ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are always outraged over something - left and right. I mean - for God's sake - there were a shitload of people who believed Hillary Clinton was running a child slavery operation out of a pizza parlor.

Yeah. What the hell was that?

(Not a political take. But seriously, was that just some Alex Jones craziness or something? I never knew anything about it until a nutcase shot an assault rifle in a pizza joint.)

Lol, 36 hours ago 95% of the outrage had no clue what DACA was... now they're falling all over themselves to be the most offended.
It takes less than 36 hours to learn what DACA is and see that it's important and that it's wrong to rescind it. You don't know that there's a place called Hanley Falls or where it is, but if Trump tweeted that we're going to carpet bomb it in 24 hours, you'd have no problem googling it and deciding that we absolutely shouldn't do that.

Yeah. What the hell was that?

(Not a political take. But seriously, was that just some Alex Jones craziness or something? I never knew anything about it until a nutcase shot an assault rifle in a pizza joint.)
People are always outraged over something - left and right. I mean - for God's sake - there were a shitload of people who believed Hillary Clinton was running a child slavery operation out of a pizza parlor.
There ARE a shitload of people who believe that. They're over in the political thread. I'm not joking, that's 100% true. Today they're discussing how the Jews control the media. Seriously. Hank, if you want that whole story, I'm sure half that thread could passionately explain it to you.

I'm not as outraged and angry as I once was but I do agree whitey is the devil and the root of all evil. Of that, I'm certain.

Reactions: roguemocha
-I just think it's funny to see the political nutjobs on both sides act as if the other side is completely corrupt, unethical, racist, communist, idiots, greedy, etc. Those two groups are exactly the same whether they like it or not. Exact same. I'm sure they all spend time researching each topic before posting 97 times on social media and crying. More likely the spend that time trying to find a reason they can be offended.

-We do need immigrants though. TS.

-Irma is furious. Sorry BD.

-Tried cheesecake with the anova. About a B because the consistency was not correct. I rushed it a bit and my first time drying a dessert. Going to give it another run soon. Crushed the blackberry compote though. Mercy.

-B2BC this weekend, (shameless plug to donate), weather actually looks great for once. No rain, please don't change, and mild temps. Sucks I'm missing the opening tailgate but whatever. In really good shape this year so ready to crush it.

--Chris Froome needs a worthy rival.

* Politics basically boils down to incredibly petty arguments, for no other purpose than to appeal to a certain fanbase, with little to no common sense discussion applied. Digging in one's heels equal or greater to your opposition, regardless of the topic. I mean, just within the last year there has been heated argument about federal f'ing law on which gd bathroom people have to use.

Go. F. Yourselves.

* This generosity shaming in the wake of Harvey is pretty disgusting, imo. I hate Donald Trump, and don't necessarily care for Joel Osteen, but the ease with which social media enthusiasts spend their money is rather alarming. As if they're somehow financially responsible for fixing a $150 billion mess.

* Hattiesburg is actually a beautiful campus, but the game was awful. The stadium was 2/3 full. The sound system was terrible. The game was boring. But hey, a win is a win is a win. Go Cats and stuff!!

* I've been agonizing and stressing over a job offer for the last month, and finally had to let my courters know I'm staying put. There was a ton of opportunity, flexibility, and upside with a young but quickly growing company, but at the end of the day, I'm not leaving unless it's a slam freaking dunk.

* JD Martinez with 4 bombs yesterday, which hasn't happened in baseball since......Scooter Gennett, of course. :joy:

* Been absolutely crushing yoga of late. No flexibility, but the upper body strength to do some cool shit. Swallow your pride and give it a shot, fellas.

* That Biggie documentary on A&E was pretty dope. Great timing, too. Been hooked on Wu Tang Clan radio (Pandora) for a few weeks, and Biggie is a frequent contributor.

I Got A Story To Tell = :100points::100points:

Poor John Starks.

* On a nice little Air bnb roll. Saturday I stayed at a lassies house. Came home Sunday night and it looked like nobody had even set foot in the place. Easy cash.

* Short work weeks always end up being the longest weeks, because you spend the whole time thinking "wow, this sure is a short week!!"

I just think it's funny to see the political nutjobs on both sides act as if the other side is completely corrupt, unethical, racist, communist, idiots, greedy, etc. Those two groups are exactly the same whether they like it or not. Exact same. I'm sure they all spend time researching each topic before posting 97 times on social media and crying. More likely the spend that time trying to find a reason they can be offended.
I think there's a lot of truth to this. I also think we're in a slightly unique period right now and "I'm in the middle, both sides are right and wrong" is often too easy and overly satisfying. I'm pretty left-leaning, but I've absolutely seen both sides just try to drum up rage. I've seen people (Twitter of course) say that Trump is a dick for not going to Houston fast enough, and that he's wrong to have gone at all. I've seen people argue that rescinding DACA would cost the nation billions in tax revenue and I've seen people call THOSE people wrong for dehumanizing dreamers into tax revenue. It's a monkey-shit fight that accomplishes little most of the time. I do think kicking 800,000 Americans out of the country isn't realistic. I think he might be using this as a tactic to get something else. Still shitty.

The current GOP leadership and the president are an out of control fire, and the left are the firefighters spraying each other with the hoses for fun. Hard to know who to hate more.

No more politics, promise. /out.

Anth is in good shape BUT WHAT ABOUT WILLY?

I'm now down 18.5 lbs in the last 29 days.

I rode around 30 miles yesterday with 10 of it being a major hill workout. I rode around 38 on Saturday. I rode around 60 combined the previous weekend.

All in all, compared to most other 45 year olds, I'd say I'm in pretty good touching shape.

This will be, I believe, my 8th consecutive year riding in the Bike to beat Cancer. I have personally raised over $7k in the fight against cancer. That is more important to me than how fast or far I go at this point.

So, in summary, suck it. And thanks for asking.

Well can maybe some of these dreamers write a decent movie script...they remade Flatliners?!?!

WTF

In Chad's head.*

*Also, Versailles

If you are ever in Tucson for any reason and need anything you can call me

I'll check your profile and I THINK you can still leave private messages there -I'll leave my cell # for you

You never know, right?

PS - I have a VERY strong image of what you look like......and I honestly can't remember if we've met or not .....did we meet at a UK football game once?

Reactions: Mashburned
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT