ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling too much Phoenix love today, so I’m going with the Clips tonight.

Booker has no experience “adjusting” and the Clips will come up with something to make the team beat them.
Keep slinging lumber (professionally and in the morning) and bourbon, my man, because I'm not sure your fortunes lie in GAMBOL.

* I am fascinated by the Suns/Clippers series. I wish the games started a little earlier so I could watch more of the action but there are so many crazy wrinkles in this one that I am kind of obsessed. You've got Booker making the leap to possible superstar and perennial All-NBA status, Ayton looking like taking him over Luka might not have been the mistake everyone made it to be, the tension of which team can without its best player longer, a bunch of Cats in the mix, Tyronn Lue coaching his ass off with an odd collection of good rotation guys, etc.

I like it much better than just seeing Western Superteam A play Western Superteam B to see who gets to kick the ass of the Eastern Conference Champion for the title.

* If Levis is Coen's handpicked choice and comes in and takes the QB job straight away, my optimism for this season will be through the roof. That kid has a rocket and some wheels. He could be what we thought we were getting from Terry Touchdown before the kid got injured.

Keep slinging lumber (professionally and in the morning) and bourbon, my man, because I'm not sure your fortunes lie in GAMBOL.

I’m not sure if you understand gambol, but I got the game Clippers +4.5 and the Halftime line Clippers +2.5 while down 1. I hit both of those.

Sure I thought they’d win, and they came a lot closer than I really wanted as I also have money on Phoenix to win the finals.

Anywho, keep on keeping up with me, as my extended family says “we are free entertainment”.

I said what I said, randoms:

*Gridiron cats win the east this year.

*Tim Duncan > Kobe Bryant

*While I think I'm going to love TyTy Washington I don't think I'll enjoy the Skyy Clark experience.

*Very, very few things purify the soul as much as a good trout fishing experience with a fly rod.

*Being mindful of moderation and self-policing has served me much better over the years than hard and fast rules, to each their own.

*PGA is better in August, at least it had an identity as the last chance to grab a major. I hate the major season being over in July...at least we have the Ryder Cup this year.

*Seems like there is plenty of blame to go around re: Reed Sheppard, however, I feel like if Jeff wanted to make it happen Cal would make it happen.

Heading to the Queen City next Thursday to catch the Redlegs and Spanish Fathers. My son is excited to see Tatis and Machado but will be pulling for the Reds (even though he doesn’t know one player). His words.

Staying at a Holiday Inn in Covington that I hope is satisfactory. May do the Aquarium the next day if it is worth it (what says my NKY GYERO peeps?)

Dead Period is quickly approaching! Good time to clean up the landscape and fill up the garage fridge!

Scored a Weber grill for Father’s Day. I’ll be wearing that out these next few months. Lots of indirect heat so I can take my time emptying the restocked garage fridge. IYKYK.

I absolutely loathe the “if you know you know” trend circulating on social media these days.

I’m not sure if there is such a thing as “authentic” Cuban mustard, but I bought some last week. Do yourself a favor and get some. It’s a perfect sandwich condiment.

Last edited:
Reactions: HymanKaplan
I heard the Rex interview driving into work yesterday. He’s promoting his new podcast and his Twitter stuff. Dude will say anything to garner attention for himself. Pretty soon these national radio guys will catch on to:

a) Rex isn’t that smart; he’s filling in for someone.

2) he’s full of baloney or at best, prone to extreme hyperbole.

I thought DP’s tone became a little suspicious toward the end of that interview.

Yeah, I would change your lodging reservations, Strokin. The Newport Hampton Inn is new and sits on the riverfront, right next to the aquarium and a bunch of restaurants you can walk to. It is also next to a bridge you can walk across that will take you directly to the plaza of the ballpark. (It also sits on the hallowed ground of the former Newport Travellodge)

The Covington Holiday Inn is not near anything and is in a shitty area.

Yeah, I would change your lodging reservations, Strokin. The Newport Hampton Inn is new and sits on the riverfront, right next to the aquarium and a bunch of restaurants you can walk to. It is also next to a bridge you can walk across that will take you directly to the plaza of the ballpark. (It also sits on the hallowed ground of the former Newport Travellodge)

The Covington Holiday Inn is not near anything and is in a shitty area.
Oh so the Covington White Castle isn’t “anything”?!?!

Another aristocrat!

Question out of curiosity, when Rex worked for UK, what do you think his salary was? I have no idea and wouldn’t be surprised if he was paid as a part-time gig and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was 6 figures.

Last edited:
"A massive country music festival in Kentucky this past weekend started off on rocky footing: Police found meth, marijuana, and an open bottle of alcohol in the first vehicle they stopped at a traffic checkpoint. One of the people in the car had two active warrants out for their arrest.

“We were like, ‘Well, this doesn’t bode well for the weekend,’” Edmonson County Sheriff Shane Doyle told the Lexington Herald-Leader.

By the end of the five-day bash, dubbed the “Redneck Rave,” one man had been impaled, one woman had been strangled to the point of unconsciousness, and one throat had been slit. In all, Edmonson authorities arrested 14 people, and charged four dozen people from five states."

The 80’s were so outrageous. I feel like a ton of that fashion has come back. Bright colors, neon, shorter shorts, even basketball uniforms are going back to the cleaner retro look (except Kentucky where we honor a dead horse from Virginia because MilqueToast).

The one thing that hasn’t come back and I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing is…

The reals know that the PERFECT time slot to have your yard guy (This is GYERO you do not mow your own yard, leave it to the peasants) is Friday afternoon around 5ish. Perfect yard for the weekend and it gets cut a few hours before sunset so minimum exposure to summer heat after getting freshly cut. Sprinklers run Sunday thru Thursday from 6-8 PM.

Masked Booker - please let it happen. It would be epic game 3, he comes out looking like Jason, drops fitty on the Clips. Then talk all the shit to Cousins. That was a BS move shoving him at the end of the game, even Rondo comes and jaws at him. WTF ?

-UK vs KU in the SEC/B12. How original.

-Bombed myself with cough/cold and tonin at 8p. Missed all the excitement. Good for Dev. Chris Paul is still a bitch.

-1:45a random wake up and ponder life questions. Mind: "You should really think about reducing caffeine intake and schedule a physical." Body: "F*ck you, Tony"

-Alex Caruso arrested for carrying small amounts of marijuana. 😐 Gotta be a real dick cop to just not throw it in the trash and let him go. It's legal in most of the country. GTFO.

-This weather. Yeeeeeeah, Buddy. (kirkdo voice)

-LtSK is correct. Not a lot fly fishing can't resolve. Something about it is soothing af.

-That Redneck Rave sounds awful. Central 65 corridor with Horse Cave, Glasgow, Cave City Smith's Grove is easily the oddest and probably worst portion of the state. It's also where one branch of my family is from. By far the shittiest branch. Fairly certain they just crawled right out of one of the caves. Yuck. Trade to TN for the rest of KY Lake, Dale Hollow, or more mountains.

-Clay Travis is a turd. He has no spine. Floppy invertebrate. Probably has ties to Horse Cave.

-Ok, need a food random to round this out... I'll get back to y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT