ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Tomlin was down 10 with a minute to go on Sunday...and completely botched the end of the game. Went all in on the TD and scored with a second left on the clock. KICK THE FG with more time on the clock, and give yourself a chance at an Onsides Kick, and a possible TD drive.

Madden would be a great trainer for these guys. For real. They are good at their jobs, but sometimes, so so so so dumb.

Think they should focus on learning a Final Possession before they get all fancy w/ a 2 for 1.

I agree with that. It's astonishing how terrible plays called in the last 20 seconds are. My personal favorite is the down 1 with 20 seconds left, dribble out top for 17 seconds and jack a heavily contested 25 footer while the rest of your team stands around.

Or the ultimate one is dishing it at the last second to your worst three-point shooting big man and him launching an airball.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Zion announcing at 8pm right before our gameday tipoff. Damn, that's one hell of a troll move...but if he shocks all the experts out there and becomes a cayt, then bygawd the ol' barn will blow the top off.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Kind of answers the question, then. No need to figure out two-for-one if you don't know what to run for a final play anyway.

That (drawing up a final play) was one area where Tubby was pretty good.

Madden would be a great trainer for these guys. For real. They are good at their jobs, but sometimes, so so so so dumb.

Granted, I haven't played Madden since about 2000, but the benefit of the doubt I give to NFL coaches is that as a fan, you're only thinking about the clock situation, whereas when you are a coach you're thinking about the play, personnel, etc. - and I think it's a lot more involved than what you do in even the current version of Madden.

That said, there should just be some basics, such as kicking the football as you described.

I don't think Tomlin should get heat for the onside kick. Usually that goes at least ten yards; most of the time 12-15 before it is down. I think it's the better play with 2:00 left.

So Michigan State allowed that Nassar guy to work for nearly 2 years while under investigation for sexual assault of little girls? Just catching up on the details of that story but damn... it's really ****ed up. Not a punishment adequate for that dude.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Already called off school for tomorrow and we're an Independent "City" School that "never misses."

Go Cats! One of the rare midweek games I get to watch live. Oh, and there are no immediate responsibilities for me the following morning? So this is what it feels like to be a 'dK. Ain't mad at it!

They're a small fanbase — outside of Jefferson County, there aren't very many Louisville fans.

Nice little dig there.

And 100% false to the real Tipton. There is not a single chance in hell he hasn't read some of those tweets. He couldn't avoid it if he tried since he's on twitter.

I say profit off of it now, w&w, while the iron is hot! Put a book (books?) of your tweets together and sell. Have a ghost writer (K-Gar?) write summaries of the embarrassing news stories that led to your tweet history. You could probably publish 4 different editions on UL scandals/tweets alone. Then you could probably print one entire edition on Pat Forde and his cronies' dumb asses. Use profits to open GYERO sports bar.

Seriously. Eat it up!

Yeah we're seeing full-blown, MORALLY OUTRAGED Kyle Tucker tonight. In case you didn't know, he's just a liiiiiiiiittle bit better than all of us in the #BBN.

There's not a better reporter on the beat, but crap does it come with a cost.

Reactions: Booker Noe
Man how I've missed these 9PM sec road games. [sick]

Excited about pacing my living room and finally winding down around midnight whereby I'll be completely exhausted tomorrow morning and the rest of my week is off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
Yeah we're seeing full-blown, MORALLY OUTRAGED Kyle Tucker tonight. In case you didn't know, he's just a liiiiiiiiittle bit better than all of us in the #BBN.

There's not a better reporter on the beat, but crap does it come with a cost.
The mistake Kyle and many reporters make is that they basically use the twitter portion of the fan base to create a narrative. I would say twitter is the most negative and extreme sample of humanity...whether it be politics, sports, etc.

At least Matt Jones seems to recognize the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT