ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
A photoshop of this with Jurich and Pitino in the Bronco would be A+++.

oj-simpson-white-bronco-chase.jpg

*The phrase at the request of at least one coach from University-6 is incredible.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UofLol.jpg

*[laughing] at Dawkins specifying exactly how the illegal acts were going to go. What a dumbass. I guess he just wanted to be sure the FBI understood exactly what they were doing. Didn't want anything getting lost in translation.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C2.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The "rival athletic apparel company" coming in with a higher bid should be concerning for everyone, but particularly for whatever non-Adidas schools were recruiting Bowen. I'd be shitting my pants if I were them right now.

*So it eventually took 3 phone calls directly to/from Pitino to get Bowen paid sufficiently. Maybe I'm reading too much into it; but, it appears this was the order leading up to Bowen's commitment:
  1. Bowen was going to commit to UofL for $100,000.00
  2. Another apparel company was offering more than $100,000.00 and Bowen's family was considering it.
  3. Pitino was directly involved in 3 phone calls concerning getting more money to Bowen's family.
  4. Bowen commits to UofL for the original agreed upon amount of $100,000.00.
Why would Bowen commit to UofL for the original $100,000.00 when (a) he had received a higher offer and (b) Pitino had 3 conversations about getting Bowen's family more money? That seems unlikely. Seems to me the more likely scenario is Bowen got more than $100,000.00, and whatever extra he got on top either isn't known or wasn't referenced in the indictment because there wasn't strong enough proof, of which they already had plenty.

Is it possible, or likely, that Pitino himself chipped in on the side to get Bowen a little more cash?

Either way, if C2 is Pitino, then Pitino was definitively and directly involved in paying players.

L6.jpg

Fantastic that UofL can't say it was just one rogue player/coach/etc...as they love to do. There's a clear pattern, which I'm sure the NCAA will love.

Reactions: -Mav- and WynnDuffy
The Pitino/basketball story is entertaining and all, but not really all that relevant to UK's success on the court. Jurich is another matter entirely. He built and maintained UL's football success by sheer force of will. It's hard to see anybody maintaining that program, especially after Petrino leaves. Getting and keeping the upper hand in the football series is huge.

It's funny that the media is apparently waiting until the last shovel of dirt is thrown on Jurich's grave before unloading on him. He really ruled that town with an iron fist. Looking forward to those stories.

Reactions: wcc31
I wonder how much money truly TOM took in when you add up everything. I assume the side deals (no jazzy) were outpacing his UL official intake. It is just really astounding the way he ran that city.

It is all bittersweet to me on one hand you have the dbags like sheriff, zipper et al who I feel so #blessed for.

On the other you had the best rivalry in college basketball, sweat inducing anxiety in the regular season/tournament etc. It will never be the same and I will miss it greatly. TOM, RICK & BOBBY are the villains that I love to hate.

With that said I am highly anticipating the return of suntan to the radio should be a solid Monday if that's in fact right.

While he has yet to respond to Thursday's media reports, Pence on Wednesday, when asked by WDRB’s Jason Riley if Pitino is Coach-2, he said, “Quite honestly, I don’t know.”

He added that he had not been told Pitino is under investigation and added, “I can tell you for sure Rick Pitino has done nothing wrong.”

K. Can't have it both ways, bud.

While he has yet to respond to Thursday's media reports, Pence on Wednesday, when asked by WDRB’s Jason Riley if Pitino is Coach-2, he said, “Quite honestly, I don’t know.”

He added that he had not been told Pitino is under investigation and added, “I can tell you for sure Rick Pitino has done nothing wrong.”

K. Can't have it both ways, bud.
I mean, his client told him he's innocent.

End. Of. Story.

-apparently it happened a few years back. I shouldnt find it funny, but after listening to he and billy reed slamming ky on the radio...im amused.

I mean, was she always gay and tried it out as a straight wife...or did he repulse her so much, that she's pretty much ruined from all men.

Reactions: Century Cat
He's such an asshat. Went on and on this morning about Pitino not being Coach #2. MY SOURCES SAY DIFFERENT! And then an hour later, he's saying that HIS SOURCES are backing off their original stance.

Face it dude...you hitched your fandom to the wrong train. And now you're just a local/yocal mouthpiece know nothing.

Reactions: rudd1 and drxman1
He's such an asshat. Went on and on this morning about Pitino not being Coach #2. MY SOURCES SAY DIFFERENT! And then an hour later, he's saying that HIS SOURCES are backing off their original stance.

Face it dude...you hitched your fandom to the wrong train. And now you're just a local/yocal mouthpiece know nothing.

I'm really interested to what is going to happen with their huge gaggle of radio guys. Their gravy train is up. They essentially have 2 full on UL radio networks in Louisville. If Jurich is gone how will that one even be funded?

So I guess Bowen was down to Michigan State and Oregon before committing. I’m guessing Oregon had made the bigger offer. Either way, it’s probably safe to assume it was Nike, unless it was some random school not on his list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT