ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my good friends is a HS girls basketball coach, a good coach with a good team. We talk a lot about basketball. He has lineups designed around spacing and ball handling, adjusts defense accordingly, sometimes switching up zone to man depending on makes and misses, his rotation, etc.

High school girls basketball.

Meanwhile, our 9 million dollar a year lifetime contract HOF basketball coach can’t be bothered to do anything but sub like he’s pulling names out of a hat and make zero adjustments on either side of the ball…just mumbles coach speak about being tougher and hitting shots.

I feel bad for our players, actually like most of them when put in positions to succeed…but they are not.

Coaching malpractice, period.

The last 3 years of my grandfather's life he would record the game on DVR and then check the score. If we won, he'd check it out, if not, he'd delete the DVR and go about his woodworking/business etc. This was 2014-2017 and really the end of the golden years.

It baffled me but I'm essentially there with this team/coach. I'm not even sure I want to watch us win as that would either require directional state/UL as an opponent or us dragging a D1 team into a rockfight.

Make this mfer accountable Eli. Mitch too.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
-actually, that's an interesting subject for a "webinar". And ultimately they're just defending their old man...can't blame them.

-speaking of old man: dad admitted to hospital for a-fib/fluid on the lungs/pneumonia. I stayed with him last night/slept for crap...home at 11am shower/napped through the game*.

*he's on the mend...and I didn't have to watch this shitshow. Profit.

-nothing to add about Cal...he's a disaster, and wish more folks saw what I and others saw 5 years ago, but Is what it is.

^there is no coming back. He's too arrogant...and bjw holds a grudge like no other. In that light I hope we don't win another game with him at the helm...it's the only way he'll be gone soon. He can act nonchalant...but his ego can only take so much abuse and the abuse is nationwide now. Fingers crossed.

Wife got me this as a gag Christmas gift. Seems pretty apropos right now.

IMG_3710.jpg

I get all boned up with 2-3 shooters on the floor. Tells you everything about our idiot coach.
At one point today in the first half we had Wheeler, Ugo, Theiro, Collins, and Livingston on the floor. I just don't understand how Cal would explain that. How could anyone legitimately want that in any game, let alone a game like today.

Can someone anyone explain Raiders owner Mark Davis’s haircut?

At one point today in the first half we had Wheeler, Ugo, Theiro, Collins, and Livingston on the floor. I just don't understand how Cal would explain that. How could anyone legitimately want that in any game, let alone a game like today.

"Yeah, I thought about that. I look down the line and I can see we got a few guys who's hearts are broken and they just aren't in the game, ya know? We got Cason with foul trouble and Oscar isn't playing right and I'm thinking, who can I go to? What do I have? Weird lineup, for sure, but gritty. Defensive edge to those guys and you knew they would fight for rebounds. which reminds me of my first coaching gig as an assistant at Pedantic State University. Bunch of undersized guys but they had heart and got after it. It was so wild I asked Tyler (Ulis) at the end of the game, how'd those guys do with rebounding? Said they were minus four. Remarkable. Just didn't have it today. We gotta be tougher. Starts with me though everyone, don't pin this on the kids.

Before I get out of here, my niece was in town so I offered her a position as media consultant and director of basketball operations. Please direct your questions to her for future reference.

Thanks!"

I enjoyed that couple of minutes seeing Collins playing the 5 rim-running, blocking shots. He’s not an elite player but he’d be a decent 5 off the bench in situations like today where Tshiebwe is being effectively targeted.

And there it is, folks.

The kid just smeared diarrhea all over the bathroom wall and is screaming about not putting on pants in 40 degree weather but I swear there’s something to be positive about because she has one out of two socks on.

Marcus.

Can’t go after the family but I find it hilarious how quiet they are now after how loud they are when we are winning. It’s the exact opposite of the people that go after them… quiet when winning, loud when losing.

Both sides noisy when the other side can’t talk shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT