ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
LL convoys were some of the best times. We loaded up the Burbans and Peditions, rolled all over the state kicking ass and eating at Speedways. Good times.

A sure sign of the summer-fall transition is the grass and trees starting to dry up.

For me, humidity is the key. As long as it's not 90+ degrees, if the air is dry, I'm good.

But either way, the ground is drying up. I've already seen some fallen leaves this week. And, July/Aug/Sept you only have to cut grass half as often as in April/May/June.

Reactions: CastleRubric
My little all star tee ball team whooped more ass today. Felt good watching them turn 5-3-2 doubles in the mild 78 degree temps. Now I get to load the vehicles down for tournament play tomorrow and a post game celebration in beautiful Seagrove, Florida. Looking forward to some white sand, emerald waters and some sort of mechanical failure for my 2009 Volkswagen Routan minivan.

No, but they ran around Commwealth Stadium on game days in hordes in ambiguously designed uniforms selling candy bars to raise money for their purported cause. True story.

Maybe them fayette co pussies, but down here we ate our candy boxes and charged it to the game. Our equipment was 20 years old and stored in olive army duffels. We damn sure didn't recognize UK football either because they were losers.

Southeastern and South are the 2 best leagues in Lexington anyway. And they are Cal Ripken.

Still a cool story for that LL team. First time they'd won a state championship since '80.

Fun times last night with the Schems. Holy Shitake those mushrooms were delicious. Strong work on the pork chop as well Anth. We need to find that magic adobo rub.

Is there anything more summerlovin than fresh caprese salad with monster heirloom tomatos and fresh basil? Get pumped winter heads.

You know, one of my pet peeves is the Facebook request for prayers, but they don't tell you what it's for...I mean, why can't you just say it?

Maybe I don't want to send prayers unless I know it's legit.

You know, one of my pet peeves is the Facebook request for prayers, but they don't tell you what it's for...I mean, why can't you just say it?

Maybe I don't want to send prayers unless I know it's legit.

Those narcissistic hens don't want prayers. They want everyone to fawn over them and ask them what's wrong.

Bullshit attention-whoring.

Went to Boca last night. Snackdown:

Had the "Ol' Max Powerrr Special"- pommes souflees, hamachi crudo, brussels sprouts and scallops, buffalo mozzarella, corn cappalecci, boar agnolotti bolognese con prosciutto, spaghetti con bottarga, beef tenderloin boca, foie gras macaron, and buckeye candy bar.

It was all good.

#snackdown

Last edited:
RE: Credit Card Game

1- So basically to get the 40,000 pts intially I have to spend $1000 on airline flights? Or in general?

I guess I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see it in the details anywhere.

We are considering a vacation next year to Hawaii that I will need to capatilize on the game.

2- Also Southwest doesn't look like it is one of the airlines flies into the islands. Therefore I am wondering if those pts only work for Southwest?

3- I've also seen you guys mention the pts can cover hotels? Obviously I'm new to this and really think the all inclusive route may be best for a simple fella like myself......any advice?

Reactions: Mashburned
Hey guys if your marriage is ever just going too well at any point just agree to spend a weekend painting your house with your wife because that seems a great way to really shake things up. SHIT.
We painted a room together once. ONCE.

Reactions: rudd1
RE: Credit Card Game

1- So basically to get the 40,000 pts intially I have to spend $1000 on airline flights? Or in general?

I guess I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see it in the details anywhere.

We are considering a vacation next year to Hawaii that I will need to capatilize on the game.

2- Also Southwest doesn't look like it is one of the airlines flies into the islands. Therefore I am wondering if those pts only work for Southwest?

3- I've also seen you guys mention the pts can cover hotels? Obviously I'm new to this and really think the all inclusive route may be best for a simple fella like myself......any advice?
Oh boy.

I bet when krazykats signs up for a points based credit card, it signals some big alert at the corporate office. A team of execs sits around rubbing their hands together with a shit eating grin on their faces, thinking "we got one."

29.99% interest rate
Huge annual fee
Account closing charges
Balance transfer fees

All because that idiot wasn't smart enough to figure out the game. They'll probably send him a fancy pen or something as a gift. Just because.

Only considering this stupid card for this trip. Figure it's worth it in this case which is why my questions were specific to what I need the card for.

Nothing else. It will be cut up the day we get back even though I could see a benefit to this it isn't something I really need yet.

Never had to worry about this before as we always used my parents timeshare through Wyndham which had a network of places damn near everywhere we wanted to go.

So instead of asking for prayers, why don't you just tell us which card it is you want.

After you're done running up a CC for a trip and enjoying that sweet timeshare, maybe you can buy a new Ford Raptor and a 75" TV.

All really smart financial decisions.

Reactions: ace on the river
-You don't really want to do the SW card right now. Best to time that one for 1st Qtr. Go to million mile secrets, nerd wallet, points guy and do a little research. You do understand that you're not just going to sign up for 2-3 cards and voila you earned an all expense paid trip to Hawaii, right? Unless you're very organized I'd suggest just getting on a few good point earning cards (Saphire, AMEX SPG, Inc) and starting there. Maybe pay for a 1/4 of the trip or something like that.

Man, to have a clear credit card application history and be able to burn through 20 cards again....those were fun times.

Now I'm down to 4...just plugging along.

The thrill is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT