ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a privileged watching these kids grow-up and mature before our eyes. I can't wait to follow their G-League careers when they take-off in April.

Silver lining, I guess.

[banana] :cool2:

Reactions: _Chase_
12 point lead, intentional foul by Diallo, and here we are. Man he was bad tonight.

But at least he'll be rich in 5 months, I guess.

Really hoping Louisville gets an NBA team sometime soon.

College basketball as a "product" is complete dogshit.

B-rad shooting at a stellar 12% clip from the field for the past two years and 40% from the ft line. 0% from the field for the year. The only time the little shit needs to be on the floor is mop up time when we’re up by 30. He didn’t cost us the game, but the fact that he was playing meaningful minutes regardless of foul trouble is piss poor.

Reactions: Stonewall12
IDGAF if it was his first game back or not, Vando needed to be on the floor the last several minutes of the game.

His vision and playmaking ability was sorely needed, especially after SGA turned turbo timid after what felt like multiple charges anytime he was probed the paint.

God.

Also think PJ needs to hang around the baseline more. Him catching the ball at the top of the key seems to always be an adventure. He telegraphs passes too much and makes wrong reads at times. He needs to be in a position to catch, 1 dribble and explode to the rim a lot like Poythress did... he'll make a living carving up the underbelly of those defenses. The fact that Vanderbilt is back and already facilitating from the top can allow him PJ to slide back down there and float around and pick his spots. This will make the offense better suited based on their skills, I think.

IDGAF if it was his first game back or not, Vando needed to be on the floor the last several minutes of the game.

His vision and playmaking ability was sorely needed, especially after SGA turned turbo timid after what felt like multiple charges anytime he was probed the paint.
Rack this...

Give me Vanderbilt over Diallo for the rest of the season. F that guy.

EJ Floreal could even be of use this season, TS.

Can we swap ENG for Saul Smith? I'm talking present day Saul Smith. At least Saul could get the ball up court and smiled occasionally.

Cal's teams at UK have always been one guard short on the bench. This year it isn't Cal's fault since Jemarl (pronounced "Stephen") Baker is hurt. Hopefully the awesomeness of always having Dominique Hawkins on the bench raring to go is a good lesson. I don't know why it is so hard to go pick up a good, gritty mid-major 6'2 combo guard every other year. Those guys grow on trees in the tournament and aren't a threat to the John Walls, etc.

A guy like Dominique Hawkins changes last night's game.

* Hamidou is becoming exactly who we all feared he would be -- one of those whiny ass NYC guards who think they are about 45 times better than they actually are and revert to cocky-ass, coddled shineball when the chips are down.

NYC pizza is supreme, but Chicago is America's basketball proving ground. I'm not totally opposed to not recruiting guards from New York or New Jersey, tbh. Briscoe and Diallo are basically the same entitled whiny little brat who are both too talented to leave on the bench but seemingly incapable of playing winning basketball or accepting coaching.

* How many years of eligibility does that orange guy for USC have? I'm pretty sure that melungeon backed up Devon Downey.

* The thought of Washington and Vanderbilt developing into a Hayes - Daniels pair of super forwards is too awesome to consider since they'll both leave before UK fans to get to experience that joy.

#Ending Generational Poverty Go Big Blue(TM).

* Nick Richards. Man.

Doesn't Cal have sports psychologists and stuff? This team is full of guys who would make good cornerbacks (Kevin Knox excepted) -- they tend to be mentally tough, confident, and able to ignore past failures and believe that they will do better next time.

But Nick Richards looks defeated and bitchy before he even walks on the court.

Do they still offer Dale Carnegie seminars on self-confidence? That kid needs to spend a week fixing his body language and stop bitching about goddamn everything before he's going to get better at all.

A haircut wouldn't hurt him, either. (That goes for everyone, as 73 pointed out.)

I'm starting to come around to the fact that college officiating is what's going to drive Calipari back to the NBA.

...never see Brad again in meaningful minutes, ever

I've said it before but it's absolutely unfathomable that we're even discussing this. I rarely get redass anymore but seeing his stumpy legs waddle in the game (NOW IN CRITICAL SEQUENCES) makes me absolutely livid.

Willy, please don't reply with one of your trademark compassionate blah blah blah posts about our lack of depth and him trying hard. False in advance. I'm not gonna hear it.

Guys we have an extra scholorship. Do you know how hard it is to find guys to come play here? Brad is doing everyone a favor by not letting a perfectly good scholorship go to waste.

* I guarantee you Mitch secretly hates Brad, or at least prays for that boy to shave his Amish linebeard, or put on a respectable pair of pants.

- Yeah, anything could happen but a soft team with the bare minimum amount of outside shooting isn’t the formula for tourney success.

- Alexander kinda got bullied last night. The Carolina guards completely got into him and he got frustrated.

- There were tons of fouls called but both teams wouldn’t stop hacking/reaching and most of it was completely unnecessary. I might be the only one but I’m not crushing the refs for that.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
- Alexander kinda got bullied last night. The Carolina guards completely got into him and he got frustrated.

Hey you guys it’s 2018, bullying isn’t cool anymore. Let’s all wear pink to raise awareness to stop bullying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT