ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Richards would be a lot better basketball player if he got a haircut. He looks like Sonic the Hedgehog. Which is fine, if you're a stud like Sonic, but right now, he's playing more like Big the Cat.

Reactions: BristolCat
usa_today_10402681.0.jpg

I think he will continue to improve, but I highly doubt that.

SKJ is the better and TOUGHER player right now, which is what Cal is desperately pleading for -- he should be C1 for the time being.

-Still can't believe that Hogg dagger didn't drop. :eyes: (I love that dude, btw)

-The OMG PRODUCT may be down or whatever, but there are multiple great games/matchups across cbb every night this year, which I find awesome.

-Games like last night are why you need some 3-4 year guys. You know, the ones that many of you *completely* write off after they aren't dominating 15 (or even 45) games into their college basketball careers.

Same losers bitching about Richards were bitching about SKJ and Cal never recruiting multi-year players. They're not all going to be Davis so stop using it as a benchmark.

Nick Richards would be a lot better basketball player if he got a haircut. He looks like Sonic the Hedgehog. Which is fine, if you're a stud like Sonic, but right now, he's playing more like Big the Cat.
I have this theory that if there is something different or that stands out about you, most of the time it's going to work against you with refs. Kind of like how bright red or yellow cars get more tickets than beige or gray cars because they get the cops' attention in a negative way.

Rickards and Wenyen get bad whistles because they standout (not that Richards doesn't deserve some of them) with their hair. It draws attention and makes them look clumsy. Shai's hair made him look out of control sometimes because it flopped around everywhere...he cut it, now he's just a smooth guard with a tight handle and he's getting to the line at will.

There should be a study done on this.

I have this theory that if there is something different or that stands out about you, most of the time it's going to work against you with refs. Kind of like how bright red or yellow cars get more tickets than beige or gray cars because they get the cops' attention in a negative way.

Rickards and Wenyen get bad whistles because they standout (not that Richards doesn't deserve some of them) with their hair. It draws attention and makes them look clumsy. Shai's hair made him look out of control sometimes because it flopped around everywhere...he cut it, now he's just a smooth guard with a tight handle and he's getting to the line at will.

There should be a study done on this.
Your theory has merit. So Brian Bowen should foul out like 5 minutes into every game?

Reactions: TheShowKiller
Same losers bitching about Richards were bitching about SKJ and Cal never recruiting multi-year players. They're not all going to be Davis so stop using it as a benchmark.

:100points:

...and Lee. And Matthews. And Izak (who would have been huge this year)

As tough as it's been already, we'd be in even bigger trouble without SKJ, as marginal as he still may be. If this season doesn't show the need to have capable bench guys (add Gabriel), I'm not sure what will.

The key is not having to RELY on the players that need a few years to develop as Freshman, which we seem to struggle with b/c they all transfer or get run out.

Reactions: CatsFan75
I think Cal was cool with Briscoe dribbling out of bounds and into the G league but I don't think he wanted to lose Humphries at all. That kid would easily have started this year.
Certainly didn't want to lose him but he thought he had Bamba as the starter this year, so it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Reactions: Col. Angus
^ sure it would have. That's the entire point.

Putting all your eggs on 1 kid, for 1 season, is exactly the issue. 20% of the time you're going to get that surefire superstar, and the other 80% you're going to either miss or get a kid who needs time.
He wasn't putting all his eggs in one basket. He thought he had Bamba in the bag, but, he had SKJ and Richards already on board, it wasn't some huge blow at the time Humphries went to fulfill his dreams back home, which is what Cal wants anyway.

Last edited:
I think we all have a tendency to forget the process with these kids, even with some of the more talented ones we’ve had. I can’t stand it when a national media member says.. WE’LL, LOOK AT ALL OF THE TALENT KENTUCKY HAS. UK HAS 3 FIRST ROUND PICKS, ETC, ETC. Just because such and such will play in the NBA for years to come doesn’t mean he is a better college player than some seasoned dude that won’t play in The League. Of course we need the right mix to win the damn title.

Comparing an 18 year old now in college to what they NBA projects that kid to be in 3-4 years and how that skill set will translate in the NBA at the age of 25 are apples and oranges.

Too many people like to look at what a former UK player is now as a grown man in the NBA and think that the same player played at UK as an 18 yr old.

It’s hard as shit to do what Cal does. Despite NBA projections there are so many bad habits to break with most freshman, not to mention starting 5 of them. Look at Gilgeous- Alexander. Dude was running around the court like a chicken with his head cut off at the beginning of the year. The game has started to slow down for Washington.

They say Cal doesn't do negative recruiting, but he probably should. Damned if K, Roy, Self, etc. don't have glaring marks on their resumes in regards to causing kids money by guilt tripping them into staying in college.

Can't think of one guy that obviously lost money under Cal. I can think of a few that may have been better off, but no obvious examples like Grayson Allen turning down a late lotto spot to come back and get exposed as a head case streak shooter who plays no D. But at least he's getting his degree, right SAE?

there is a marathoninvestigation.com site?
They take that stuff serious as f*ck. Several stories like this every year. If you're going to cheat to win why do it in the Rascally Racoon 100? Do it in Boston or a prestigious event. A few of them go to extraordinary lengths and the investigators, normally the poor saps in 2nd place, go all out.

A lot of otherwise normal people. The owner of Vo2 and his former gf got busted for steroids. Non-pro mediocre triathlons competitors. Smh.

If you're board read about Kip Litton. That dude was organizing and marketing fake races. Normal, successful, respected dentist making up fake marathons to legitimize cheating in real races.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT