ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisville is fine, but its citizens are very sensitive to criticism. Definitely a sign of low confidence, sad.

Kanye was so good in the early aughts. He needs to turn off the world for a decade or so and get himself straightened out.

Selling a townhouse to a couple from Alaska, they've never seen the house or even been to Kentucky. They are signing today, then shipping the documents for me to sign Monday. Strange market we are in here.

Opening game of the post season in tball on Saturday, then getting the youngest baptized Sunday.

I really like this new DB coach we've hired. We're losing ground with Clink's departure, but this guy won't be a step down in the long run.

I need a new smoker, but I'm torn on which to get. Leaning toward Camp Chef pellet currently.

Friday 5

Night Shift - OAR
Something Bout A Boat - Buffet
In The Meantime - Spacehog
Gone Till November- Wyclef
What I Got - Sublime

Agree. Almost as bad as some 8 year old selling stuff so his AAU team can go play in Texas in some hoops jamboree. Stop it. I know who your dad is.
I'd actually argue it's not close to as bad as asking someone for their hard-earned cash so that your 8-year old can go play in a tournament in a different state. They're the WORST.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
- Little man turns 5 today. He wanted a shark cake and a trampoline, and will have both. Enjoy it buddy!

- Finally had the family realize this house to accolade my family and my stepdad was going to cost too much. Despite telling them the whole time it didn’t sink in until it was time to close on construction loan and they had to write a check that would pay off my current house.

Better late than too late!

- Selling the lot now and remodel the current house starts week after next. Something that could have been done in March, but thankful as F I’m not overworked, running a business and building a home.

My marriage honestly may have finally failed with that much in our plate.

- Can’t wait to see what the Lakers decide to do with this group. They are so lucky last year was in a bubble with no travel.

- Got bombed today with fantasy football emails. I had totally forgot my 32 man league started their rookie draft today. Also not sure I want to make time for this shit right now.

- How old were you when you started golf? My 11 yr old is intrigued. Tall and lanky so maybe it would work.

- 3 months away from some legit SEC football.

- Inventory is tomorrow at work. Always fun to see their reaction to how much stuff we give away without telling managers.

Louisville is fine, but its citizens are very sensitive to criticism. Definitely a sign of low confidence, sad.

Or perhaps those of us born, raised, and making our lives here are tired of the self-righteous bullshit from those who come once a year and get dropped off/picked up in a party van on Central Avenue.

F off.

Had some 15 year old come by and try and sell me a lawn service the other day. Dont know if you guys have experienced it but it was one of those over the top cheesy comedy act things to try and sell. Think King Llama selling fertilizer. Very pushy and obnoxious and I literally told him whoever trained you to sell like this is a touching moron. What a twat.

Going to the memorial tomorrow, never been and looks like we’ve been blessed with good weather. I know nothing about golf but pretty excited to experience it - especially now that everything is 5000 times better because we’re all opened up.

Never ended up putting masks on the kiddos during our super fun plane trip back. They walked through all of the Atlanta airport, had lunch there, got back on the flight, went through Columbus airport. Not a single peep from anyone. That to me signals everyone is over it, as the airlines have been very strict about it.

Reactions: 80 Proof
I also agree Louisville is on it's way back. Yeah, downtown is a boarded up shithole, but good riddance. Now voters will stop dumping any more money down there for places like 4th Street Live. The cultural center moved to the East end, which is great.

Had some 15 year old come by and try and sell me a lawn service the other day. Dont know if you guys have experienced it but it was one of those over the top cheesy comedy act things to try and sell. Think King Llama selling fertilizer. Very pushy and obnoxious and I literally told him whoever trained you to sell like this is a touching moron. What a twat.

Who are you, where did you come from, and when are you going back?

Reactions: Ron Mehico
- Tournament starts tomorrow. Whatever the result, it’s been a fun season coaching alongside Coach Tony. A little sad that this crew will be broken up next year via the draft. Been together a long time, and most are good friends outside of baseball.
Y'all need to learn something from Harris and keep those kids together forever on a stacked team.

Or perhaps those of us born, raised, and making our lives here are tired of the self-righteous bullshit from those who come once a year and get dropped off/picked up in a party van on Central Avenue.

F off.

-this is an fair and appropriate response, tbh.

-i like Louisville a lot. Fond memories of the Galt house, buying my Rickenbacker 360 in "jet glow" at guitar emporium, rugby matches at Cherokee,trips to ear xtacy and electric lady land, gigs at phoenix hill/gerstles, seeing bands at butcher town pub...last call at outlook inn. Etc.

-that said...Fischer and his ilk is killing y'all. I would donate to the "M**** for Mayor" campaign fund in a hot minute.

*That's catchy.

- Going to a celebration of life tomorrow for my brother in law that passed away last November. He was huge Wildcat fan and we had some great times going to games. He also went to 31 Indy 500s in a row and I miss him everyday.

- Friday 5 (Old guy edition)
When the levee breaks - Led Zeppelin
For whom the bell tolls - Metallica
Walk Away - Joe Walsh
Monkey Man - Rolling Stones
(I'll give you) Money - Peter Frampton

F off.
Actually the parking lot off Taylor. We try to avoid the "protesters" on Central these days.

Sorry if my comments hurt your feelings.

Reactions: HHKAT and rudd1
I Love Lexington. I love Louisville. And I totally love Versailles that's only 15 minutes to downtown Lexington, 45 minutes to Gene Snyder, and we get both Lexington and Louisville TV stations.

While both cities have their things they excel at, I much prefer Lexington. It's a big small town in the middle of paradise with horse farms being the trump card.

Keeneland > Churchill, UK > UofL, Lexington Citizens (Probably because we have more of those down home Eastern KY folks) > Louisville Citizens, Less Crime, Less Rioting. As bad as Lexington traffic is, it's still better than Louisville's. An hour closer to Florida and South Carolina. Easier airport to get in and out of (although less direct flights which Louisville kicks ass in) Even our Jeff Ruby's is better than Louisville Jeff Ruby's. #facts

Honestly, I could go on and on, and that's with me still adoring Louisville the city.

One thing Louisville dominates Lexington in is the private school tangent. Pretty disappointing to think of the options 70 miles down the road versus what we have in Lexington for private high schools. Which leads me to this.

Louisville Catholics > Lexington Catholics. It's not even close really.

And Northern Kentucky just isn't in the conversation. People don't go to Northern KY to visit. Northern KY is a bedroom community, or a pit stop to get gas on your way to the stinky pit known as Cincinnati. Cinci-stinkin-nati filled with people screaming O H - I O and celebrating throughout downtown the wonderful, glorious animal, the pig. If it weren't for Hyde Park, Kenwood, their amazing German heritage, or when the Cubs come to town, I'd say build a wall around the city and fill it with holy water.

Father, Son, & Holy Spirit. Have a good day my friends.

Last edited:
I also agree Louisville is on it's way back. Yeah, downtown is a boarded up shithole, but good riddance. Now voters will stop dumping any more money down there for places like 4th Street Live. The cultural center moved to the East end, which is great.

You call K Ned and chain restaurants culture?

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Jessamine County has just as many horse farms, hosted PGA tour events, the Top Seed Open with Serena Williams, produced ACM & CMA award winning country artist John Michael Montf*ckenGomery, RJ Corman and routinely beats Woodford counties ass in 9u baseball. But please, llama, enjoy your fake ass McMansion style “castle” and your mega kroger. Has bonangles closed its doors yet ?? Lol

Jessamine County horse farms
PaYBXsQuW7k-cTuqd1Io9WJTOrGFUF2ZiwrHqjLlZb4LzB13t4cRUJrO04lsL7VmmQf6hm6wMXHxn1fLfObo3qbIOh-7MP0ewuU

You’ll never hear a bad word from me about the great city of Louisville or its fine residents. Frankly, I find the Lexington hate toward the Commonwealth’s largest and most prosperous city envious at best and veering toward disgusting.

I’ve just never been one to “hate on” another city or region. Immature and off-putting, imo.

In The Meantime - Spacehog
Randomly heard this somewhere just the other day literally for the first time in years, probably more than a decade. Brought back a ton of late 90’s memories.

Y'all need to learn something from Harris and keep those kids together forever on a stacked team.
A text from Anth to WWTH may definitely be in order.

Last edited:
One thing Louisville dominates Lexington in is the private school tangent. Pretty disappointing to think of the options 70 miles down the road versus what we have in Lexington for private high schools.

Legit question... why is that? Better public options in Lex drives down demand? Louisville's history with school segregation/busing? Perception of high school importance just a bigger deal in Louisville? All? None?

I need a new smoker, but I'm torn on which to get. Leaning toward Camp Chef pellet currently.

I love my Camp Chef Woodwind Wifi 24.

I just added a smoke tube ($13 on Amazon) to add more smoke.

It really is as easy as using an oven.

I've got the Sear Box on the side, but would probably get the Sidekick if I had a chance to do it all again.

Gimme a shout if you have any questions about it. I've been using it a lot lately.

B Rax, Jessamine County.......... You're funny dude, but now you forced me to rant about this little slice of heaven named Woodford County.

Jessamine Beat the Woodford 9U Batjackets Travel team? Woodford Middle School Just won their District Championship yet again, and little old, Woodford County High school won the state baseball championship in the last 10 years, and I cant see where any team in Jessamine County has won a championship in anything baseball related. Woodford is also perennial Wrestling badasses.

Even with being able to a quarter of the way claim Sturgill, you got us on John Michael. You got us on PGA Events and Pro Tennis Events too. Congratulations, that's quite the feat. I guess we win on Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Champion horses.

That you even said that Jessamine has just as many horse farms is a complete and total falsity. Its strange I've never heard of anyone ever say "Nicholasville Kentucky, The HORSE Capital Of The World!"

RJ Corman was self made, built an incredible business employing hundreds of Kentuckians, and was simply an amazing guy, but his net worth was valued at $270M when he passed. I guess we don't need to think of the Jacksons who own Stone Street Farm in WOODFORD COUNTY, and this booze company they own called Kendall Jackson wines that's valued at $1.8B.

Or maybe Winstar Farm owner and self made billionaire Kenny Troutt IN WOODFORD COUNTY that's worth $1.5B? I know there's several more B-B-B-Billionaires in Woodford County, but no need to bore you with the details.

But hey, look at this way, Jessamine did make a Top 10 list, coming in at #10 for counties with the highest income in the State of Kentucky. But dang it, looky there, Woodford is at #6.
https://www.lanereport.com/130796/2020/09/study-the-places-with-the-highest-incomes-in-kentucky/

Also congrats on your Top 5 in most Drug Overdose Deaths in the state as well. You must be so proud.
https://foxlexington.com/news/local...rug-overdose-deaths-in-kentucky-report-shows/

Jessamine made #11 in counties with most college educated. Pretty strong when thinking that the state has 120 counties in the Commonwealth. Extraordinary really. But dang it, Woodford came in at #4.
https://stacker.com/stories/12171/counties-most-college-graduates-kentucky

Woodford comes in at #8 as one of the top school districts in the state. Jessamine isn't even mentioned in the Top 50.
https://backgroundchecks.org/top-school-districts-in-kentucky.html

Kentucky Castle > The Nicholasville Castle Pawn Shop
Versailles Kroger > Nicholasville Save A Lot
Versailles Rd Traffic > Nicholasville Road Traffic
Number of Horse Farms = Woodford
Number of State High School Sports Championships = Woodford
Higher Income Level = Woodford
Better School District = Woodford
Overall Less Dumb People = Woodford
Travel Time to Lexington & Louisville = Woodford
Meth Distribution Champions of Central Kentucky = Jessamine
Kentucky County Person Is From To Mostly Likely Write You A Cold Check = Jessamine
County In Central Kentucky To Have The Most Males with 6 kids from 6 Different Women = Jessamine
Central Kentucky County with most Backyard Concrete Statue Retailers = Jessamine

Woodford County > Jessamine County and don't you ever forget it.
Foggy-Horse-Farm-cr-Gene-Burch-courtesy-VisitLEX.jpg

Last edited:
I said East End. I'm throwing you (and your neighbors who haven't seen or talked to a black person in years, but have BLM signs all over their yard) a bone too.

I like you but go touch yourself. I live in a beautiful historic neighborhood that is unique to Louisville. I’m in a heavily wooded area next to a world class park yet minutes away from the city.

What Huber said, but Sturgill Simpson graduated from WCHS. Pretty sure JMM dropped out of JCHS, which further enforces the point.

B Rax, Jessamine County youre funny dude, but now you forced me to rant about this little slice of heaven named Woodford County.

Jessamine Beat the Woodford 9U Batjackets Travel team? Woodford Middle School Just won their District Championship yet again, and little old, Woodford County High school won the state baseball championship in the last 10 years, and I cant see where any team in Jessamine County has won a championship in anything baseball related. Woodford is also perennial Wrestling badasses.

Even with being able to a quarter of the way claim Sturgill, you got us on John Michael. You got us on PGA Events and Pro Tennis Events too. Congratulations, that's quite the feat. I guess we win on Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Champion horses.

That you even said that Jessamine has just as many horse farms is a complete and total falsity. Its strange I've never heard of anyone ever say "Nicholasville Kentucky, The HORSE Capital Of The World!"

RJ Corman was self made, built an incredible business employing hundreds of Kentuckians, and was simply an amazing guy, but his net worth was valued at $270M when he passed. I guess we don't need to think of the Jacksons who own Stone Street Farm in WOODFORD COUNTY, and this booze company they own called Kendall Jackson wines that's valued at $1.8B.

Or maybe Winstar Farm owner and self made billionaire Kenny Troutt IN WOODFORD COUNTY that's worth $1.5B? I know there's several more B-B-B-Billionaires in Woodford County, but no need to bore you with the details.

But hey, look at this way, Jessamine did make a Top 10 list, coming in at #10 for counties with the highest income in the State of Kentucky. But dang it, looky there, Woodford is at #6.
https://www.lanereport.com/130796/2020/09/study-the-places-with-the-highest-incomes-in-kentucky/

Also congrats on your Top 5 in most Drug Overdose Deaths in the state as well. You must be so proud.
https://foxlexington.com/news/local...rug-overdose-deaths-in-kentucky-report-shows/

Jessamine made #11 in counties with most college educated. Pretty strong when thinking that the state has 120 counties in the Commonwealth. Extraordinary really. But dang it, Woodford came in at #4.
https://stacker.com/stories/12171/counties-most-college-graduates-kentucky

Woodford comes in at #8 as one of the top school districts in the state. Jessamine isn't even mentioned in the Top 50.
https://backgroundchecks.org/top-school-districts-in-kentucky.html

Kentucky Castle > The Nicholasville Castle Pawn Shop
Versailles Kroger > Nicholasville Save A Lot
Versailles Rd Traffic > Nicholasville Road Traffic
Number of Horse Farms = Woodford
Number of State High School Sports Championships = Woodford
Higher Income Level = Woodford
Better School District = Woodford
Overall Less Dumb People = Woodford
Travel Time to Lexington & Louisville = Woodford
Meth Distribution Champions of Central Kentucky = Jessamine
Kentucky County Person Is From To Mostly Likely Write You A Cold Check = Jessamine
County In Central Kentucky To Have The Most Males with 6 kids from 6 Different Women = Jessamine
Central Kentucky County with most Backyard Concrete Statue Retailers = Jessamine

Woodford County > Jessamine County and don't you ever forget it.
Foggy-Horse-Farm-cr-Gene-Burch-courtesy-VisitLEX.jpg
😂😂😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT