ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my niece to see The Avengers this past weekend. I was happy at the end bc I thought for a second it meant the end of comic book movies. I know better though.

I'm not a Foo Fighters fan at all but Everlong is a great song. It's also one of David Letterman's fav songs. He had them perform it live on his last show.

Ron Mercer's jersey needs to be retired. He may be the most under appreciated Cat of all time. 20 in the title game his freshman year and then carried us to another title game... he's a legend in my mind.

Derby: Not sure but light tan slacks, blue coat, might be the start and of course brown gamo loafs. I've really started trending to comfort on Derby these days. Sucker gets looooong.

Where you sittin' for Derby?

Think I made my first post on the old Kentucky Sports Report in the year 2000. 18 years of nonsense!

Reactions: NotchLickKat
Ron Mercer's jersey needs to be retired. He may be the most under appreciated Cat of all time. 20 in the title game his freshman year and then carried us to another title game... he's a legend in my mind.

Ron was crackin' a gal in the apartment near us at University Commons. Extremely friendly dude. Would often stop and chat. I'd say he's still the most watched recruit for me personally of all time, and this was before the interwebs at my house.

Have started calling my daughter "DO DO" lately
(as in "DO DO BIRD)

I was in the pool thinking about a DILBERT cartoon

These 2 innocuous things entered the brain lane simultaneously as I was telling my daughter to get out of the pool

and what came out was

GET OUT OF THE POOL YOU LITTLE DILDO!!!!

I saw two women quickly take the children in their charge and leave

It was my first trip to the neighborhood pool

all in a days work

Foo Fighters = Nickelback is about as stupid as Davis= Henson.

Great show. Love Dave Grohl. 3 hours.

-its worse. Members of the foo's have played in seminal bands like: Nirvana, Germs and the meat puppets. Nickleback is Canadian...and shitty.

-far from a superfan. I own the first two albums. Dave Grohl *is* a cool mother****er. Check out him and Bob Mould of Husker Du/Sugar on you tube...or don't, rubes.

-metric is the best modern Canadian artist.

-good show. Covered queen, Ramones and ac/dc. Opening act(the struts) was throwback 70's glam rock. T-rex/sweet/NY dolls. Strong.

Lol Dave Grohl is considered about as nice and humble of a celebrity as there is.

GYERO is always good for some sillyass music takes.
Saw them in ‘97 in high school at the Brewery Thunderdome (lols)....Dave Grohl spots a little grunge kid (couldn’t have been more than 10 years old...parents!) that snuck in, calls him up on stage, puts him on his shoulders, and proceeds to play a couple songs.

Was pretty cool move imo.

Reactions: rudd1
* More Dave Grohl nonsense...

In May 2006, Grohl sent a note of support to the two trapped miners in the Beaconsfield mine collapse in Tasmania, Australia. In the initial days following the collapse, one of the men requested an iPod with the Foo Fighters album In Your Honor, to be sent down to them through a small hole. Grohl's note read, in part, "Though I'm halfway around the world right now, my heart is with you both, and I want you to know that when you come home, there's two tickets to any Foos show, anywhere, and two cold beers waiting for yous. Deal?"[84] In October 2006, one of the miners took up his offer, joining Grohl for a drink after a Foo Fighters acoustic concert at the Sydney Opera House.[85] Grohl wrote an instrumental piece for the meeting, which he pledged he would include on the band's next album.[86] The song, titled "Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners", appears on Foo Fighters' 2007 release Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, and features Kaki King.

Sounds very staged/contrived/forced. The guy's a real jerk.

* Zappo's ftmfw. I know that Charlie built the company on customer service superiority, but they really crushed it beyond my expectations. I ordered those dress shoes on Monday afternoon, they were delivered Tuesday, and I have a new replacement pair (1/2-size smaller) coming today. So two deliveries and an exchange in 48 hours. The girl I talked to on the phone was a freaking pro, too. She was giddy with excitement that it would ship so quick and the exchange be so simple.

So Ahmad Wagner is basically a combination of LeBron James and Jerry Rice, right???

Dude. I’m on board the hype train. Both feet on the bandwagon. Etc.

It’s been noted on here before but Wodie’s cultural turn around is nothing short of remarkable. As recently as of 6 years ago the dude was getting crap from PTI on how to book flights and now the man seems to travel to highly regarded European cities multiple times per year.

Reactions: wildcat1973
It’s been noted on here before but Wodie’s cultural turn around is nothing short of remarkable. As recently as of 6 years ago the dude was getting crap from PTI on how to book flights and now the man seems to travel to highly regarded European cities multiple times per year.

He’s done a total 180, but thank god for us you’re still the same old yuppie.

#salmonshorts
#salmonshorts
#salmonshorts

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
Ummm, no it doesn’t. It can be mixed with everything and drank in the heat unlike bourbon (which I miss). Tequila is better though.

Not everything can be a much ultra gold bud.

-Concert was great. Glad 80 convinced me to go. Prince and Petty, 2 guys I would have really like to see live, have made me realize I need to catch the greats before I miss my chance. While I'm not the biggest FF fan ever I enjoy their old stuff and realize their place in RR. Really impressed they packed the place on a random Tuesday night.

-Online retail logistics are just awesome. Stinks for brick and mortar but the convenience is unreal. Stopped in the Bonobos store Monday and: they had all my sizes stored, my credit card on file, I didn't carry a thing out and the products will be at my door when I get home tonight. So even the store fronts aren't really pushing products out anymore. Cool stuff.

-What's wrong with a vodka tonic or a chilled premium vodka shot? I can get down with that. Gin is trash.

-The Rex podcast was pretty good except his racism stuff. I get the racism angle back when he was around but Willis getting bigger cheers and more support than Dom? Um, False. GTFO with that nonsense.

Gin and tonic > vodka tonic

I grew up in Rupp's 'golden era' of big arena rock shows (KISS, Queen, Stones, etc.) and last nights FF concert matched or exceeded any of them. And, like Anthony, I'm not a huge fan of their original music but the show they put on is terrific.

Was at a wedding this past week that involved an incredible amount of alcohol and the signature cocktail was the ever classy vodka soda. Had I don't know how many. Like always, as long as the quality is good pretty much all liquor is enjoyable. Except gin, gin is trash.

Very first concert I went to was red hot chili peppers and foo fighters was opening act. Think it was 1996 or so, foo fighters completely stole the show. Comparing them to nickel back is laughable.

May is by far the worst month to follow UK basketball with Calipari as coach. Prefer to bury my head in the sand and wait for summer practice reports after roster is set.

Reactions: Hankshaker
-I've always been a bit taken aback by the rampant affinity for Foo Fighters. I mean, I've just never understood why they were worthy of such praise.

-Really like a Hendrick's & tonic and also a vodka dirty martini.

-Old house closed this morning. Shew... glad that's done, but I've been really sentimental about the house now that the work is over. Hardest room to think about is my little girl's. :(

Oh well. Marriage and kids, like a college education, is pointless.

Last edited:
Jason Riley reporting that Mike Balado was connected to Andre McGee and the prostitute scandal. Does this make him the "Coach Mike" Katina has referenced??? Could Katina Powell have been a prostitute? Was Andre McGee tied in some way to Louisville basketball??? More updates to come in two to three years!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex Kwon Do
Yea, just search the board if you'd like to revisit.

IIRC the premise was that a life pouring drinks for fat american tourists without experiencing or contributing anything of substance, personally or professionally, is the way to do it after all.

One of these days the ground will drop out from beneath your feet (like a backyard well)
One of these days your heart will stop and play its final beat
One of these days the clocks will stop and time won't mean a thing
One of these days their bombs will drop and silence everything

Yea, just search the board if you'd like to revisit.

IIRC the premise was that a life pouring drinks for fat american tourists without experiencing or contributing anything of substance, personally or professionally, is the way to do it after all.
:joy: what’re you contributin to society big guy? Laughable.

I don’t have anything against kids and, in fact, want them. I just think the ancient practice of having to go to the government to confirm you’ve found the person you want to be with forever and establish a binding contract that makes it really difficult to get out of if you change your mind and can ruin you financially is stupid. Call me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT