ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in Harlan but grew up on Cloverlick in Cumberland. Around elementary school, I moved to Corbin with my mom and step dad when he transferred to the CSX Corbin yard. I spent some time in Lex but planted my roots in Corbin. When my time is over, I'll go back to Harlan County to be put in the ground next to dad, my papaw, and uncles up at the head of Cloverlick in our family graveyard.

Where in Lynch? I think #3 is where Papaw and them grew up. It was a big green house on the right if you're headed up towards the mountain. I love it up there and used to play ball at the courts on Congo Straight just as you head into Lynch before the Social Club.
They live in #1, right there off main st

How epic was that performance by Kawhi last night? Good lord.

With all the new exciting young talent, it's like people stopped talking about how GD good that guy is.

-Few things I love more these days than a Triple Crown/BC racing card. Flat worship. Pretty much every notable (non-Baffert) horse in America is racing today starting right here in Race 3. 8 Grade 1s :fire:

Last edited:
Little man just keeps growing. Won’t bother me if he’s 6’6 and 250. Anybody in Lex got a good karate instructor for kids?

Karate? This isn’t the 80s bubba. Jiu Jitsu is where it’s at, actually a legit fighting/training style. Try that. More expensive but worth it.
Karate? This isn’t the 80s bubba. Jiu Jitsu is where it’s at, actually a legit fighting/training style. Try that. More expensive but worth it.

Reactions: drxman1
Can we stop deer lowered, please? It’s the same as rupps rafters saying UNCheat, Iwho, Loserville, etc. shit I said when I was 16. Thanks!

Sunday Shorts:

- Met Cal yesterday.

- Found a female basketball fan whose analysis I actually enjoy- that Seerat Sohi The Ringer just hired.

- Barely hear from the guy all week, but you know Friday night in the Dad Hour WynnDuffy is going to come in half-cocked dropping some smoke Rashad Carruth style. Always a nice little treat.

- Herro just knocked up a hyper-buttocksed Instagram model. Good job.

- Brooks just carries himself with an air of rock solid maturity. I think this roster construction helps him as much as anyone.

- No spoilers please but 4 episodes into “Mare of Eastland” and I’m hooked. Great so far.

- Last night, found this movie from a decade ago that I’d never heard of but had a loaded cast and meets one of my favorite film motifs - the “guy returns to hometown” plot line. Even when it’s mediocre, I always enjoy it - “Beautiful Girls” is a good example. This one was called “10 Years” and is about a 10 year high school reunion. Wasn’t great by any means but look at this cast - it’s absurd.

Channing Tatum
Oscar Isaac
Jenna Dewan
Kate Mara
Rosario Dawson
Chris Pratt
Justin Long
Aubrey Plaza
Anthony Mackie
Ron Livingston
Jason Street from FNL
That guy who’s best friends with the twins in The Social Network

Wouldn’t be shocked if the Heat move on from Tyler Herro. Kid is too much of a distraction. South Beach was probably the worst spot for him. Would be good for him to get traded to Minnesota or Sacramento or similar.
Can not believe the Heat didn’t include him in a trade in the off-season when his stock will never be higher. Don’t get me wrong, I think he is a solid nba player but read some reports that the heat wouldn’t include him in a James harden deal?! GTFOH! I see him as a 4th or 5th option on a legit playoff team averaging 13-15ppg. But his stock was never higher than last year and this isn’t even including the immaturity issues. Guarantee ya he’s gonna want a max extension in a few years. Sadly, some team will be stupid enough to pay it.

He’s 21 for Pete’s sake. He will be fine and the league places a premium on players like him.

This isn’t the early 2000’s NBA when franchises would draft players, throw 90
million at them and let them fend for themselves. Coaches, trainers, summer leagues are all in on making certain the franchises get a return on their investment. Plus, Herro will be motivated by that impending 2nd contract where you make big money.

My Papaw on Mom's side was ETO veteran. Part of 79th infantry division that went into France on D-day+6, fought at Battle of Bulge, when war ended had reached Austrian-Czechslovakian border. His company had massive casualties over course of combat, roughly 40 of 180 in original group that went into France on June 12 that were not casualties when it was over. Other Papaw was in Pacific who was in combat at Okinawa and then a veteran of Korea later on. Completely awed at the bravery of these guys and you wonder if you could do what they did and also think how amazing it is that myself, my kids, my parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins are even here while some other family never had future generations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT