ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
As if there was any, there’s no doubt now- this team remarkably runs through our least heralded recruit. He’s outstanding.

Loved how Cal went small with PJ at the 5. Also liked how he benched Diallo and Richards. No time for learning on the job.

Gutsy effort.

Once again- Gabriel deserves as much credit as anyone. His hustle and enthusiasm changed this game.

So weird that these dudes play great in little stretches. Hard to pin on them because at any point one of them takes over for a few minutes. They all really have that ability.

Gabriel, SGA(2nd), Knox (1st 25), PEEJ, Green all played really well.

Not depending on Monk/Murray to go crazy is kind of nice. Also watching them progress every game.

We’ve all seen that movie a million times and yet they found a way. Impressive considering we start 5 freshmen and it was their first road game.

Reactions: wcc31
nce again- Gabriel; His hustle and enthusiasm changed this game.

No, the game changed when they started moving the ball and getting SGA to probe/attack the basket.

Settling for jumpers in the 1st was a clear cut sign of a young immature team with first true road environment staring them in the face.

They settled down in the 2nd, ran their stuff, and didn't let the LSU D off the hook. Once we made them start to guard, they became imbalanced and SGA was able to do his thing.

LSU Players from another time

Ricky Blanton
Nikita Wilson
Chris Jackson (or was it Mark? M'fer had Tourettes I DO remember that)
Stanley Roberts
That asshat that pulled A D down from behind by his shoulders on a break away dunk

Festus?

Shit -- I'm better at this with Alabama

Reactions: grantbob
We had dropped 2 of the last 3 in Baton Rouge in humiliating fashion, the one where Dan Dakich called out the Harrisons and then the one 2 years ago with Ben Simmons. I don't care if Stephen F. Austin won there a couple weeks ago, that's a ballsy win by our guys that I wasn't expecting at all in the first road game of the year.

From one snake pit to the next. Dumb crap happens at Thompson-Boling. Blessing and a curse to not know which guy's going to step up. I lean more towards the side of good, so long as somebody does it.

No, the game changed when they started moving the ball and getting SGA to probe/attack the basket.

Settling for jumpers in the 1st was a clear cut sign of a young immature team with first true road environment staring them in the face.

They settled down in the 2nd, ran their stuff, and didn't let the LSU D off the hook. Once we made them start to guard, they became imbalanced and SGA was able to do his thing.

k

That asshat that pulled A D down from behind by his shoulders on a break away dunk

I will never be able to remember this without thinking of BKH's comparison to a Scooby Doo villain, running with his arms stretched out over his head.

Festus was a Vandy guy... unless there's two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT