ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Have heard Chattanooga is a helluva town, actually. Charming.

- Work has gotten in the way of my randoms. And fiance. And becoming an old MFer in general.

And to be honest, I just don’t hate BBdK, PTI, Llama, etc as much as I used to. It’s embarrassing, really.

- Hope we steal Zion just so I can hear Cal joke 278x next year about Stoops asking if he can borrow him to play defensive end.

- This Jann Wenner biography (founder of the Rolling Stone) is terrific but way too in depth. Yeezus- I’m 250 pages in and it’s only 1974.

- I have just never found Sandra Bullock attractive, especially for a Hollywood actress.

Reactions: WynnDuffy
My prayer list, in order:

1. Spouses of sportswriters.
2. Our armed forces.

Pigeon Forge (couple hours from Chattanooga) has a crime museum that houses THE Ford Bronco from the OJ chase. Odd spot for it, but it's there. And Chattanooga has a really cool aquarium.

The boys are in Nashville and practicing

DTXTPTqU0AAqt0z

Reactions: SAECATFAN
Sweet banners. Has to be for the women's team they never been to the Final 4 let alone the 93 Final 4.

Last edited:
Not-as-good-as-Clark's randoms....

-Asheville looks to be the destination for the Llamas' "nice little Spring Break mid-week trip". Biltmore, food scene, family stuff, etc. Recs always welcome.

-There are some college hoops arenas that I see on TV and think they'd be solid places to watch a game. Not because of atmosphere or the program itself, moreso for how the arena is designed. These include(but are not limited to): Utah, Illinois, Wichita State, Purdue, Washington, and Ole Miss' new house. Just like what I've seen of these places....seating arrangements, sightlines, etc.

-Looks like I'll be hitting up Hinkle for a Saturday afternoon tilt next month. Will be nice to check that one off the list.

-Really looking forward to "The Assassination of Gianni Versace" next week on FX. Same people who did "The People vs. O.J. Simpson". That Versace/Cunanan case fascinated me because it happened when I was living in L.A. and there were wanted posters EVERYWHERE for that guy. What a tear that sicko went on....man

-Sonic is everywhere, and their commercials are everywhere, but I honestly can't think of a single time I've ever heard someone mention that they've eaten there. Is it just those two guys keeping the franchise afloat? You'd think they'd be bigger.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Hinkle and Mackey are both great spots. I'm trying to cross a few arenas off the list each year. I plan on starting on Ohio next year once Cincy's and Dayton's renovations are completed.

-Really looking forward to "The Assassination of Gianni Versace" next week on FX. Same people who did "The People vs. O.J. Simpson". That Versace/Cunanan case fascinated me because it happened when I was living in L.A. and there were wanted posters EVERYWHERE for that guy. What a tear that sicko went on....man.

I agree that it could be a good show, but what is the LA connection? The Versace murder happened in Miami Beach.

I agree that it could be a good show, but what is the LA connection? The Versace murder happened in Miami Beach.

Andrew Cunanan was originally from southern California and had been spotted frequently in West Hollywood that year, and had several acquaintainces in that whole scene. The fear was that he'd strike there next.

Nice little day. Enjoyed a work lunch/retirement party at Commanders Palace. Did the bare minimum amount of work. Currently sipping hot tea and reading Pillars of the Earth. About halfway thru. It’s cold, also.

Reactions: wcc31
I’ll tell you what I’m sick of — this bs “home court advantage” Vandy gets by putting their benches along the baseline. If it’s such a huge advantage, why tf doesn’t everyone do it?? Not buying it.

Get pumped, Dores Guy.

Our boy Kyle leaves his attractive young wife alone with yearling twins for a couple days at a time to go write about games while she is doing stressed-out-mother-of-toddlers stuff at home x2. I know he's grandstanding a bit here, but still. Gotta make sure she knows just how stressed out YOU are because of this tough sports gig. Yeah, I get it.

You left out "failed".

Wish I was in LA in the ‘90s so I could’ve heckled your Dave Coulier ass.

I’ll tell you what I’m sick of — this bs “home court advantage” Vandy gets by putting their benches along the baseline. If it’s such a huge advantage, why tf doesn’t everyone do it?? Not buying it.

Get pumped, Dores Guy.

What is this???? Never even noticed.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
- Stag is a great adjective.

- I’ve heard there’s some shit being talked about me on Twitter- bring it to GYERO, you twats!

Reactions: cawoodsct
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT