ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for choking Riley - much appreciated. We get a favorble call to end game with A&M, vandy choking on fts - not sure how to handle it.

Good thing the ghost of Dean Smith wasn't coaching Vandy down 6 with 8 seconds left. We'd have been effed.

Reactions: UK-BILL
Looked like Diallo on that dagger from the corner to me. I'll need to go back and see it again.

:joy:

Tried to give it away, but Vandy refused to take it.

Cal get bonus $$$ for leftover timeouts? That Vandy steal on the inbounds with about a minute to go was inexcusable.

0/4 FT, 0/4 3PT--->TFP, Riley.

Bryce Drew must be incredibly down on his team's inability to get any charges. Kentucky is usually good for 1 or 2 bs calls.

Cal can’t call timeouts anymore. No coach can.

Think maybe having our PG would help against a late press?

I'm aware that he can't call them himself. I just have a hard time understanding why no one on the court (A) realized we had two remaining and (B) used one when it was obvious that we weren't going to be able to get the ball in clean.

Just seems like something that the staff might considering mentioning to them at some point.

Reactions: wcc31
What kind of kid is healthy and good to go and doesn't want to be out there just by choice? Watches from the bench while his teammates fight short-handed and not only isn't begging to get on the court, but flat just doesn't want to be? Really weird situation. Does he think he's gonna get drafted without playing and wants to stay safe? Because that's not happening.

All things considered, we kinda locked them up in the last 6 minutes. Even when they went 5 out we actually had help rotate over on the drive. That's growth.

Wenyen has gone from can’t play him, to he does some nice things but cancels it out with stupid things, to we almost can’t afford to have him off the floor. Same with SKJ.

So that’s why we don’t give up on freshman.

I've become a huge fan of Wenyen. Even when he looked like he had never touched a basketball before, he always hustled his ass off.

His game is absolutely fugly, but he's our only reliable interior player at this point.

He's kind of a microcosm of this team, actually -- not great per se and certainly not pretty to watch but somehow finds a way to keep winning.

I'm not gonna crush Vanderbilt for sitting out when the program made it acceptable last year for a top recruit to come and choose not to play. Kinda hard for Cal to have a problem with it now when he agreed to it last year. That's the tricky thing about setting that precedent.

Apparently call forgot Vanderbilt’s name today. lol

If that doesn’t call him out I’m not sure what will.

I think Cal is orchestrating this Vanderbilt comeback with doctors/trainers and his family and it’s not just in Vanderbilt’s hands alone right now. Cal said his preference was to ease him back in for a few minutes at home. I’m not of the belief Vanderbilt is touching around with us, if anything it’s Cal protecting him.

I think Cal is orchestrating this Vanderbilt comeback with doctors/trainers and his family and it’s not just in Vanderbilt’s hands alone right now. Cal said his preference was to ease him back in for a few minutes at home. I’m not of the belief Vanderbilt is touching around with us, if anything it’s Cal protecting him.
100%

I'm not gonna crush Vanderbilt for sitting out when the program made it acceptable last year for a top recruit to come and choose not to play. Kinda hard for Cal to have a problem with it now when he agreed to it last year. That's the tricky thing about setting that precedent.
The two are not equivalent, imo.

Reactions: cawoodsct
The two are not equivalent, imo.

Why not? Diallo didn't want to hurt his draft stock by coming in mid-year and looking bad. It certainly seems like Vanderbilt could play but there is resistance coming from somewhere (where exactly remains to be seen) trying to keep him from playing this year and hurting his draft stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT