hoping Thiero isn't this years version of Bryce Hopkins. Comes in and does good things, then gets vanished. Ends up transferring and averages 17 and 9.
I really hope the kid gets more PT.

Cincy, like Lexington, when the teams are doing well, the city is abuzz. Very vibrant downtown, everyone wants to be a part of it.

As a breakfast guy, impressed by Lawrence and his Waffle House love.
I'm a mom and pop diner guy so gimme Ft Wright Diner.

Someone may be dumb enough to pay Lamar but his timing is awful given plethora of available QB's who will be on the market.

Working in basement, candles are your friend.

Reactions: jayroon
I still have 2 cases of WH coffee mugs, bag of WH socks, a box of WH shirts, several WH tumblers and whatever else the BIL has gifted us the last few years.

Seriously, someone take this shit from me because I just want the All-Star.

• Love
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Lamar is about to get the franchise tag which means $45 million per year for the next two years until signing something longer term.

Candle guy. I get hooked into the B&BW 3 wick sales everytime. Closet in one of guest rooms has no less than 2 unopened boxes of candles, hand soap, and body wash. Just a sucker for some of their sales.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT